Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yah costco is great for iTunes cards. They sometimes have even better deals but the regular price is still great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rolo posted:

Do iTunes cards work for any app that is billed through iTunes?

I didn’t realized it could be more than Apple products because I spend like 100 a year on piano software.

Yeah, as far as I'm aware, if you have a credit balance, it'll always bill that before billing your credit card.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
A gift card is basically a credit to your account. They won't bill your credit card until your account balance is zero.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I think if other people on a family plan buy on your account (with your approval) it puts it on the CC associated with the account and not store credit from gift cards, for some reason. Perhaps there is an option to select payment method.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, as far as I'm aware, if you have a credit balance, it'll always bill that before billing your credit card.

Man I really need to start paying attention to these deals.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I know there's a goon-recommended app for room/floor planning, but the name escapes me... Any help?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Has the iOS 13 beta hit master yet or whatever so I can update now? Or does it look like release will get pushed to after the event this week?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

priznat posted:

Has the iOS 13 beta hit master yet or whatever so I can update now? Or does it look like release will get pushed to after the event this week?

13 beta moved right into 13.1 beta with no end in sight.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

priznat posted:

The gold master release never hits before the PR event for the next phone. It will likely be available on Tuesday evening for IPSW installs, and released to OTA updates a week or two later.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Ah I see, thanks for that info!

I was thinking it happened before release where it would be stable for a bit, but I’ll just wait til Tuesday or so.

I put the beta on my iPad since it is a lot less critical and my phone just gets the releases.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Really looking forward to iOS 13. Hope my 8 can run it well.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
it runs great on my 7 plus so you’ll be fine

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

priznat posted:

Ah I see, thanks for that info!

I was thinking it happened before release where it would be stable for a bit, but I’ll just wait til Tuesday or so.

I put the beta on my iPad since it is a lot less critical and my phone just gets the releases.

You likely won't be able to. As noted above, the beta channel is sending 13.1 betas. You can't get the 13.0 betas anymore.

And yeah, 13 runs perfectly well on my X. There's no reason an 8 should have trouble.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Is Paprika still the go to recipe app? I’ve been manually using Evernote but the iOS version really sucks, always redraws whenever you switch away from the app.

Does Paprika have a web version as well?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s what I’ve used forever and haven’t had to need to look elsewhere. No web app but they happ Windows and Mac apps as well and their own cloud thing so everything syncs. Multiple timers and being able to resize portions is super handy.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Is there a thread consensus on a good call blocking app?

I was using RoboFence up until recently; it was only $.99 one time purchase to link to a server that was keeping a database of bad numbers, but the app no longer appears to be able to reach its 'community server,' and since they're no longer on the App Store, I'm gonna assume they went belly-up at some point.

About the only thing I've been able to come up with currently sold apps is that NoMoRobo is the most reasonably priced ($19.99 per year for access to community database of bad callers) but of course there's no longer any apps that were like RoboFence (Pay $.99 once, forever)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Binary Badger posted:

Is there a thread consensus on a good call blocking app?

I was using RoboFence up until recently; it was only $.99 one time purchase to link to a server that was keeping a database of bad numbers, but the app no longer appears to be able to reach its 'community server,' and since they're no longer on the App Store, I'm gonna assume they went belly-up at some point.

About the only thing I've been able to come up with currently sold apps is that NoMoRobo is the most reasonably priced ($19.99 per year for access to community database of bad callers) but of course there's no longer any apps that were like RoboFence (Pay $.99 once, forever)

Hiya is pretty good. I use that along with T-Mobile’s own app.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been using RoboKiller. It answers with funny messages for known spam calls.

Prince Turveydrop
May 12, 2001

He was a veray parfit gentil knight.
I mainly receive neighbor-spoofed calls so I used WideProtect after someone here mentioned it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Hiya is pretty good. I use that along with T-Mobile’s own app.

My carrier provides a branded version of Hiya and I love when my phone buzzes and I see SUSPECTED TELEMARKETER on the screen. :hellyeah:

I also block block block like a mad bastard.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I've been using Robokiller, but most of the time the phone will ring, I'll ignore it, and then I'll get a notification from Robokiller bragging that they blocked a call, even though it clearly came through and I just ignored it.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Not sure if you’re aware, but iOS 13 has an option to send all calls not from your contacts immediately to voice mail. Might wait until then and see how that works for you.

Violator
May 15, 2003

If my leg is sweaty (like I’m working in the garage or outside) then my phone dials my Mom as my emergency contact. Even though I have the multiple side button press feature turned off and I have my wife set as my emergency contact. This has happened about a half dozen times and it’s super annoying.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Violator posted:

If my leg is sweaty (like I’m working in the garage or outside) then my phone dials my Mom as my emergency contact. Even though I have the multiple side button press feature turned off and I have my wife set as my emergency contact. This has happened about a half dozen times and it’s super annoying.

Yeah well.... I had it call my ex who I totally forgot was my emergency contact.

Yeah that was awkward.

I’ve since changed it.

Violator
May 15, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah well.... I had it call my ex who I totally forgot was my emergency contact.

Yeah that was awkward.

I’ve since changed it.

Woof, you got me beat.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Violator posted:

Woof, you got me beat.

Oh and I was with another woman.... it was a busy train I was getting on so hopefully she couldn’t hear anything buuuut.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES
Used to have great success with Robokiller but then all of a sudden it started making me miss calls and wouldn’t even send things properly to my voicemail.

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Violator posted:

Same for me, happened like 9 times over two weeks at a festival in a hot place. At 4am, typically, which probably made for some ‘interesting’ voicemail.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Reposting this because the original has literally disappeared from the thread and my posting history: Both ismoothrun and Runkeeper on my Apple Watch keep stopping their audio cues after several uses. I've reinstalled both multiple times and keeps happening. It's infuriating. Any ideas?

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

Is there an app for digg.com? The "official" one doesn't work well

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

devilmonk posted:

Is there an app for digg.com? The "official" one doesn't work well

:lol: @ digg.com in the year 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

withak posted:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I'm proud to announce the impeding release of my Fark reader

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

We’re the last people that should be making fun of old websites.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

SeANMcBAY posted:

We’re the last people that should be making fun of old websites.

Alternate theory: we are most qualified to be making fun of ancient websites.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Hell, I thought digg shut down years ago.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I had to check to make sure that it hadn't been replaced by something useful.

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

Thanks guys! I forgot I was posting to the cutting edge/only important questions section of the web.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
N.P.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

withak posted:

The digg app hasn't been updated in 3 years :laffo: