Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Sarri owns, I hope he smokes a cigarette on the pitch and blows it toward the directors box.

On the other side of the health spectrum, Mihajlovic was released from the hospital after his first round of treatments and is expected to be on the bench, or maybe in the stands, for Bologna's next match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Absolutely no one:

Juve execs: the Italian guy should quit smoking cigs

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Not that Sarri would switch to a vape but it just made me think... Is there a single top level manager that vapes?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I will stop watching football if I ever see a manager vaping on the sidelines. It might as well be video games at that point.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I guarantee you within the next two years there will be some weird looking younger English guy who does ok with a league 2 side and vapes that the Guardian will name the future of English football and dub the Millennial Manager

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

I guarantee you within the next two years there will be some weird looking younger English guy who does ok with a league 2 side and vapes that the Guardian will name the future of English football and dub the Millennial Manager

This is absolutely going to happen.

I can't remember seeing a single vape the last time I went home but that was over a year ago. I can't see it happening any time soon in Spain, France or Italy but maybe Germany and definitely England.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/01/07/sutton-united-manager-vapes-fa-cup-sidelines

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

gently caress me, lol

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I don't know why exactly I think this but I think that Klopp is totally the vaping type

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Well, poo poo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Simone Poodoin posted:

I don't know why exactly I think this but I think that Klopp is totally the vaping type

He actually smokes like a chimney.

There are clauses in his contract about making sure he has a smoking room in hotels on away trips.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Sick. That’s dope.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

abuse culture. posted:

Sick. That’s dope.

blow a fat cloud right in the 4th officials face when they don't give us a pen

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

looks like some tasty matches this weekend

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Atalanta's third kit :kiss: https://twitter.com/Footy_Headlines/status/1167070086567518209

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Is this a throwback or something? The retro badge is cool but it looks like baby poo poo with that pattern.

Karl Sharks posted:

looks like some tasty matches this weekend

Juve Napoli will be good unless they spend the whole match trying to figure each other out.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gigi Galli posted:

Is this a throwback or something? The retro badge is cool but it looks like baby poo poo with that pattern.

Juve Napoli will be good unless they spend the whole match trying to figure each other out.

Like velvet tiger stripe

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
a clear plastic rain jacket over that atalanta kit would give the full nonna’s-couch effect

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BolognaFC1909en/status/1167090040004055042
:chloe:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Been a while since I've paid attention but my immediate thoughts were Rome derby, atalanta v Torino, samp v Sassuolo and udinese v Parma could be good in terms of being derbies or teams closer in skill (based on last year's finishes at least)

Or are some of those likely to be a bit mediocre?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Karl Sharks posted:

Been a while since I've paid attention but my immediate thoughts were Rome derby, atalanta v Torino, samp v Sassuolo and udinese v Parma could be good in terms of being derbies or teams closer in skill (based on last year's finishes at least)

Or are some of those likely to be a bit mediocre?

Impossible to predict how Udinese v Parma will turn out, the rest should in fact be good games worth watching, plus the aforementioned Juve v Napoli, as they are likely the two best teams in the league.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Samp Sassuolo shouldn’t be good. Based on how Torino played against wolves I don’t think they have much of a chance against Atalanta. Udinese are not a good team and Parma should win.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

And the derby of course yes. Can see Lazio really destroying Roma though.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

Samp Sassuolo shouldn’t be good.

Uh oh GG, you’ve watched too much Milan and it’s broken your brain!!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Uh oh GG, you’ve watched too much Milan and it’s broken your brain!!

I literally meant to type should lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
The Rome derby is frequently poo poo in terms of the quality of play, but big on drama.

Probably will be a lot of goals in it this time around (at least by Lazio, ha).

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Atalanta could totally make it out of that CL group

BrBa
Oct 12, 2012

Simone Poodoin posted:

Atalanta could totally make it out of that CL group

They have a better chance than Inter. Why won't Barca just leave us alone...

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

i need that, along with Rostov's russian wall carpet one from last year

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

lmao his eye in the right place even!

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

canepazzo posted:

Atalanta's third kit :kiss:

Bold of them to put wood paneling on a shirt.

Also Juve's first CL match is at the Wanda Metropolitano so I guess we're signing Icardi since he just can't stay out of any Wanda he sees.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simeone from Fiorentina to Cagliari seems done. I did not expect that at all.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Simeone from Fiorentina to Cagliari seems done. I did not expect that at all.

It's done - he posted a pic of his flight to Cagliari. It was a foregone conclusion here, he was third in line as striker after Vlahovic (19 years) and a guy who's middle name is Prince. In the friendlies, he's been played as a winger if he even played.

All in all I'm unhappy cause I still think he can be a top player. With Pavoletti, he'll play the same position as when in Genoa, so he's definitely one to watch this year. Cagliari continues making a really good transfer market, better than a few "bigger" teams like Samp, Torino, Milan, heck even Juventus (if compared to season objectives).

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Juve has picked up that North Korean kid from Cagliari; looks like he’ll be playing for the Under 23’s in Serie C for a bit.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Juve has picked up that North Korean kid from Cagliari; looks like he’ll be playing for the Under 23’s in Serie C for a bit.

His YouTube highlights are fully sick, will be interesting to see if he's a legit prospect or if he's a Hachim Mastour type.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

His YouTube highlights are fully sick, will be interesting to see if he's a legit prospect or if he's a Hachim Mastour type.

I mean he was scoring real goals in real matches for Cagliari at one point. If he's bangin em in for the U23's he might be for real.

Here's the national team call ups for next week:

Surprised El Sha is in there since he hosed off to China, but he certainly isn't a starter. Midfield is a little weak imo, but you could easily play a 4-2-4 or something even wackier.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m just glad the team has a bit of Lasagna

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

I’m just glad the team has a bit of Lasagna

I always feel Immobile after a bit of Lasagna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Shrapnig posted:

I always feel Immobile after a bit of Lasagna.

Oh you're a Barella laughs aren't you