Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

dunne is right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Critical posted:

I had to laugh at that because it's such a HHH thing to say. Cant push that guy cause his rear end wobbles.

Also JR confirming that Hero never got a fair opportunity because of his weight

I've only listened to a few episodes but I think JR is my favorite Conrad podcast. He goes into tangents but they're almost always interesting old timey territory poo poo.

Also it's funny because after his second quad injury HHH got so fat that even Scott loving Steiner had a better roid body.
Even now HHH looks like poo poo

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

DLC Inc posted:

whatever they're doing, it ain't cardio because a lot of workers get gassed quick. meanwhile indie guys like Zayn and KO can run circles around most of the PC people. iirc the PC encourages hosed up lifting programs that messes with people.

Those group exercises in the ring like high knees in the corner or side shuffles are knee destroyers.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

FunMerrania posted:

Those group exercises in the ring like high knees in the corner or side shuffles are knee destroyers.

An ingenious way to make sure their contract never ends

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Djarum posted:

Yeah, promoting that you are number one on a loving kayfabe list is pretty sad.

I mean, it's not really any different than bragging about winning a championship.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Please never forget Big Stoke as he's going to get murdered.

https://twitter.com/Malcolmvelli/status/1167483013623623682

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

drat, hell of a way to find out your fiance got injured

https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1167513339104321538?s=20

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The Cameo posted:

I enjoyed JR basically outing on that Conrad podcast that WWE developmental isn't to even train anyone in the "house style", it's to break them down so they do what the WWE tells them to do without question. So yeah, basically cubicle nerds with good bodies.

Also Hunter apparently complaining that Punk's rear end was too big and soft. That was certainly a thing, even Conrad had to pause and go "... wait, what?" and dig in on that.

Where can I listen to this?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

DLC Inc posted:

why was Kevin Owens a different situation though

kevin owens wrestles in a shirt and he can plausibly pass for tough guy fat. i love hero but he looks like a large fat baby.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I love Hero but Owens is also a MUCH, MUCH better promo. He also fits their in house wrestling style better.

Hopefully, Hero gets that coach job when he's physically done.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn Steve Austin owned

https://twitter.com/steveaustinBSR/status/1166565695209033728

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The Cameo posted:

I enjoyed JR basically outing on that Conrad podcast that WWE developmental isn't to even train anyone in the "house style", it's to break them down so they do what the WWE tells them to do without question. So yeah, basically cubicle nerds with good bodies.

Also Hunter apparently complaining that Punk's rear end was too big and soft. That was certainly a thing, even Conrad had to pause and go "... wait, what?" and dig in on that.

Hunter my rear end is soft too

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

DarkstarIV posted:

Please never forget Big Stoke as he's going to get murdered.

https://twitter.com/Malcolmvelli/status/1167483013623623682

well stokely i made it, despite your directions

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dislikes: Bosses, lackeys

why they can't make it that simple anymore is beyond me.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/1167593880646119424

:krakken:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MotU posted:

well stokely i made it, despite your directions

Stokely! The performance center has blown away!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If you pull Becky, Roman, Charlotte, and Kofi out of that it would be identical to a 15 year old ad.

Especially the outdated idea of WWE being mainstream popular.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Stokely! The performance center has blown away!

No, mother! It's just a Northern Lights Suplex.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Anywhere that has podcasts honestly. Its the newest episode of Grilling JR.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
yay more people are enjoying stokely online

https://twitter.com/Malcolmvelli/status/1166796663060606976

https://twitter.com/Malcolmvelli/status/1167501079707377665

https://twitter.com/Malcolmvelli/status/1167134599555801088

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-9BPPMC9eU
well that's a horrifying thumbnail

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

The ad breaks in this are so jarring it sounds like Conrad just abruptly starts asking JR about weed and boner pills.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I would listen to the poo poo out of that honestly

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

it sounds like Conrad just abruptly starts asking JR about weed and boner pills.

Podcast of the loving year.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

That's just what JR looks like shirtless please don't bodyshame

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's too bad it doesn't show JR's full back piece of Gordon Solie

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Low Desert Punk posted:

kevin owens wrestles in a shirt and he can plausibly pass for tough guy fat. i love hero but he looks like a large fat baby.

Ohno having possibly the most unflattering gear in wrestling for a heavy guy doesn't help. Just wearing mid length or long tights/pants would make a huge difference.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

There was an episode of RAW I think during the Austin/Rock feud where Austin came out in a black Chevy with the Stone Cold emblems all over it while Back in Black blasted in the arena, I about lost my poo poo when I saw it

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Dacap posted:

Ohno having possibly the most unflattering gear in wrestling for a heavy guy doesn't help. Just wearing mid length or long tights/pants would make a huge difference.

Just let Ohno be fat. Little trunks fat vet Hero ruled hard.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man.. I wish I wasn't such a little wiener who thought pro wrestling was dumb when this poo poo was happening on TV.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lumbermouth posted:

Just let Ohno be fat. Little trunks fat vet Hero ruled hard.

I don’t know why people have to be reminded of this all the time, but fat hero is 100 percent the best hero.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

explosivo posted:

Man.. I wish I wasn't such a little wiener who thought pro wrestling was dumb when this poo poo was happening on TV.

There was a lot of terrible bullshit happening at the time but the overall presentation was so exciting it was easy to overlook the bad, and Steve Austin was such a goddamn cult of personality/so loving great that even if the entire rest of the show had been bad he would have made it great purely by his presence alone. I lived through it and I still can't quite believe how over he was.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

There was a lot of terrible bullshit happening at the time but the overall presentation was so exciting it was easy to overlook the bad, and Steve Austin was such a goddamn cult of personality/so loving great that even if the entire rest of the show had been bad he would have made it great purely by his presence alone. I lived through it and I still can't quite believe how over he was.

The pop Austin gets for coming out to help Mick win his 1st WWE championship is the loudest reaction for ANYTHING in wrestling I've ever seen

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 31, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The pop Austin gets for coming out to help Mick win his 1st WWE championship is the loudest reaction ANYTHING in wrestling I've ever seen

That and the explosion of crowd noise when the glass breaks during the McMahon/Helmsley beatdown of the Rock at Backlash 2000 are the high watermarks for me when it comes to Jesus Pops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55epUQD0NKs&t=52s

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 31, 2019

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jerusalem posted:

That and the explosion of crowd noise when the glass breaks during the McMahon/Helmsley beatdown of the Rock at Backlash 2000 are the high watermarks for me when it comes to Jesus Pops.

I think I’m foley’s first book he has the story of him working the multi man tag match with Austin and the pops for Austin we’re just at a level where Foley and everyone else in the ring were just thinking why even bother. Hahah

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The_Rob posted:

I don’t know why people have to be reminded of this all the time, but fat hero is 100 percent the best hero.

Fat Misawa Hero is great but I will always pick goofy cravate based offence Hero as my favourite. It was absolutely an indyriffic gimmick and he was ultimately right to drop it but him just being so smug and doing all these unnecessary flips and rolls only to put a guy in a cravate was so much fun, be it IWAMS, CZW or Chikara.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hero doing that match with Danielson in ROH where the crowd chanted,"YOU'RE GONNA GET YOUR loving HEAD KICKED IN!" and Hero left the ring and made the ring announcer get on the mic and inform them,"That is just your opinion" is when I knew he was something beautiful and special :)

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Jerusalem posted:

Hero doing that match with Danielson in ROH where the crowd chanted,"YOU'RE GONNA GET YOUR loving HEAD KICKED IN!" and Hero left the ring and made the ring announcer get on the mic and inform them,"That is just your opinion" is when I knew he was something beautiful and special :)

is there a video of this I must see this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hero is honestly in my top ten list of all time. I’ve followed him for so long and he’s just never not been good. He’s always good no matter what.