Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

BBC News posted:

Amid a clamour in the aftermath of the Texas and Ohio shootings earlier this month for increased background checks on firearm purchases, Mr Trump had said he was "looking to do background checks".

But he appeared to reverse that position after a phone call with the chief executive of the National Rifle Association, Wayne LaPierre, saying: "I'm also very, very concerned with the Second Amendment, more so than most presidents would be. People don't realise we have very strong background checks right now."

Good job electing this utterly stupid loving idiotic manchild, America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Vegetable posted:

Isn't there a megathread for this sort of thing, it's hardly news anymore

No, these threads are SA's version of "thoughts and prayers". They need to be posted.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Dell_Zincht posted:

They're going to do it again

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
We had looser gun laws back in the old days and this happened maybe once back then, good job breaking down society everyone lmao

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Weren't there murders like left and right in medieval times and up to like 20th century?

Maybe we are finally approaching that same level of societal misery.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

Weren't there murders like left and right in medieval times and up to like 20th century?

There was a lot more murdering until like the seventies or something, until cell phones basically if you left your county no one ever expected to see you again and you were a no good drifter anywhere else

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Oh is it that time again? America should really just announce these ahead of time.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Oh is it that time again? America should really just announce these ahead of time.
it's on the regularly scheduled programming, you can only blame yourself for missing it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Did someone order used bullets on Amazon

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Was this guy the nephew of a local police chief or the mayor or something? Usually the media gets the name and face out there pretty quickly.

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Animal-Mother posted:

Was this guy the nephew of a local police chief or the mayor or something? Usually the media gets the name and face out there pretty quickly.

maybe they're starting to realize treating it like an Employee Of The Month award with a photograph of the smiling dickhead shaking hands with someone isn't exactly the way to go

let alone reporting perpetrators getting plenty of love letters in jail

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

The murder rate continues to drop

The biggest difference is in how the news is being reported

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Colonel Cancer posted:

I prefer Neolithic levels of lawlessness. We can do better America.

sandwiches_and_ham posted:

maybe they're starting to realize treating it like an Employee Of The Month award with a photograph of the smiling dickhead shaking hands with someone isn't exactly the way to go

let alone reporting perpetrators getting plenty of love letters in jail

Mass shooter's literally state other mass shooter's inspire them. Why the media gives them an identity is beyond me.

zaepg fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 1, 2019

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
Republicans: We need to ban abortions so people stop having abortions.

Also Republicans: We cant ban guns, that will never work.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Animal-Mother posted:

A squad car was following this guy and he knew the game was up and started shooting. They probably had his name and life story from the plates before he suspected a thing.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dell_Zincht posted:

Eh... we did and we didn't, y'know?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

I'm reading one of the victims was a toddler. Not even a plural number of years old. Cool country, good job

If it was a 25 month old that would be one thing, but this is unacceptable.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Just call toddler gun murder "Ballistic post-natal abortion" and watch guns become a thing of the past

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/tarotfairy/status/1168173377527304192

luckily this magachud is here to correct the record for us

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

https://twitter.com/tarotfairy/status/1168173377527304192

luckily this magachud is here to correct the record for us

luckily you were here to point this out to us

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

What's the point in even shooting a toddler it's not like it will remember it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Colonel Cancer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfaLmE3a8ug&t=16s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Animal-Mother posted:

i haven't seen the name of one of these cockbrains in a while :shrug: I'm sure it's out there but I drat sure don't go looking for it

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Maybe this guy's name was Chad and the journalists are having a hard time with the narrative

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Colonel Cancer posted:

Is 17 months a toddler or just a baby?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Imagine being an insane white guy who desperately wanted to kill a bunch of people with little effort.
"Make the biggest impact with the least amount of energy" is the Alienated White Guy MO and I'd assume they are really excited about being able to live in a place where they can buy guns at the same store as their Hungry Man frozen dinners

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

shovelbum posted:

We had looser gun laws back in the old days and this happened maybe once back then, good job breaking down society everyone lmao

Looser gun laws, more households with guns, and average american male having more experience hunting or in the military. All of those have gone down dramatically in the past 50 years. Yet mass shootings have gone up exponentially.

vincentpricesboner fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 1, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It's truly hosed up when this is a 'good news story', in a relative sense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2019/09/anderson-davis-odessa-shooting-child-victim/amp/

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Why would a baby having her jaw shot out result in financial hardship for the family? Did this happen in some sort of third world shithole?

Anyway, I just donated. Other goons should too.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

What, did insurance already turn them down?

frh
Dec 6, 2014

General Dog posted:

What, did insurance already turn them down?

"While we sympathize with a toddler being shot in the face, the loss of teeth is purely cosmetic and thus is not covered by your Cigna plan".

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

"While we sympathize with a toddler being shot in the face, the loss of teeth is purely cosmetic and thus is not covered by your Cigna plan".

The teeth were going to fall out eventually anyway. This would be a needless procedure. -Blue Cross Blue shield

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Serious though how has every media outlet managed to hide his identity? I actually think it's a good idea but I can't believe not even one of them is willing to buck the trend just for the clicks.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Serious though how has every media outlet managed to hide his identity? I actually think it's a good idea but I can't believe not even one of them is willing to buck the trend just for the clicks.

no they should glorify him especially if he has a hateful ideology

those are the best because I can use them to make sick dunks on twitter

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Pretty sure they just don’t know. Police haven’t released a name yet, though it seems like they could find out from the hospital if they really wanted to

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don't see the point of releasing the name so early in such situations anyway. What good does it do?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Vegetable posted:

I don't see the point of releasing the name so early in such situations anyway. What good does it do?

It lets me meticulously comb his Facebook and Twitter for stuff I can use to group him with my ideological opposites.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

sweet thursday posted:

Imagine being an insane white guy who desperately wanted to kill a bunch of people with little effort.
"Make the biggest impact with the least amount of energy" is the Alienated White Guy MO and I'd assume they are really excited about being able to live in a place where they can buy guns at the same store as their Hungry Man frozen dinners

if only they had good family values like the vast majority of perpetrators in gun crimes

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

You know I recall staying up through the night to monitor the Boston Marathon bombing manhunt on SA. Now I'm not so sure I'd do that, given how regularly these mass killings happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Remember to avoid blaming guns and/org talking about how to control guns/b and be sidetracked by assholes like Viking. I'm surprised the majority of the pro gun idiot crew isn't here yet.