Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ad090 posted:

I wonder if the reason we're getting two Lizardmen DLC in a row is, because of how poorly (mostly from their content creators) Tehenhauin's campaign got reviewed, and while Tik-taq-to turned out to be a pretty drat good campaign, he wasn't what most of the fans wanted.
I dunno about that - some games track in-game statistics so the developers can track data on faction usage - I know its a thing with Hearts of Iron IV for sure, since it helps them plan their upcoming changes based on usage statistics. Lizardmen only had 2 LLs 6 months ago and they may have had a ton of content planned/available for them but didnt want to do it all in one big DLC (since smaller DLC probably sell better anyway) so they did SkinkMoses with Tik-taq-to as the FLC Lord just to add more content for Lizardmen, then tracked their statistics. Feedback probably contributed too, though, but since Priest and Warlock or whatever it was seems like it was really well received they decided to go ahead and do part 2 of the Lizardman DLC bonanza? This is all just educated guesswork on my part.

edit: And now it sounds like Lizardmen are pretty much done, right? Probably something they wanted to wrap up before moving on to WH3 because Lizardmen dont have much going on in central not-Asia?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah, there are a couple of named characters (Tetto'eko and Oxyotl; both of them available along with another Slann lord in Mixu's mod btw), a lord option (Skink Oracles, priests on steroids) and a mount type (Troglodons, a blind, sorta-serpentine carnosaur that oracles use as mounts) but that's it (maybe the Coatl? I mean, they did add the Saurian and that wasn't in the core book either). At this point I feel they're pretty done, any other addition is sorta irrelevant or super niche. I think there are some Lizardmen groups in the islands south of the Darklands (near where Kroq'gar starts in ME) but that's it, they're going to be filling a lot of holes once they get there.

They're up there with the dwarfs in terms of most complete roster (Bretonnia being the only one who has everything from their book).

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Resting Lich Face posted:

Aw hell yeah more non-vortex-competing factions for the vortex map.

Can't wait to crush a new and exciting variety of Empire.

Vortex mechanics suck poo poo so I'd love a patch to give other objectives to the original factions. :v: Not like I play with the vortex mechanics as is.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eimi posted:

Vortex mechanics suck poo poo so I'd love a patch to give other objectives to the original factions. :v: Not like I play with the vortex mechanics as is.
Yeah I'm glad they tried something different for game objectives but I cannot stand Vortex poo poo so I agree 100% on all counts. I'm hoping that they come up with something better for WH3.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Vortex mechanics are the number one reason I've not touched that map at all. What's the best mod or combo of mods to turn it all off?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Vortex mechanics are fine, but I'm pretty sure there is a mod that makes it so you need, like, 1 million vortex points to win so just get one of those if you want to paint the map.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Mordja posted:

Vortex mechanics are fine, but I'm pretty sure there is a mod that makes it so you need, like, 1 million vortex points to win so just get one of those if you want to paint the map.

the invasions should be invasions, not pop-up anywhere. especially annoying as elves

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I found a mod that supposedly deletes the pop-up armies, but I have no idea if it actually works yet:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1831463738

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I found a mod that supposedly deletes the pop-up armies, but I have no idea if it actually works yet:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1831463738

If that works, it will be perfect! Thanks.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
The new Empire regional units look cool as hell and have weird traits like you’d see things have in white dwarf articles for no immediately apparent reason like Aquatic halberdiers lol

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

People have pointed this out whenever the topic has come up in the past, but: If you don't like the Vortex mechanics and just want to map-paint nobody is really stopping you. Just don't do the rituals and proceed from there. If one of the antagonists reaches the final ritual the ensuing battle isn't really that hard and winning it knocks them out of the Vortex mechanic for the rest of your campaign.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Using the mods that make all the rituals super expensive makes for a very chill, low turn time experience.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

The new Empire regional units look cool as hell and have weird traits like you’d see things have in white dwarf articles for no immediately apparent reason like Aquatic halberdiers lol

Well, they ARE from Nordland after all :v:

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Enigma posted:

Zerkovich (shows off units for both Empire and Lizards):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuTarV6ftNE

I'm digging the Golden Order color scheme. And I wont read too much into it but he says "bar a couple of lords which I will show you in a couple of days", wonder if that means the Empire is getting Boris or other electors as a playable LLs.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Sasgrillo posted:

I'm digging the Golden Order color scheme. And I wont read too much into it but he says "bar a couple of lords which I will show you in a couple of days", wonder if that means the Empire is getting Boris or other electors as a playable LLs.

I hope so - but more likely is that he's just talking about the Slann with the lores of fire and life.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Dread Saurians look incredible, god drat. Giant murder fatties.

Nakai's animations are amazing, and holy poo poo he has a loving Perfect Vigor AURA? That's insane!

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Yeah as someone loyal to playing Kroq-Gar I feel like it's gonna be really hard for me not to want to play as Nakai.

Also the powerfirst Kroxigors look hilarious.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I plan to do an Empire campaign in the Vortex campagin and then enjoy Nakai loving things up in Mortal Empires.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They are doing a pretty good job with DLC for these games, They probably could of really nickle and dimed people and charged for individual units like 5$ for huntsmen 10$ for dread saurians and 20$ per faction leader and you'd of had people in the thread coming in defending it saying "It's just a fraction of the tabletop prices, what's the big deal"

So it's nice having some good value DLC for 10$ every few months spicing up new campaigns.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Killing three Empire armies in one turn with frequent ambush attacks as Beastmen was hilarious. Teuto-Drakwald Forest.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Yeah, it might be ironic with my username, but I really do feel that their DLC aren't a rip off like horse armour. The game was playable with decent amount of content from the get-go, every DLC introduced a good amount of content that wasn't just cosmetic or altering a few stats, as well as letting you come across the content even if you didn't have control of the new faction or whatever, as well as simultaneously having free content released at the same time.
When you put how much you paid all together, it's a decent amount, but for what you get it's hardly a rip-off.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Ardent Communist posted:

Yeah, it might be ironic with my username, but I really do feel that their DLC aren't a rip off like horse armour. The game was playable with decent amount of content from the get-go, every DLC introduced a good amount of content that wasn't just cosmetic or altering a few stats, as well as letting you come across the content even if you didn't have control of the new faction or whatever, as well as simultaneously having free content released at the same time.
When you put how much you paid all together, it's a decent amount, but for what you get it's hardly a rip-off.

As a guy who used to play actual Warhammer, 10 bucks would get you like 1 pewter model, maybe 2 if you were lucky. They sold some army boxes and they were like $260 bucks for 1000 points or so (standard size that most battles were fought at). So, I really don't mind paying for Total Warhammer, because I get to have infinite fun with models that run around and beat each other senseless, and I don't have to roll 45 dice when I charge a unit.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Ardent Communist posted:

Every DLC is like another 20 hours I put into the game with one new campaign, at the very least. The vampire coast was probably a little less because they were so drat good.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

How is CA ever going to release a game to rival WH2 lmdsao

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Decrepus posted:

Get this...Total Warhammer 3!!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Go on...

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

HAT CHAOS DWARVES

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they better have the hats.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

uber_stoat posted:

they better have the hats.

Let me tell you about hats.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dramicus posted:

is this a Dwarf with a fancy hat standing on mechanical legs?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yes, and this is a Dwarf with a fancy hat standing on a winged hell-bull.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Dwarfs are not supposed to use magic at all. Chaos dwarfs don't care. Their sorcerers turn to stone from the feet up the more magic they use: so they compensate by doing stuff like getting mechanical legs.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I've never actually done a campaign as HElves. Which one's the good one?

(This will probably be on the Vortex map)

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Krazyface posted:

I've never actually done a campaign as HElves. Which one's the good one?

(This will probably be on the Vortex map)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L99aZwGhFs

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

NewMars posted:

Dwarfs are not supposed to use magic at all. Chaos dwarfs don't care. Their sorcerers turn to stone from the feet up the more magic they use: so they compensate by doing stuff like getting mechanical legs.

I wonder how that would translate as a mechanic in total war, would they ignore putting that in or make it something such as spells slow or exhaust the caster during the fight and then they get better.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Dramicus posted:

loving hell that's a beautiful model

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I wonder how that would translate as a mechanic in total war, would they ignore putting that in or make it something such as spells slow or exhaust the caster during the fight and then they get better.

Every cast does HP damage to your caster, but also increases their physical resist. Ride the lightning.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Did they buff Skeggi in a recent patch? He is throwing out a pretty bullshit army on turn 3 against my push and his base seems waaaaaaay better defended than it was previously. Are you supposed to actually push up against the Skaven first now or something?

My normal approach was to move up there and crush them before turn 10 because they'd turn into a problem real quick if you didn't, but uuuh, that seems impossible now considering that was turn 3.

Crush the starting Skeggi army near you, turn around and go rock the Skaven, upgrade to some Saurus and then come and just crush them with a larger force of dinos?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I get the impression they get Moussilon-tier base income but without walls.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

So I loaded a turn back, went after the skaven, and when I had a 2nd leader up and was about to go investigate he came down with a full stack...of horsemen. I guess that problem solved itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Y'ever want to just build a loving wall across the northern coast of the empire to keep the goddamn vikings out?