Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
i had the fignuts sealab shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Dixville posted:

I shopped at hot topic as a young teen. Well, I mostly just went in and gawked at everything and left without buying anything. I would get gift cards for it at holidays and finally buy up something I wanted. I remember getting a pair of doc martins type shoes with removable spikes sticking out the sides. Got most of my clothes at ross and Marshall's and the thrift store because we didn't have much money. I think I stole underwear from hot topic once. I thought I was cool.

I bought my girlfriend in high school a thong from hot topic that had clasps on the sides so i could just unsnap them to take them off.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Hot Thotic

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

underthecube posted:

say what you will about hot topic but at least the embarrassing teens of my generation didnt stroll around in anime orgasm face shirts

have you considered that maybe the problem is that you think people you see at anime cons and 4chan trolls are an accurate representation of an entire generation of people

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

have you considered that maybe the problem is that you think people you see at anime cons and 4chan trolls are an accurate representation of an entire generation of people

the one pic that gets circulated with MLP o-face hoodie was taken at a fast food restaurant.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Sleeveless posted:

Hey he might be talking about the most average and representative dude ever, World's Strongest Man Martins Licis:

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
ive definitely seen one at a normal people mall but i do love the assertion that there are appropriate places to wear anime orgasms clothes

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dixville posted:

I shopped at hot topic as a young teen. Well, I mostly just went in and gawked at everything and left without buying anything. I would get gift cards for it at holidays and finally buy up something I wanted. I remember getting a pair of doc martins type shoes with removable spikes sticking out the sides. Got most of my clothes at ross and Marshall's and the thrift store because we didn't have much money. I think I stole underwear from hot topic once. I thought I was cool.

Stealing from Hot Topic has a certain "Steal This Book" thing about it that, frankly, I fully support.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Way back in the mid-90s you could get some good band and concert T-shirts there. They are still here in the cheaper, dying malls in So Cal. I just walked by one near a Buffalo WIld Wings with no people in, it, a book store with no bookcases and an empty Victoria's Secret the other day.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Literally A Person posted:

Stealing from Hot Topic has a certain "Steal This Book" thing about it that, frankly, I fully support.

The items are all hot anyway, might as well make it official.

e: nvm that's the joke, i'm dumb.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I don’t know if they still sell them but really who cares the stable sucks poo poo right now but five years ago they sold Bullet Club shirts

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

new phone who dis posted:

Way back in the mid-90s you could get some good band and concert T-shirts there.

When I was 14, I bought this Metallica shirt from HT. I thought I was hot poo poo :smuggo:

I got home from the mall, my dad saw it, took it from me and returned it to the store because it was 'inappropriate', and he said it would 'probably get me suspended from school'.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

LadyPictureShow posted:

When I was 14, I bought this Metallica shirt from HT. I thought I was hot poo poo :smuggo:

I got home from the mall, my dad saw it, took it from me and returned it to the store because it was 'inappropriate', and he said it would 'probably get me suspended from school'.

Skulls are extremely offensive? :confused:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

LadyPictureShow posted:

If it was from the "Load" album or anything after, he was right but just not in the way he thought.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

If it was from the "Load" album or anything after, he was right but just not in the way he thought.

He was probably like after, I’m gonna give your mom a “load” later and laughed at you

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Actually people get murdered in Wilmington nonstop

ah poo poo, I forgot about Wilmington

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
Sorry, we were all way passed that discussion. Sometimes I don't want to read the whole thread

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
When I was in college I was a turbo-goth and had a turbo-goth girlfriend, and one day she calls me up and tells me that the mall we always bang in has some goth store called 'Hot Topic' and it just makes her so loving mad because she's been importing poo poo from London, and shopping at the super-expensive specialty shop downtown, and making her own clothes for years and now anyone can just loving walk in there and buy the cool stuff right off the rack!? Like she was mad that her counterculture was being made widely available in a chain setting.
We broke up eventually, and a few years later I found myself living in a different city in a different state, needing a black longcoat for a party, but not actually having owned one for about 5 years. I was working overnights, and online stores weren't really very good yet, so it was kind of a pain in the rear end to drag myself out of bed a few hours early and drive down to the mall. Checked couple of other stores first, and then made way into Hot Topic for the first time. Found a girls' coat that fit me, bought a belt and a couple of wristbands, and chuckled at the thought that as far as my ex was concerned, this was perpetuating the dilution of an already fading party scene.
Eventually, I broke the belt in a knife-play accident, I lost one of the wristbands, and I got too fat for the coat, and threw it out like the trash it really was.

There's a dying mall a block away from my apartment, and I go to a Gamestop in there when I really need a charger or case or something and don't want to wait a couple of days for it. They have a Hot Topic in there, but I've never set foot inside, since I dress pretty normal now.

Obsidianheart fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 9, 2019

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Do it ironically posted:

He was probably like after, I’m gonna give your mom a “load” later and laughed at you

The cover of the "Load" album is literally blood and cum mixed together and splattered on glass.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Literally A Person posted:

Skulls are extremely offensive? :confused:

My parents staunchly policed what I tried to wear. My super cool South Park t-shirt was also taken away from me (cartoon violence oh no!)

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

dracky posted:

last time I went there was lots of steven universe and freddy faz bear, and funkopop like every other pop culture store in the mall. i did not purchase anything. hth

I have literally never seen you post before 😂

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

The cover of the "Load" album is literally blood and cum mixed together and splattered on glass.

That’s the joke /mcbain

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

i like to see alt people, people expressing themselves is cool

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Milo and POTUS posted:

i had the fignuts sealab shirt

Haha I always wanted to get the “trout” shirt from archer but I don’t know if it exists and I don’t have the tits to make it ironic enough anyways.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

TenementFunster posted:

i don’t know what is the more bizarre cultural relic: Invader Zim poo poo, or The Nightmare Before Christmas poo poo

The Night Before Christmas owns though, so the its enduring status as a cult hit is extremely cool and good.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
When I was in high school I use to go to Hot Topic for Beatles t-shirts. Which I know is extremely dorky, but then this sad post is here:

Obsidianheart posted:

When I was in college I was a turbo-goth and had a turbo-goth girlfriend, and one day she calls me up and tells me that the mall we always bang in has some goth store called 'Hot Topic' and it just makes her so loving mad because she's been importing poo poo from London, and shopping at the super-expensive specialty shop downtown, and making her own clothes for years and now anyone can just loving walk in there and buy the cool stuff right off the rack!? Like she was mad not that her counterculture was being made widely available in a chain setting.
We broke up eventually, and a few years later I found myself living in a different city in a different state, needing a black longcoat for a party, but not actually having owned one for about 5 years. I was working overnights, and online stores weren't really very good yet, so it was kind of a pain in the rear end to drag myself out of bed a few hours early and drive down to the mall. Checked couple of other stores first, and then made way into Hot Topic for the first time. Found a girls' coat that fit me, bought a belt and a couple of wristbands, and chuckled at the thought that as far as my ex was concerned, this was perpetuating the dilution of an already fading party scene.
Eventually, I broke the belt in a knife-play accident, I lost one of the wristbands, and I got too fat for the coat, and threw it out like the trash it really was.

There's a dying mall a block away from my apartment, and I go to a Gamestop in there when I really need a charger or case or something and don't want to wait a couple of days for it. They have a Hot Topic in there, but I've never set foot inside, since I dress pretty normal now.

There's a certain melacholy to this which I guess is fitting considering it's all about a gothic past.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 9, 2019

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I am the knife-play accident.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Also if you needed a cheap trenchcoat just go to a thrift store and buy that poo poo for like ten bucks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Flowers for QAnon posted:

*reading the rest of the post* I am jack's complete lack of surprise

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I am the newly acquired jellyrolls.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

When Jackass came out, they sold the T-shirts there, so I bought one to be cool and wore it to school. I was immediately sent to the principal's office, and then sent home.

My friend used to buy and read their metal magazines, she also ordered her clothes from Delia's, she was so cool.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven't set foot in a hot topic since the 90's but if I was a betting man I'd say it's probably full of 90% anime toys now. also probably some steven universe shirts or whatever autistic people are all about atm.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh yeah I bet theres a bunch of funko pops too

LadyPictureShow posted:

This shirt is interesting cause it's clearly a pushead drawing and pushead usually owns (at least at drawing the same skull 50000 times) but it somehow manages to be unbelievably lame with the sublime sun and horrendous placement of the metallica logo

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Sep 9, 2019

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

CPL593H posted:

Also if you needed a cheap trenchcoat just go to a thrift store and buy that poo poo for like ten bucks.

Uh it will probably have some naked perverts butt print in it, or worse!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I bought a choker there last year. It's cute. Very happy with my purchase. Thanks, Hot Topic! :tipshat:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Riot Bimbo posted:

I bought a choker there last year. It's cute. Very happy with my purchase. Thanks, Hot Topic! :tipshat:

Okay, I have to remember to add up your bonus points?

No one going for double bonus points? Let's see some pictures of atrocious Hot Topic stuff, dang it.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

i worked at a hot topic in highschool.

welp that's my story.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Due to climate change, it's now Underwater Topic

What happened to global warming?

There's a Hat Tapic in my tawn.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

My girlfriend found this on the Hot Topic website. (Now she owns it) Pretty cool, I must say, and not that Hot Topic-y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Good Sphere posted:

My girlfriend found this on the Hot Topic website. (Now she owns it) Pretty cool, I must say, and not that Hot Topic-y.

Disappointed it is missing the rancid logo and some studs.

Extra bonus points but I am going to reduce the extra to regular based on the item presented