Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Thats some Bloodborne bagman poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I had an hour at work so fired up the stream and put some more tries into SSI and in ten minutes he was dead. RIP short stream but also hooray I beat Sekiro!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The speedrun does something even weirder with the snake kill (dying in the middle of it by poisoning yourself) to skip the whole Gunfort section.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

So...what the gently caress just happened when I prayed in the Wedding Cave palanquin?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

new kind of cat posted:

So...what the gently caress just happened when I prayed in the Wedding Cave palanquin?

an enormous straw golem took you to the fountainhead palace

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

an enormous straw golem took you to the fountainhead palace

Dope.

That rematch with the Monk was most excellent.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
He’s made of Shimenawa apparently.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

saint isshin is too hard on ng+4 so I hate this game again. thank you for understanding

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

he just did a perilous attack a split second after I revived so I died again immediately :)

e: he also dodges every time I counter the lightning attack lol come the gently caress on

e: never mind it was easy

romanowski fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 30, 2019

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

romanowski posted:

saint isshin is too hard on ng+4 so I hate this game again. thank you for understanding

romanowski posted:

he just did a perilous attack a split second after I revived so I died again immediately :)

e: he also dodges every time I counter the lightning attack lol come the gently caress on

e: never mind it was easy

It's like a rollercoaster. :v:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

romanowski posted:

I too alternated a lot between "this is the worst game I've ever played" and "this is the greatest game I've ever played".

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
The first time I got the Wedding Cave I thought maybe that giant rope would lower so I could climb it.
Halfway right! It slamming down on you is hilarious though. I love that straw man.

Though speaking of hilarious, watching someone stream I saw for the first time what happens when you get Enfeebled.
I always killed the flute guys before the meter built up, so I just assumed it was Terror.
Neat that them eating vitality is actually a mechanic though.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Enfeebled is the best status effect fromsoft has ever made. If you manage to kill a noble as old man sekiro and suck your youth back it's a great feeling.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
You can attack when enfeebled?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

GodFish posted:

You can attack when enfeebled?

Yeah, he does this lovely old man swing with the sheathed sword. It doesn't actually deal any damage, just posture damage, but if you're not in high NG+ levels it's enough to get a deathblow on a noble with one hit.
There's a special animation for the deathblow that also cures your enfeebled status.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I was on vacation last week after getting to the Fountainhead Palace, and this week I beat the Fountainhead Palace minibosses, all the various headless and Shichimen, and just now Owl Father. I know the Divine Dragon isn’t too hard, but I decided to do everything else before him.

I beat the Okami Leader by throwing shuriken when she did her lightning attack instead of lightning redirects because I couldn’t keep myself from jumping way too early and landing just as the lightning hit me :saddowns:

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 1, 2019

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

The Okami leader can be defeated by just rushing her down - she's easily stunlocked and has only one life bar.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I killed her with the mid-air deathblow.
One of the few times I got that to work.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I beat Dragon, the red-eyed Ashina Elite, and the last Seven Spears guy. I think what’s left is the Red Guard guy, and then I have to find two more prayer beads out in the world. Then the Demon and last boss.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
You should practice your lightning reversals on Fountainhead Palace mooks, or did you get them down with the Divine Dragon

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Welp finally beat Genichiro at the top of the castle as well as the gunfort shrine Centipede. Centipede felt almost too easy after Genichiro. I also finally got another Dragon Blood Drop. I have a ridiculous number of people affected by dragon rot but I’m not sure if I should go ahead and cure it because I’m probably going to die a whole bunch again and haven’t really needed to talk to anyone who is afflicted. If I cure the Dragon rot can the same people become afflicted again?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Pulcinella posted:

Welp finally beat Genichiro at the top of the castle as well as the gunfort shrine Centipede. Centipede felt almost too easy after Genichiro. I also finally got another Dragon Blood Drop. I have a ridiculous number of people affected by dragon rot but I’m not sure if I should go ahead and cure it because I’m probably going to die a whole bunch again and haven’t really needed to talk to anyone who is afflicted. If I cure the Dragon rot can the same people become afflicted again?
They can, yeah. Unless you need/want to talk to someone to progress a quest there's really no need to use the droplet. They have another, better use.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
If you're planning on going through each branch until you hit a tough boss and then going to a different one, you'll probably be able to make a lot of progress on quests before you die enough to make it worth it.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I just beat the Demon of Hatred and got the last prayer bead in that nearby tower. I noticed that hole in the ceiling before and tried to climb it once or twice, but gave up and forgot about it.

So all that’s left before the final boss are a couple of treasure scales and maybe cleaning out some shopkeepers’ inventory even though I think I have everything I wanted. Like should I even bother with farming gold for money purses and sugars?

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 3, 2019

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

I just beat the Demon of Hatred and got the last prayer bead in that nearby tower. I noticed that hole in the ceiling before and tried to climb it once or twice, but gave up and forgot about it.

So all that’s left before the final boss are a couple of treasure scales and maybe cleaning out some shopkeepers’ inventory even though I think I have everything I wanted. Like should I even bother with farming gold for money purses and sugars?

You can get more gold in NG+ because minibosses drop bags. NG+ is also very fun with all the upgrades.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
According to the wiki, I’m missing 5 carp scales, and I only need one more to buy the divine grass that’s the only remaining thing in the carp noble’s stock. But I couldn’t find anything.

I made one attempt on the final boss before calling it a night and just got to Isshin’s first phase. The timing on his moves is really hard to read.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
So I got to the Fountainhead Palace, and got the last four pieces of lapis I needed for upgrades.
And I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to go to NG++ so decided to take the charm back and see how big of a difference it really makes.
And wow, that's really day and night.
But now I feel that I've not only cheated the game, but myself.
:negative:

WaltherFeng posted:

You can get more gold in NG+ because minibosses drop bags. NG+ is also very fun with all the upgrades.

I haven't even used any of the bags I've gotten, and yeah, swimming in gold.
I was disappointed with how early Sen Throw stopped scaling.
Still hilarious though.

Dr Christmas posted:

According to the wiki, I’m missing 5 carp scales, and I only need one more to buy the divine grass that’s the only remaining thing in the carp noble’s stock. But I couldn’t find anything.

If you haven't killed the big carp yet, the big caretaker guy will give you scales for feeding him the normal bait.
There's also the priest in Mibu.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

wyoming posted:

If you haven't killed the big carp yet, the big caretaker guy will give you scales for feeding him the normal bait.
There's also the priest in Mibu.

https://sekiroshadowsdietwice.wiki.fextralife.com/Treasure+Carp+Scale
It seems the wiki is wrong about there being 46. Looks like they counted some stuff with the carp attendant twice. If there are 42 and you need 40 to clear out the pot nobles' stock, then I'm actually just missing 3.

Edit: I thought I had scoured the Fountainhead lake bed, but I found the sunken building with my 3 missing scales.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 5, 2019

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
did they ever patch the exploit on demon of hatred? i used it twice and regret nothing

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Not as of a month ago when I used it.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Relin posted:

did they ever patch the exploit on demon of hatred? i used it twice and regret nothing

there are just some FromSoft bosses that I don't care for and will never fight the "legit" way, and DoH is one of them. another is Abhorrent Beast from Bloodborne, whom I will always beat by running around and throwing knives at until he dies from poison. "too slow to act in the heat of the hunt" my rear end

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

morallyobjected posted:

there are just some FromSoft bosses that I don't care for and will never fight the "legit" way, and DoH is one of them. another is Abhorrent Beast from Bloodborne, whom I will always beat by running around and throwing knives at until he dies from poison. "too slow to act in the heat of the hunt" my rear end
i found the defiled watch dog to be much harder. like 70+ tries, abhorrent beast i dont even remember stumbling over. but everyone's different

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I beat the game a few days ago and I’m well into New Game+. It’s a tough fight, but it’s fun to realize that he took fewer attempts than some earlier bosses before you got somewhat gud. Lady Butterfly and the Snake Eyes were awful for me.

I just need to rustle up 8 Fulminated Mercury and face the Demon of Hatred to get the materials to fully upgrade my tools. A bit more daunting is gathering 39 more skill points for that achievement. After that I’ll do a Shura game.

Besides all that and making sure I’ve gathered every memory, is there anything else I should be sure to do on my NG+ cycles?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
It was forever ago in this thread, but I remember someone mentioning that Guardian Ape felt more like a rejected Bloodborne boss than he did a Sekiro one, due to A: him being substantially more grisly than the others, and B: the fact that every other attack that builds Terror has a purple hue, whereas his scream is tinted red.

Anyways, I just got through the last chalice dungeon in Bloodborne, and you know, I think they may have been onto something.

Dr Christmas posted:

A bit more daunting is gathering 39 more skill points for that achievement.
IIRC, the general consensus of the "all skills" achievement is that it takes until NG +3 or +4, because of how the exp requirements scale. So, uh, you'll be at it a while, if you try to grind for it.

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
yo from software where’s my dlc I wanna fight tomoe already

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I didn't mind the Demon fight, not anywhere close to the best fight (Dad) but it wasn't frustrating.
And the lore, the heartbreaking lore! :cry:

That exploit is hilarious though, and bonus because it let's you explore that area that gets cut off.
Not that there's anything there, but still, neat.

Blaziken386 posted:

IIRC, the general consensus of the "all skills" achievement is that it takes until NG +3 or +4, because of how the exp requirements scale. So, uh, you'll be at it a while, if you try to grind for it.

Yeah, I pretty much only have SSI left in NG+ and need about 18 more levels to max out.
Also I see there's a skill from the Shura ending, so imagine I need that.

Contra Duck posted:

yo from software where’s my dlc I wanna fight tomoe already

Nah, Shura Orangutan.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Xtreme Xecution

I was honestly a bit afraid the repositioning from Shinobi execution might throw me off the edge.

I still died more to Genichiro and had zero problems with SSI second and third forms.
I think it's entirely the style, sure at this point Genichiro is at his weakest, however he's desperate, and willing to give everything, gently caress up even once and it's easy to die to him.
Isshin on the other hand, I believe he's having fun, he's not going easy on you, but it feels like more of a spar. Unless it's one of his big telegraphed attacks, it doesn't feel you get as punished for loving up.
I mean, he's still a daunting challenge, he's just not a dirty fighter. (well, except for maybe that gun)

I think that's why Isshin is my favourite character, at any point after you first defeat Genichiro, he could tell his men to not attack you, but he never would. Both because he's curious to see what you can do, but also he probably doesn't want any soldiers that couldn't stand up to a lone shinobi. (and sure, yeah, gameplay reasons) Also he's the most fun to get drunk.
Forget Owl, Isshin is dad now.

The Purification ending is sad, but those last sakura petals were neat. I love this game.
Now on to the Shura ending :black101:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Relin posted:

i found the defiled watch dog to be much harder. like 70+ tries, abhorrent beast i dont even remember stumbling over. but everyone's different

The Abhorrent Beast has narrow windows, hits hard, and can really sucker you with those expanding hit boxes on his attacks. I did get a pretty good video out of it, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P8HSxvwSkU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Congrats for beating the best game ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I killed the palace boss and went back to the castle... Oh cool, I'm locked out again. I suppose technically I can do some sort of shortcut from the top of the castle but I should go back to the start of the game to experience the full thing properly. I closed the game when I saw how tough those new attackers are. I'll get back to this ... at some point. Couldn't be arsed right now. IMHO this is the least-replayable From game so far, but yes it is good. Too much castle bullshit.