Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Parrotine posted:

I want Travis Touchdown in smash cause it would be funny and Leon Kennedy from Resi 4 so we get a good kirby hat out of it.

This has been my effort post for today, thanks for tuning in

Kirby with Leon’s hair would be the ultimate life form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Silent Hill rep confirmed

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ROFL Octopus posted:

Kirby with Leon’s hair would be the ultimate life form

What would Leon’s neutral b be? Broken butterfly?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

red9

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

With Level-5 trying to salvage the Yokai Watch franchise by moving it on to the PS4 I'm guessing we won't in fact be getting any reps from that series in Smash after all.

Actually Level-5 is really odd all together these days. They funded an entire Ni no Kuni movie that bombed in Japan for instance. I hope nothing drastic happens to them

Or Professor Layton.

Speaking of game companies that are treading water, whatever happened to Cooking Mama? Apparently the last game was in 2017, you'd think they would have plans to make a game for the Switch or something.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Extremely good.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zuzie posted:

Speaking of game companies that are treading water, whatever happened to Cooking Mama? Apparently the last game was in 2017, you'd think they would have plans to make a game for the Switch or something.

There's one coming up for Switch, Cooking Mama: Cookstar. it's not the constant stream of games it was in the Wii and DS games but that franchise is alive

i wish there was a good mii fighter outfit for her, you can make a pretty good cooking mama mii face

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Viewtiful Jew posted:

With Level-5 trying to salvage the Yokai Watch franchise by moving it on to the PS4 I'm guessing we won't in fact be getting any reps from that series in Smash after all.

Actually Level-5 is really odd all together these days. They funded an entire Ni no Kuni movie that bombed in Japan for instance. I hope nothing drastic happens to them

Or Professor Layton.

As a fan of the series I'm more concerned now with it getting canned forever than whether it can appear in Smash. Though even if it hadn't flamed out I doubt TPC would have been that into the idea of sharing space with it.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

yrrrry draggard

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Justin_Brett posted:

As a fan of the series I'm more concerned now with it getting canned forever than whether it can appear in Smash. Though even if it hadn't flamed out I doubt TPC would have been that into the idea of sharing space with it.

I know Fossil Fighters has a few spirits in Smash, but that's about the extent of that franchise in Smash, and I think that's the only non-Pokemon mon series in Smash. I mean not even SMT is referenced, and its spin-off is prominently featured as DLC.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

toad, but with the weird re4 midget instead

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
leon's up b is a tether, but it's just ashley pulling leon up higher in a QTE

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

SeANMcBAY posted:

Call forth the dog

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The penultimate lifeform

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the Busta Wolf Tree

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

We need York to investigate the blue tree.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Are there any guides you all would recommend for upping my game with the known best boy Kirby? I understand he isn't top tier or anything according to (wrong) people but I am just crushing my friends ok??

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Piranha Pants

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

KungFu Grip posted:

Piranha Pants

oh my god

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places beforehand. If not, then I'm shocked that Terry Bogard is the one to bring the only set of legs aside from Bayonetta that people want to attach to everyone.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
He's not even out till november and already Terry has proven to be more than a fantastic choice.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i used a neural network to figure out what the most likely characters to be added to smash brothers in the future could be, since computers are smarter than i am. i gave it a list of everyone in the game so far and all DLC characters

it gave me a very powerful list of contenders, and then some suggested reading???

quote:

Bobby (from Metroid)
The Bionic Commando (from Resident Evil)
Morty (from Metroid)
Morty & his ghost (from Metroid: Zero Mission)
Bubsy (from Tetris)
The Great Ape (from The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings II: The Return of the King, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers: Battle of the Five Armies)
Moe (from Banjo-Kazooie)
Mewtwo Black (from Super Smash Bros 2)
Anubis (from Egyptian Mythology)
Caveman (from Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins)
Mack "Killer M" McLain in "Back in Black" (from Back in Black )
Tomb Raider (from Tomb Raider)
Moe (from Minecraft)
The King of Red Lions (from Super Mario Galaxy)
The King of Red Lions (from Super Mario Bros.)
The King of Red Lions (from Super Mario 64)
The King of Red Lions (from Super Mario Galaxy)
The King of Red Lions (from Super Mario Super Luigi)
Luffy (from Naruto)

There are many more to come, but if you want to learn more about these, you can read The Best Pokémon in the World by Eiji Mizuno

im looking forward to future DLC

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 12, 2019

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sea Lily posted:

i used a neural network to figure out what the most likely characters to be added to smash brothers in the future could be, since computers are smarter than i am.

it gave me a very powerful list of contenders, and then some suggested reading???

Moe is too OP please nerf

no, the other Moe.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ramc posted:

Are there any guides you all would recommend for upping my game with the known best boy Kirby? I understand he isn't top tier or anything according to (wrong) people but I am just crushing my friends ok??
juggleboy has a competitive kirby intro vid

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

RareAcumen posted:

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places beforehand. If not, then I'm shocked that Terry Bogard is the one to bring the only set of legs aside from Bayonetta that people want to attach to everyone.

My dude, this quads are legendary. I think everyone wants to have those legs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sea Lily posted:

i used a neural network to figure out what the most likely characters to be added to smash brothers in the future could be, since computers are smarter than i am. i gave it a list of everyone in the game so far and all DLC characters

they should actually put a talking boat in as a playable character, this neural net is onto something

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I want to hear Xander try and say Mack "Killer M" McLain in "Back in Black" in the announcer voice.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

I'm really feeling it!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Gimme Octodad but only if they include an acceptably awkward method of controlling your fighter.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm really feeling it!

I stared at this for an embarassingly long time before I realized something was wrong.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Coxswain Balls posted:

Gimme Octodad but only if they include an acceptably awkward method of controlling your fighter.

QWOP guy for smash

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm really feeling it!

This honestly looks much better than Shulk’s default outfit

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Definitely early 2000s era Square Enix design, I dig it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

how'd you get all that in them jeans?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

TheKingofSprings posted:

This honestly looks much better than Shulk’s default outfit
Shulk's default outfit should be the swimwear.

Also swimwear options for all characters. Including K.Rool. And especially Dark Samus.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Strange Matter posted:

Also swimwear options for all characters. Including K.Rool. And especially Dark Samus.

But Dark Samus is already naked

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Strange Matter posted:

Ah, the DoA DLC pack

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

how'd you get all that in them jeans?

now that's a dad bod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Question about the Spirit Summoning system: I'm down to the last dozen or so Spirits that I need to complete the full board, but almost all of them are summonable ones. I have pretty much all of the ones I need, but I'm a bit of a completionist on this and don't want to sacrifice the ones where I've only managed to collect one for a summon. However, trying to spam the Spirit Board with reset items hasn't yielded many results.

If I do burn a Spirit for the Summon, does that increase the odds a "missing" Spirit will end up appearing on the Board or in the shops or whatever? Barring that, is there a better way to go hunting for particular Spirits, like in World of Light or anything?