Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

CrazyLoon posted:

Sir, this is a family friendly dystopian thread!

кибер Блядь!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
This behind the scenes look at the making of the E3 Cinematic trailer is pretty interesting for mocap and facial tests.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgFvZmfjTYc
And uh, some curious graffiti at 47 seconds in.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hogama posted:

Not sure what I'm looking for here.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Top left has a My Little Pony reference

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ah, yeah, I see it now. Cute!

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

So I guess that whole body gender customization stuff is still really... Binary.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
So the way I'm reading this is that there are two axes to character creation that you can choose independently:

* Voice: male or female voice actor
* Body type: two options determining genitalia

The third question is about pronouns or social gender if you will. The article make a bunch of assumptions without directly tying it to quotes so we'll see what male-female pronouns are dictated by: either one of the two above or as an independent choice.

Leaving aside the matter of whether they went about body type and genitalia the right way, it seems like an objectively good and cool thing that we have confirmation that you can choose voice independently of the rest of your character customization!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

They could just make it like saints row and let you go ham, since it literally would make sense in the setting

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Why are they even rendering genitalia this time around? :psyduck:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

ufarn posted:

So the way I'm reading this is that there are two axes to character creation that you can choose independently:

* Voice: male or female voice actor
* Body type: two options determining genitalia

The third question is about pronouns or social gender if you will. The article make a bunch of assumptions without directly tying it to quotes so we'll see what male-female pronouns are dictated by: either one of the two above or as an independent choice.

Leaving aside the matter of whether they went about body type and genitalia the right way, it seems like an objectively good and cool thing that we have confirmation that you can choose voice independently of the rest of your character customization!

youre pronouns are tied to your body type. if you present female the NPCs are going to call you she/her

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I mean this is pretty much re-stating what we already knew, no one ever suggested you could select body type and genitalia separately.

Bust Rodd posted:

youre pronouns are tied to your body type. if you present female the NPCs are going to call you she/her

Read the article, no one ever uses gendered pronouns for your character, they just call you "V".

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

itry posted:

It's very adult, you see, because humans have bodies which can be naked. :crossarms:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Kinda meh on the genitalia, but I want my bearded ladies dammit!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
huh, I guess replacing the voicelines with "V" is probably not too much work since it's the same length and number of syllables as He/She

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

WoodrowSkillson posted:

They could just make it like saints row and let you go ham, since it literally would make sense in the setting

To be honest I don't think they thought people would care that much about gender.

I personally couldnt believe people were up in arms about the whole thing, its obviously a hot fix to stop people moaning.

Its cool they are making the game more inclusive I imagine more devs will just have this option in the future to stop bad press.

In the same boat why not have different sounding voice actors for people that believe V should sound different

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Apparently the Saints Row 2 style customization of picking everything up to an including designing t-shirts ate up a ton of space.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I mean this is pretty much re-stating what we already knew, no one ever suggested you could select body type and genitalia separately.

Read the article, no one ever uses gendered pronouns for your character, they just call you "V".

That can't be right. I swear, I remember hearing pronouns in the game-play trailer.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Tormented posted:

That can't be right. I swear, I remember hearing pronouns in the game-play trailer.

:shrug: That's what this article said. There have been translation errors regarding this game in the past so it might be wrong. Or maybe they changed their minds since.

Bust Rodd posted:

huh, I guess replacing the voicelines with "V" is probably not too much work since it's the same length and number of syllables as He/She

It's probably a lot easier with the game being full first person. Everyone's talking TO you, not ABOUT you, so they won't often be in a situation where not saying he or she would be awkward.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I think they've talked about everyone referring to your character as V before any of the fuss about character creation was made, it was one of the first bits of information they released along with the fact that you wouldn't be playing a specific character like you did in the witcher.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Chalks posted:

I think they've talked about everyone referring to your character as V before any of the fuss about character creation was made, it was one of the first bits of information they released along with the fact that you wouldn't be playing a specific character like you did in the witcher.

Yeah, I would think pretty obviously that they'd use just V and avoid she or he as much as possible in the dialog anyway, it just makes recording audio much easier. In Mass Effect for example NPC's barely ever used he or she to refer to you, it was always Shepherd or Commander. I would be shocked if they have to re-record more than a handful of lines due to the gender controversy.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
give me the futa slider or give me death

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

If I can't have catgirl ears, big tiddy and a dick that would shame a horse I'm refunding this

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Hexenritter posted:

If I can't have catgirl ears, big tiddy and a dick that would shame a horse I'm refunding this

Just get it on PC and wait for mod support.

The Nexus will do the rest :smug:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

VoLaTiLe posted:

Just get it on PC and wait for mod support.

The Nexus will do the rest :smug:

Let us not forget the Slab

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Nexus for the restofus!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Tormented posted:

You did: other people have all sorts of genders. But in an effort to alleviate the writing and recording burden, the script was intentionally done to use little, if any, pronouns for the main character. They instead opted for the genderless "V," because it sounded better than "Pat."
:haw:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

itry posted:

Fidelitous. The curse of star citizen is spreading to other games

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

You did: other people have all sorts of genders. But in an effort to alleviate the writing and recording burden, the script was intentionally done to use little, if any, pronouns for the main character. They instead opted for the genderless "V," because it sounded better than "Pat."
:haw:

"Pat" means boob or teat in Danish, seems pretty problematic.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SplitSoul posted:

"Pat" means boob or teat in Danish, seems pretty problematic.

Anyone can have boobs if they're fat enough.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The player character should be called Jerri Blank, which is the proven superior gender neutral name.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Speaking of cyberpunk, NPR literally ran a segment yesterday on the outrage of the Forbes top 100 billionaires list having only one woman on it. It's practically the

REPUBLICANS: eight people should own everything and everyone else should be in prison.

DEMOCRATS: Hire! More! Women! Guards!

tweet.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Arglebargle III posted:

Speaking of cyberpunk, NPR literally ran a segment yesterday on the outrage of the Forbes top 100 billionaires list having only one woman on it. It's practically the

REPUBLICANS: eight people should own everything and everyone else should be in prison.

DEMOCRATS: Hire! More! Women! Guards!

tweet.

dont worry we'll do our best in-game to help her get there

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

As long as cybercocks and prostheticpussies aren't gender locked what does it matter?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Can I be a robot

Who does not have a gender, because they are a metallic abomination built to carry heavy weaponry

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

Yeah, being able to create a prosthetic shell would be neat. Plastic skin texture for cheaper models etc. A cyberbrain is the answer to all gender questions lol.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Tertius Oculum posted:

Yeah, being able to create a prosthetic shell would be neat. Plastic skin texture for cheaper models etc. A cyberbrain is the answer to all gender questions lol.

That's a quick route to cyberpsychosis. You need to be very, very mentally flexible to make use of full body prosthetics.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

Just shoot me full of Corporate's anticyberpsychotics.

the_enduser fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 13, 2019

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

They're called bullets actually

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Anyone can have boobs if they're fat enough.

*if they’re pat enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Hogama posted:

This behind the scenes look at the making of the E3 Cinematic trailer is pretty interesting for mocap and facial tests.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgFvZmfjTYc

I immediately focused on this and nothing else: