Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Oh man the Phantom Blot reveal at the end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also I kind of hope they give us a new version of the opening next season, this time updated to include Della, Lena and any other major reoccurring characters that have been introduced by now (at the very least put Della in there since she seems to be sticking around as a main cast member and all).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Applewhite posted:

I miss Disney Adventures. For a brief shining moment it was a great magazine.

Honestly I recollect it being pretty good for it's entire run, though yeah it was at it's best in the early to mid 90's, also it was interesting that while Disney stuff got the top billing(as appropriate) they gave a surprising amount of page space to articles on non Disney properties as well

Gann Jerrod posted:

a lot of people over on /co/ have been making jokes that since Phantom Blot's disguise as Funzo is voiced by the same VA as Goofy Movie era Max that Phantom Blot will in fact be Max, since we have Goofy in his Goof Troop design on the Season 3 poster but no Max

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It certainly helps that when you introduce a new character mid-stream you take time to integrate them into the cast, play them off existing characters, and give them a niche that isn't filled by someone else. This works when it's a planned story decision and it doesn't work when it's an executive one i.e. the fifth member of the A-Team no one remembers, Bubba from the 1987 show, that terribly-acted Jack Sparrow from Game of Thrones...

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Gann Jerrod posted:

Crap, that kinda answers some questions about why Magica was working at Funzo's Fun Zone, and how she acquired the experimental dream machine.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
This was series finale material, but the stinger at the end was good. Mark Evan Jackson does villain very well and it's almost unfortunate how typecast he'll get because of his role in The Good Place (though I just saw him also in a commercial for insurance or something).

With Donald back, we'll finally get the squabbling siblings that the Triplets weren't ever quite. Also Launchpad has a proper love interest and it's gonna go terribly.

Tale
Jul 31, 2013

Can we talk about how loving amazing the scoring is for this children's cartoon? There have been multiple moments, this season especially, where the music has really jumped out at me.
Anyway I pray that we get an OST or something eventually, I really really want that final battle remix of the moon theme.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I cannot believe how hard I laughed at the reveal that the culmination of the moon people's evil invasion plan was to make the Earth orbit around the moon

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
What a fun and sweet season finale. I liked it better than last year's. Season 2 in general has been a lot stronger than season 1.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Ducktales Season 3: New Moon Who Dis?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Totally stoked for Marc Evan Jackson being a bad guy next season.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I’m both disappointed and incredibly intrigued to see that Gandra Dee is a FOWL agent. Might need to go back and watch her episode again to see if there were any hints in there of her true employers. Nice seeing some Darkwing Duck villains among the roster too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also I hope this means we get a three-way throwdown at some point between Clan McDuck, FOWL, and Glomgold/Magica/Beaks/The Beagle Boys/et al.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Larryb posted:

Season 3 looks like it’s gonna be a lot of fun. I forget, has Steelbeak been on this show before and if so was he still voiced by Rob Paulsen?

He has not. Rob Paulsen was very identifiably in this episode though!

Man I love it on any show when a season finale involves a bunch of one off characters we thought we'd never see again showing up to help combat a huge threat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Larryb posted:

That was a good finale (and a unique way to bring Mickey in as was previously mentioned). Of note, “Mickey” was not voiced by Bret Iwan in this episode but rather the guy from the current shorts (who also plays DW and Storkules in the series itself).

Season 3 looks like it’s gonna be a lot of fun. I forget, has Steelbeak been on this show before and if so was he still voiced by Rob Paulsen?

I’m also very curious what they’re going to do with Gosalyn in order to make her unique from the current Webby.

My guess on Gosalyn is still that she's likely to have more in common with the triplets (especially Louie) than Webby, given her original personality iirc is an incorrigible prankster and general hellraiser. And as said, probably a hilariously bad influence on her.

Also guessing on Gandra Dee is the possibility that like her initial episode, she's working for whoever's willing to fund her and respects her expertise, since she doesn't have an independent source of funding otherwise and doesn't like the limitations and requirements that having an employer entails, especially since Gyro has felt the pressure to invent something that actually works. Presumably, FOWL is probably pretty hands-off as long as you come up with something sufficiently nefarious in time for the next plot

Was surprised that the other villains weren't involved fighting the invasion, but then remembered that in the very last episode they lost all their resources; presumably Waddle, the Iron Vulture and its contents and even the Beagles' junkyard all belong to Scrooge now. (also possibly a bunch of souls)

Still love how when Duckworth says he's going to prepare their places in the afterlife, Beakley notes it's not inspiring confidence that he went down.

Interesting that while they're a genuine threat, the Lunarians are also as amateurish and undisciplined as you'd expect from an army that's mostly random ordinary people riled up by propaganda and given armour and ray guns. And they even have a 'are we the baddies' moment towards the end.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Sep 13, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I liked the little cane pogo scrooge did at some point.
Sometimes this show does a really fresh take and sometimes it's just shamelessly pandering to nostalgia. It's really great!
I believe I actually like Ducktales more than gravity falls at this point.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Belated realisation on the MMO episode (doesn't help that for some reason I kept thinking it was Dewey playing it) that Huey is basically playing it like an Elder Scrolls game, taking advantage of poorly balanced non-combat mechanics to level up fastest, while Della has been out of the game for a decade (and probably not up to speed with the content and balance patches) and focuses on action-based content. Also, definitely proves that Huey has a temper to possibly rival Donald, just more specific triggers for it.

Also funny that upon seeing Donald and Della fight over who's more qualified to fly the spaceship, Scrooge is just happy that it's just like old times.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://twitter.com/FrankAngones/status/1172289297975656448

The fiend!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ghost Leviathan posted:

the Iron Vulture

Karnage took off with his treasure and the Vulture. (Along with the other villains.)

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I can't find the exact tweet where Agones talks about this but I'm so into the way they've tied a piece of the theme song into an overarching idea of a season.

Season 1: Might Solve a Mystery (speaks for itself)
Season 2: Or Rewrite History (Della's alive, now we have to acknowledge her faults instead of the idol we've created, lots of time travel, Lunaris hoping to overcome his father's fear/the idea that the moon is less than Earth)
Season 3: D-d-danger lurks behind you

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
The final season is just a victory lap of everyone going "Woo-oo!"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nerdman42 posted:

I can't find the exact tweet where Agones talks about this but I'm so into the way they've tied a piece of the theme song into an overarching idea of a season.

Season 1: Might Solve a Mystery (speaks for itself)
Season 2: Or Rewrite History (Della's alive, now we have to acknowledge her faults instead of the idol we've created, lots of time travel, Lunaris hoping to overcome his father's fear/the idea that the moon is less than Earth)
Season 3: D-d-danger lurks behind you

Season 4: There’s A Stranger Out To Find You

Season 5: Just grab on to some DuckTales

...Oh this is going some weird places that I don’t like :stonk:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

nine-gear crow posted:

Season 4: There’s A Stranger Out To Find You

And her name is Mom

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I shoulda predicted Launchpad asking out Penumbra, but I was going to joke that she was finally going to resolve her sexual tension with Della and the boys will have Earth Mom and Moon Mom.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I shoulda predicted Launchpad asking out Penumbra, but I was going to joke that she was finally going to resolve her sexual tension with Della and the boys will have Earth Mom and Moon Mom.

Sorry, this ain't She-ra

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Also, I was right that looking at how Donald and Della act around each other, Della is absolutely used to having a best friend whose relationship with her consists mostly of insults, complaints, and attempted murder.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Running out of ideas using the English lyrics, they start using the famous misheard Finnish lyrics, and the theme for season 4 will be "Your school's stupid, your school's baha"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pakled posted:

Running out of ideas using the English lyrics, they start using the famous misheard Finnish lyrics, and the theme for season 4 will be "Your school's stupid, your school's baha"

Nah you could probably get some mileage out of “There’s a stranger out to find you” at the very least. Speaking of the opening, I hope they update it next season to at least include Della.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pakled posted:

Webby going to school is going to end in hilarious disaster.

Good excuse to have Lena in the same class since despite her apparent age there's no legal proof she exists and the best they can do is prove she has the same educational level as her friends.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Larryb posted:

Nah you could probably get some mileage out of “There’s a stranger out to find you” at the very least. Speaking of the opening, I hope they update it next season to at least include Della.

It would not surprise me. They worked Gizmoduck and Magica into the Season 2 opening fairly seamlessly. I think now that Della’s back and is a main cast member she’ll be in the Season 3 opening now too. The slides of the villains at the end of the intro are probably going to from being Glomgold, Magica, Beaks and Ma Beagle to various FOWL members too. Especially now that Glomgold is being Overton Window’d into being a good-ish guy, or at least not the most evil bastard Clan McDuck has to deal with anymore.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Steelbeak better be voiced by Rob Paulsen again (and come to think of it you wouldn’t actually really have to change all that much about the character to make him work in this show).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 14, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Glomgold has been put in an interesting place given his scheming has gotten his company back, himself hailed as a hero for being instrumental in defeating the moon invasion and possibly grudging respect from Scrooge. He might make an effort to take advantage of the goodwill to compete with Scrooge again, and if he finds out about FOWL I imagine he'll either set out to join them, or if it can't join them, beat them.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I don't think Scrooge just saying that would legally get his company back, but I do think Scrooge would give him at least a chunk of it back for being the right flavor of crazy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Webby going to school is going to end in hilarious disaster.

Good excuse to have Lena in the same class since despite her apparent age there's no legal proof she exists and the best they can do is prove she has the same educational level as her friends.

Otoh, it's possible that Webby and Violet are just allowed to skip grades because they might be smart enough on paper. Lena's supposed to be 13 or something I think and I'm fairly sure that Beakley's made sure Webby kept up an advanced, if slightly distorted education.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Oh totally, Webby can probably match Huey in a lot of things.

Parent-teacher interview episode could be a laugh. Lena's options there might be limited. Comedy option would be Scrooge, especially since Lena was technically 'born' out of his conflict with Magica.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Oh totally, Webby can probably match Huey in a lot of things.

Parent-teacher interview episode could be a laugh. Lena's options there might be limited. Comedy option would be Scrooge, especially since Lena was technically 'born' out of his conflict with Magica.

Apparently Lena's been living with Violet's family since she returned. This was supposed to be mentioned in one of this last batch of episodes but got cut for time. So Violet's parents would probably play that role.

https://suspendersofdisbelief.tumblr.com/post/187616858221/is-lena-staying-with-the-family-at-the-manor-or

Pakled fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 14, 2019

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pakled posted:

The McDuck family fights a Taco Nazi.

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

Otoh, it's possible that Webby and Violet are just allowed to skip grades because they might be smart enough on paper. Lena's supposed to be 13 or something I think and I'm fairly sure that Beakley's made sure Webby kept up an advanced, if slightly distorted education.

I don't see what's distorted about what Webby knows. Knowing how to dispose of a body or use grappling hooks is pretty standard girl stuff.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Finale was great. Dialog was of inconsistent quality from scene to scene. Some of the action scenes could have been better. Bullet hell was tedious at first because I didn't hear/recognize the moon theme initially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

eatenmyeyes posted:

Finale was great. Dialog was of inconsistent quality from scene to scene. Some of the action scenes could have been better. Bullet hell was tedious at first because I didn't hear/recognize the moon theme initially.

I really want to hear that version of the moon theme without all the dialog/sound effects. But I haven't seen any sign of the show's music being posted anywhere, aside from the theme song.