Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

we need a leader willing to take action and cut through the bureaucratic red tape to replace that lightbulb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Roosevelt posted:

i haven't read a single word of this comic, but i've seen it and skimmed over it a lot. from what i can guess it must be about a bunch of strippers that live together in a shack. they hang around in pajamas all day and drink coffee. sometimes there are some skeevy dudes. meanwhile, in washington, something is happening

Yep. And one of the strippers is a robot and is running for president.

When this comic started it was basically a conservative cross between Doonesbury and Dilbert about people who work together at a tech company. Now it's about a man gone Galt with his harem thanks to a rich Sugar Daddy.

It's the normal webcomic trajectory into complete bullshit writ large.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

we need a leader willing to take action and cut through the bureaucratic red tape to replace that lightbulb.
As someone put it in the other thread:

Tindalos posted:

Unless the lightbulb undergoes a revolution, it's stuck there.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Horsey rushing to do his sharpiegate cartoon once he realized he could use it as an excuse to draw a bikini pawg

that's a mouth

did... did Trump finally lose Branco, or does Branco think The Wall would actually stop any terrorist savvy enough to get his hands on a nuke

Since it's both a thing Trump is against AND a thing Kids These Days do, Skelley is of course ardently anti-vaping

still too kind to Bolton

"again" :confused:

the kind of stonetoss I'm actually kind of thankful I don't understand

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loquacius posted:

I think it's panicking about the hypothetical eventual phase out of meat and the rise of things like insect-based proteins.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

That would make sense, my immediate reaction was that Trump using the FDA to ban something somehow resulted in Stonetoss making a pro-FDA cartoon but of course he would never do that

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

loquacius posted:

If I had to guess, it's trying to make fun of the proposals to decrease beef production.

It kinda just looks like a comic about food safety regulations getting slashed though, lol.

E: loving double beaten :argh:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

loquacius posted:

Not paying attention to politics means These People get free reign to replace your traditions with newfangled gross poo poo.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

loquacius posted:

So with the climate going to poo poo, many people are rightfully pointing out that eating mammal meat is one of the big factors. Remember the Amazon is on fire so they can make land to graze cattle.

Some have suggested that we should look at eating insect meat, because on the whole it's more ecologically sound since you can generate the meat with way less resources than even chickens.

However, according to Stonetoss, bugs are gross so it's better the world goes down in flames.

Efb

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Every single Stonetoss is about fascism. That's how you understand these comics. He is criticizing people who don't pay attention to politics and then are shocked and upset that their beloved tradition of cooking dead animal flesh got replaced without them knowing about it or fighting back against it -- with the implicit message that this is what will happen to everything else that they held traditional and dear, if they continue not paying attention to politics.

Thinking it's just about "Ew, bugs gross!" is being too charitable towards Stonetoss.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Every single Stonetoss is about fascism. That's how you understand these comics. He is criticizing people who don't pay attention to politics and then are shocked and upset that their beloved tradition of cooking dead animal flesh got replaced without them knowing about it or fighting back against it -- with the implicit message that this is what will happen to everything else that they held traditional and dear, if they continue not paying attention to politics.

Thinking it's just about "Ew, bugs gross!" is being too charitable towards Stonetoss.

Oh for sure, but I'd argue at the heart of Fascism is a sense of disgust of many things from humans to degenerate art and so on.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm also really disappointed that Branco made an inexplicable Wall cartoon instead of trying to fire back at Latuff

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

loquacius posted:

I'm also really disappointed that Branco made an inexplicable Wall cartoon instead of trying to fire back at Latuff

Branco is just flat out incoherent. He's never come within sniffing range of wit or cleverness but the past couple years his cartoons have been some of the absolute dumbest things I've ever suffered the displeasure of reading.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

foobardog posted:

Oh for sure, but I'd argue at the heart of Fascism is a sense of disgust of many things from humans to degenerate art and so on.

You're right about the sense of disgust. Here I think the first panel is extremely important. He's taking an ironic meme that's been going around and taking it to its "logical conclusion" in a fascistic framework. The cartoon could very easily be rendered as "I don't pay attention to politics, I just want to X" and the second panel Y being whatever other thing white nationalists find gross, not just bug burgers. X is go shopping, and Y is openly queer-presenting cashiers or clothing for fat people. X is turn their brains off and watch TV, and Y is Kaepernick kneeling or whatever new Disney children's show /pol/ is shrieking about now.

Disgust isn't the conclusion, it's the motivation behind the message of "Get involved in politics, or else!" towards the people who share the same reactions Stonetoss experiences towards the second panel.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Once again communists getting blamed for poo poo the republicans did.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

You're right about the sense of disgust. Here I think the first panel is extremely important. He's taking an ironic meme that's been going around and taking it to its "logical conclusion" in a fascistic framework. The cartoon could very easily be rendered as "I don't pay attention to politics, I just want to X" and the second panel Y being whatever other thing white nationalists find gross, not just bug burgers. X is go shopping, and Y is openly queer-presenting cashiers or clothing for fat people. X is turn their brains off and watch TV, and Y is Kaepernick kneeling or whatever new Disney children's show /pol/ is shrieking about now.

Disgust isn't the conclusion, it's the motivation behind the message of "Get involved in politics, or else!" towards the people who share the same reactions Stonetoss experiences towards the second panel.

:hai:

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

The only thing I know about sarsour is that the right thinks she's bad.

I'm not aware of any power or notability she has outside that

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

ikanreed posted:

The only thing I know about sarsour is that the right thinks she's bad.

I'm not aware of any power or notability she has outside that

Things like this make me think of the Malcolm X quote: "If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."

I see it happen every loving day now.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Wikipedia posted:

Linda Sarsour (born 1980)[1] is an American political activist. She was co-chair of the 2017 Women's March, the 2017 Day Without a Woman, and the 2019 Women's March. She is also a former executive director of the Arab American Association of New York. She and her Women's March co-chairs were profiled in Time magazine's "100 Most Influential People" in 2017. Sarsour is a Muslim of Palestinian descent.

Like this apparently comes down to "Muslim woman scary and bad as is Jewish man". There's nothing actually suggesting they are wrong, just the juxtaposition of two people you should hate because Fox News said to.

E: this is probably the main reason Republicans hate her: "was the lead plaintiff in a suit challenging the legality of the Trump travel ban."

E2: Yep, I'm not going to rewrite the Wikipedia page, but really just comes down she complained about anti-muslim bullshit and Israel so she's a terrorist who wants to enforce Sharia law. Seems overall a good person probably, and she already has ties to Sanders from 2016.

foobardog has issued a correction as of 23:33 on Sep 13, 2019

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

It's like that picture of the fox news host eating a steak with plastic straws embedded in it. It's so esoteric only dumbfuck idiots who are trapped in a hell of their own making can parse it.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I think this one is from a few months ago but someone made the above edit and Branco retweeted it

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

foobardog posted:

So with the climate going to poo poo, many people are rightfully pointing out that eating mammal meat is one of the big factors. Remember the Amazon is on fire so they can make land to graze cattle.

Some have suggested that we should look at eating insect meat, because on the whole it's more ecologically sound since you can generate the meat with way less resources than even chickens.

However, according to Stonetoss, bugs are gross so it's better the world goes down in flames.

Efb

Hell, we could even use insect protein from maggots to replace soybean and corn in animal feed since we know how to breed them now. We could create a pipeline straight from food waste to food production by using insects and make everything a million times more efficient.

But these people are scared of creepy crawlies.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I would rather not eat maggots myself tbh

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I think this one is from a few months ago but someone made the above edit and Branco retweeted it

Sarsour only endorsed Bernie recently but it's entirely possible she said something nice about him a few months ago and Branco was mad enough to make the cartoon just from that

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Anybody Zionists hate is good. And before you say, "what about Nazis?" Buddy, Zionists love Nazis.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Darrin Bell is good but he goes back to the "little words spelling out big words" well a little too often

Telnaes did some debate sketches and the absence of Maddow helped her keep the succ impulses at bay

that yang caricature is, yeesh. It's esp weird because caricature is her strength

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

INCISIVE COMMENTARY etc etc etc he HAS to know people are making fun of him for this by now

dril_wise_man_tweet.txt

he's not plucking his nose hairs tho :confused:

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

loquacius posted:

he's not plucking his nose hairs tho :confused:

gently caress a Mallard Fillmore I completely agree with.

And in a more capable artist I'd say the fact he's not actually plucking his nose hairs is a joke about the failures of AI, but I doubt Tinsley too much.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Southwest's slogan is "you are free to move about the country" because they're an airline you loving IDIOT

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Yang caricatures really do reveal just how few east Asian politicians there are in america. Every single one seems to either be just awful or straight out of 1940s racist.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Peanut President posted:

Southwest's slogan is "you are free to move about the country" because they're an airline you loving IDIOT

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

foobardog posted:

gently caress a Mallard Fillmore I completely agree with.

And in a more capable artist I'd say the fact he's not actually plucking his nose hairs is a joke about the failures of AI, but I doubt Tinsley too much.

He was plucking his nose hairs while he drew it. Some real fourth wall poo poo.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

hmm I wonder if he’ll get in trouble for this one

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Good Booker, you look kinda cool!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

took me a minute to realize this was a trans joke mainly because it makes no sense in the context of doing sports for social rather than competitive reasons

taking credit for bidens bloody eye seems like a step down from just acknowledging that it happened on its own

chris muir ladies and gentleman the man breaking new ground in puns that are simultaneously antiquated and disgusting

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I wonder how much he got paid by Black Rifle Coffee Company for that little insert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I guess the GOP is in full-on gun-grabber-hysteria mode to rile up their base, but they know Beto and Booker are no-hopers so they put out a memo to just associate the idea with Generic Donkey instead

Also, Tinsley