Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Your Computer posted:

hey is anyone else incredibly excited to play link's awakening? :dogcited:

Yeah, it's been a while since I last played a good Zelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Your Computer posted:

hey is anyone else incredibly excited to play link's awakening? :dogcited:

I already played an excellent remake of it back in 1998, so I look forward to playing a better version of this one in around 2024.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The music slaps in new Link's Awakening, holy moly.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Just bought Link's Awakening using one of the Nintendo vouchers, now waiting for it to download at work.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

My Link's Awakening amiibo is arriving tomorrow. He is gonna be my lil pal and I will love him.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
There was some mumblings about the LA remake running weird, and I really hope it's been ironed out for release because LA is my absolute favorite game of all time :ohdear:

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
The new version of LA looks absolutely adorable and the fact that it's a smoother experience in terms of not being a screen flipper or constantly harassing you about the rocks and stuff is really appealing but I just can't justify full price for it when I still have a GBC cart that is basically the same game

Looking forward to playing the eventual Nintendo Selects version tho!

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
I thought the game came out tomorrow??? How is everyone downloading it now?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i said gently caress it and pulled the trigger on LA. My first Zelda game! Gonna be fun. Tips?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

VladimirLeninpest posted:

I thought the game came out tomorrow??? How is everyone downloading it now?

Preloading dawg

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

an owls casket posted:

I'll stan for Membrane, which is a puzzle platformer with a weird aesthetic. You have to traverse single-screen rooms by shooting blocks to form bridges or ramps to get around the various hazards in each level. The physics work pretty well, the puzzles are well thought out, and there's the occasional difficulty spike, but it's never anything insurmountable. It goes on sale pretty regularly, but I think it's worth it at full price.

I bought this on sale for pennies using coins and it's definitely been worth it for that.

I have a lot of weird and/or lovely little indie games that way lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kvlt! posted:

i said gently caress it and pulled the trigger on LA. My first Zelda game! Gonna be fun. Tips?

Zelda is the girl
Link is the boy

Also Zelda isn't actually in this Zelda game (spoilers I guess)

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Kvlt! posted:

Don't steal from the shopkeeper

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Nah gently caress that, steal everything from everyone.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Spanish Manlove posted:

Zelda is the girl
Link is the boy

Could you make it more obvious

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Kvlt! posted:

Don't kill the chickens

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kvlt! posted:

Steal from the shopkeeper.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Flint_Paper posted:

Don't kill the chickens

It is a right of passage, you must swing at the cuccos until something happens.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Don't steal from the shopkeeper

Disagree, stealing from the shopkeep in LA is a rite of passage.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

It's absolutely critical that you find the Bucket Mouse as early as possible.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Preloading dawg

Yah i guess that makes sense.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The hell is a bucket mouse?

Anyways, lets be decent and at least give warnings that stealing has repercussions. Permanent repercussions that will never escape you.

Both in real life and in game.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Kvlt! posted:

Due to this being a Gameboy game at heart it's super super straightforward. If you ever get lost there's a phonebooth in the centre of the village for tips. Oh also

:shopkeeper:
Make sure you pay for things in the shop

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
When you get to a certain point in the game, choose the ak-47 over the m16

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You don't need tips for a god drat Zelda game!!!!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Don't hold Marins hand on the first date or else you'll get the bad ending to that story arc. Also make sure that Talim eats breakfast before his first mission

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pro tip: The framerate issues are due to memory management problems. If you install the game to internal memory rather than SD card it will perform significantly better because the internal memory is faster. GameXplain has a tech analysis video from a graphics developer who pretty much lays out why it's occurring.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
nintendo gonna bankrupt my Gamer rear end

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Feed Talim ONLY healthy fish, else you have to watch a heartbreaking scene in which Link attempts suicide by throwing himself off a cliff into the sea

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I'm really shocked how many rave reviews Link's awakening is getting, I thought for sure due to the small scale and overall vibe of it it would be one of those 8/10 games.

Switch has too many good games, too many!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Another good tip is to never trust your penpal when she say's she's a super hot blonde

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Pro tip: The framerate issues are due to memory management problems. If you install the game to internal memory rather than SD card it will perform significantly better because the internal memory is faster. GameXplain has a tech analysis video from a graphics developer who pretty much lays out why it's occurring.

So people who get the cart are hosed until a patch?

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Kvlt! posted:

Enjoy! And then play Link to the Past on the SNES app immediately afterwards; and then play (at least a little bit of) the original LoZ on the NES app after that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Detective No. 27 posted:

So people who get the cart are hosed until a patch?

I don't know, they didn't test on cart because review copies are digital. Depends on read and bus speed

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kvlt! posted:

Wow! This looks
pretty heavy!
You won't be
able to lift it
with just your
bare hands...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I don't know, they didn't test on cart because review copies are digital. Depends on read and bus speed

But I won't be playing it on a bus, I'm gonna be playing it at home.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Detective No. 27 posted:

But I won't be playing it on a bus, I'm gonna be playing it at home.

Is your home also a bus?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Feed Talim ONLY healthy fish, else you have to watch a heartbreaking scene in which Link attempts suicide by throwing himself off a cliff into the sea

What about feeding after midnight? :ohdear:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Regy Rusty posted:

You don't need tips for a god drat Zelda game!!!!

If you wanna get all the Shells you might actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

is link's awakening even worth playing without the select glitch?