Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

BigglesSWE posted:

Gleep Glossary is so good. It’s now my favorite Patreon reward by far.

Yeah I binged the first 6 during work today and it was wonderful. The Nexus is okay but I actually read a bunch of those EU SW novels as a teen so it's bang on for my humour and knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I'm still giggling over Jizz Julliard.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
WHM is great, the bonuses are all worth it, but if tomorrow you told me all we'd get is Gleep Glossary I'd say 'yea fair'. It's so great to hear that perfect blend of 'Star Wars is so stupid' and 'Star Wars is great'

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
They drank Greedo!!!!

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
PLOTHOLE TRUCKERS

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I am completely sold on Vice Dog.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
What's the exchange rate on "times read Sphere the novel" to "times viewed Sphere the film"? If it's at all decent then I probably qualify for a Sphere Boys denim jacket.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

kalensc posted:

What's the exchange rate on "times read Sphere the novel" to "times viewed Sphere the film"? If it's at all decent then I probably qualify for a Sphere Boys denim jacket.

I listened to the audio book book on tape once

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Iron Crowned posted:

I listened to the audio book book on tape once

:hfive:

S
F
E
E
R

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I've seen Sphere a lot, I feel like we rented it many times when I was a kid.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Sphere is one of those movies that seemed to run at least once a month on cable on weekend afternoons. I thought it was fine as a kid but even then I realized that most of it didn't make a lick of sense.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

A sweet callback to Mortal Kombat nudalities and knocking CinemaSins? What an episode!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I appreciate their hatred of CinemaSins.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I also had a taped off the radio copy of "Star Wars Cantina" from Z100.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GoutPatrol posted:

I also had a taped off the radio copy of "Star Wars Cantina" from Z100.

:same: but 99.9 FM KISW

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Cinemasins is actually quite fun in the sense that you get a runthrough of bad movies you’d never watch anyway. All I know of the Transformers films are through them.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

Cinemasins is actually quite fun in the sense that you get a runthrough of bad movies you’d never watch anyway. All I know of the Transformers films are through them.

Yeah but you don't need someone doing incredibly granular nitpicks (some of which aren't even accurate, true, or sensical) to know those movies are bad.

That said, the "what's the damage?" videos they do are at least interesting especially when applied to comedies.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

They’re also extremely soft skinned babies who sic their legions is teenage fans screaming “lol it’s just satiiiireeee” at anyone who points out how hack and lazy it is. Oh and also they don’t understand the meaning of satire.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

BigglesSWE posted:

It was back when the videos were 5 minutes long. Now that they're so long, it's like reading an unedited IMDB goofs page.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I've just learned over the years that I can't stand any other podcasts that make fun of bad movies.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

Having Mark Wahlburg explain the plot of the Transformer films while repeatedly stabbing me would be more tolerable that enduring Cinemasins' "jokes".

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Shaun on YouTube has some great videos on everything wrong with CinemaSins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qxgkOIsHUs

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

weekly font posted:

They’re also extremely soft skinned babies who sic their legions is teenage fans screaming “lol it’s just satiiiireeee” at anyone who points out how hack and lazy it is. Oh and also they don’t understand the meaning of satire.

I've never seen this, but I have seen the rabiatic, fierce anger that the Internet at large (and other youtubers in particular) send their way.

To me it's a bit juvenile, kind of like the Bieber or Fortnite hateboner that memeculture has, but if you don't like it I totally get it. As I implied, I mostly use their videos to get an idea of what bad movies are about, out of morbid curiosity (without having to pay or spend hours of time actually watching them).

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
CinemaSins is garbage. Here's another long breakdown video about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELEAsGoP-5I

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

It’s almost like CinemaSins is the joker of funny movie reviews!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Arson Daily posted:

It’s almost like CinemaSins is the joker of funny movie reviews!

I really hope they bring Griffin on again soon, or maybe bring on David or "The Benducer". All the Blank Check guys are great.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Pops Mgee posted:

I really hope they bring Griffin on again soon, or maybe bring on David or "The Benducer". All the Blank Check guys are great.

I jumped right into the Tim Burton series after they wrapped up their prequel episodes. I love how Ben gets progressively angrier towards the back half of his catalogue.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Whenever Griffin goes “ding doooooong” I get ‘nam flashbacks because that poo poo is horrendous.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Blank Check has the best ads outside of mbmbam because Griffin goes all in on his stupid bits. "Terence Stamps Dot Com" is so goddamn stupid but I love it.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

BigglesSWE posted:

Whenever Griffin goes “ding doooooong” I get ‘nam flashbacks because that poo poo is horrendous.

"Go get your shinebox"
"Seriously, go get your shinebox"

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

The reactions from Griffin and Ben any time David references growing up in England never gets old to me.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Joe the Strummer posted:

The reactions from Griffin and Ben any time David references growing up in England never gets old to me.

He did WHAAAAAAT???

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

One thing I’ve noticed is that I very rarely find myself losing patience with the WHM guys; their sense of what’s funny and how long something is funny seems to overlap perfectly with my own feelings about such things.

Then we have Griffin in Blank Check who had literally, and I mean LITERALLY, caused me to yell “SHUT THE gently caress UUUUP” as he keeps on going on a tired, unfunny “joke” that he refuses to let go.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This is late but those kids spoiler bombing theater lines with endgame plotpoints were doing the lords work

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

BigglesSWE posted:

Blank Check is one of my favorite podcasts, I love it maybe more than WHM (but not more than Nexus or Gleep Glossary) but the loving ads are a literal hate crime. Griffin should literally be prosecuted by a literal district attorney for what he’s done.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 20, 2019

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BigglesSWE posted:

I've never seen this, but I have seen the rabiatic, fierce anger that the Internet at large (and other youtubers in particular) send their way.

To me it's a bit juvenile, kind of like the Bieber or Fortnite hateboner that memeculture has, but if you don't like it I totally get it. As I implied, I mostly use their videos to get an idea of what bad movies are about, out of morbid curiosity (without having to pay or spend hours of time actually watching them).

I just don't understand why Cinema Sins is abhorrent but fuckin' Honest Trailers gets feted by the movie elite, because it's basically the same garbage.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I just don't understand why Cinema Sins is abhorrent but fuckin' Honest Trailers gets feted by the movie elite, because it's basically the same garbage.

Because at least Honest Trailers videos are only as long as the trailer and they do other jokes rather than simply monotoning the movies' goofs.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Also if you cried at any superhero movies as an adult you should be forced into the custody of the state

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

AceOfFlames posted:

Because at least Honest Trailers videos are only as long as the trailer and they do other jokes rather than simply monotoning the movies' goofs.

Yeah but I think the guy behind it is a sex pest, so it kinda evens out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Honest trailers is still around? Holy poo poo that’s crazy.