Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Some things you did annoyed me at times over the last couple years, especially as a non prolific semi-lurker but jesus christ this place attracts some goddamn next-level crazy people, gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FactsAreUseless posted:

A ton of mods and admins got PMs like that, all from the same long-since-permabanned poster. Aw hell, I'll say it: gunky junket. I doubt she sends PMs after searching her name anymore.
1) if it turns out she does please share
2) why are you bread?

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
our crazy people really are of top quality, blessed both with florid psychosis and above-average written communication skills

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

A ton of mods and admins got PMs like that, all from the same long-since-permabanned poster. Aw hell, I'll say it: gunky junket. I doubt she sends PMs after searching her name anymore.

I think I had the pics a few computers ago but it was some insane poo poo. She send me dozens of these multi-page screeds with photoshops and poo poo. It was a weird time.

GJ was perhaps the most insane poster I've ever seen post. She PMed a lot of randos including myself when she wanted to understand BYOB and I think she serves as a great example of posters rallying weird fanbases around posters that are psychotic and bad for the fora.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dannywilson posted:

Some things you did annoyed me at times over the last couple years, especially as a non prolific semi-lurker but jesus christ this place attracts some goddamn next-level crazy people, gently caress.

I had someone send me like ten PMs detailing the process of slicing open his knees with a razor blade and telling me how the blood made gurgling sounds when he was moving. I don't remember why he decided to send me that stuff, but I think it was something really innocuous like I happened to post immediately after him at 4am so he knew I was awake or something.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ELO Musk posted:

GJ was perhaps the most insane poster I've ever seen post. She PMed a lot of randos including myself when she wanted to understand BYOB and I think she serves as a great example of posters rallying weird fanbases around posters that are psychotic and bad for the fora.

Even kyoon or caro?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Junket is basically vanilla pudding, right? Urgh, what a sick-making username.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Even kyoon or caro?

Definitely.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Andro posted:

Texas cheesesteak melt, with extra crispy hash browns (gotta ask for that), and a waffle for dessert is the best menu at Waffle House. Texas Angus patty melt is good, too.

Anthony Bourdain taught me that.

zoux posted:

And in what state did you have these supposedly Texan delicacies

CannonFodder posted:

The state of inebriation

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Sagebrush posted:

someone other than me find the post where the gang of furries complain that they were thrown out of the hotel for getting drunk and walking up and down the lobby in poo poo-filled diapers

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ok

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
That's not funny, that's just common sense.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Everything is a sewer if you're brave enough

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

I see a poster; the bravery I do not yet see.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

TerryLennox posted:

The ruins of a smoking lab, two out of four walls are gone and the ceiling has a healthy hole in it. There is a black smear in the shape of a person. Prof. Klapotke is holding a standing body like Captain America's shield. The body is intact from the back but the front is a bleached skeleton. The rest of the graduates are screaming and calling for HAZMAT and the EMTs.

"Ja, clever frau...exploding when Hans talked about loading the sample using a robot into the mass spectrometer. But I'm Klapotke and I'm analyzing the scheisse out of you, hexaazaisofluoronitrocubane."

rndmnmbr posted:

There is... well, was, briefly, a compound containing a single carbon, a whopping thirty-seven nitrogens, and a single fluorine "just for fun." The elder scientist had high hopes for the compound. He watched with rigid intensity as Grad Student #3357 carefully loaded the crystal into the mass spectrometer, then seemingly relaxed as the machine switched on.

If you were fast enough, you might catch the ghost of a smile as the NMR tube spiderwebbed. Maybe a quiet "Finally" as the sides of the machine started to burst.

The noise went on a surprisingly long time.

But eventually, as the echoes fade enough to hear the gentle clatter of debris landing in the crater where the building used to stand, a pile of rubble shifted, and a soot-stained figure stood with a grim look on it's face. Still damned and cursed by the laughing gods, by Wotan Glad-'O-War and Loki Lie-bringer. A thousand careful years to bring science to this point, and still he could not die.

And then a sigh, as Dr. Klapotke extracted himself from the wreckage and began planning how to get a thirty-eighth nitrogen into the compound.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Verranicus posted:

How is this not pandering?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Snooze Cruise posted:

stop pandering to the dumb stupid idiot crowd with your posts bitch

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Kapotke sighed as he unleashed his quark.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lilljonas posted:

Postnord is the devil. This is from back in 2017, where a package of mine got stuck for half a month in Malmö:

I can just imagine the PostNord employee who, for ten days, went up to the package and said "yup, still sitting there, on it's way", logged its status, and then buggered off again.

Calculating based on the distance covered, the packaged moved at an average speed of 0.0215 km/hour. Which is, amazingly enough TWICE THE SPEED OF AN ACTUAL SNAIL.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Intel&Sebastian posted:

*Elon and a lawyer tumbling around his office as they grapple for control of the send button on a quote-tweet about teslas being pussy magnets*

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

terminal chillness posted:

My hill: every american high school should have a home ec type class and as part of the curriculum they should get a copy of The Joy of Cooking and it should be a requirement to graduate.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Good call, that book is really thick and might help stop a bullet

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Paladinus posted:

^^^ Oh, youtube keeps recommending me this video.

DoombatINC posted:

Barnacle Gym

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i can lock the door to my office

i won't ever do it, though

TimWinter posted:

Well yeah, you don't want to get locked in to the janitor closet

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Tabarnacle Gym

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bobby Digital posted:

Tabarnacle Gym

Now we're talking!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Busmilk shouldn't be that colour.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
On hats:

pentyne posted:

Fedora culture is one of the weirdest bastardizations of a bygone era clothing trend. Fedoras, Trillbies, newsies cap, all of them had a certain standard.

You don't wear a hat in doors. You take it off when inside a building, you put it on when you exit a building.

EL BROMANCE posted:

There’s no way these dummies are going to buy something they can only wear twice a year.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mikl posted:

On hats:

I learned that was the rule with all hats is. You don't wear a hat indoors, period.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RFC2324 posted:

I learned that was the rule with all hats is. You don't wear a hat indoors, period.

You can wear a bonnet indoors. Really any ladies hat.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Facebook Aunt posted:

You can wear a bonnet indoors. Really any ladies hat.

That's what I keep saying.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

you cannot wear any lady's hat, please only wear hats that you yourself own, or that have been lent to you

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Who the hell elected you Hatmaster, Doc? You gonna call the hatpolice? Turn on the Hatsignal and call Hatman to stop my heinous hatsnatching?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

please, i am a hat doctor, this is medical advice

please don't do this

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I wear my hat indoors at work but I argue that A) the guard shack doesn't qualify as a proper building, and B) I work graveyard shift and am therefore alone, with no one to offend with my hat-wearing.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Doc Hawkins posted:

please, i am a hat doctor, this is medical advice

please don't do this

Haberdashing, you say? But I'm not even moving!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
It's called a cover not a hat.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I wear my hat indoors at work but I argue that A) the guard shack doesn't qualify as a proper building, and B) I work graveyard shift and am therefore alone, with no one to offend with my hat-wearing.

if you give a gently caress about the wearing of hats indoors you are just as much of a loser as the trilby wearer

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Elfgames posted:

if you give a gently caress about the wearing of other people's hats indoors you are just as much of a loser as the trilby wearer

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The point of not wearing a hat indoor is that it is disrespectful to the building.

No one respects a guard shack

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Eschenique posted:

Unpasteurized milk is like lead utensils. Just because there were still humans left afterwards doesn't mean it was good by any means. Back in ye olden days people had to take any calories they could get to have the strength to not die before 40 or whatever and so milk served the purpose. As did bark bread, Thames water and British cuisine. But we have advanced to a point where you don't have to pay with a slice of your lifespan for every meal you eat to live through the day.

baka kaba posted:

Pasteur's wager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I wanted to share this quote for the excellent image.

Sagebrush posted:

reminds me of the idiot motorcyclist old wives' tale that if you crash while wearing a helmet, it will catch on the ground and snap your neck, whereas if you have a bare head your scalp slides around on your skull like an apple in a sock and prevents your brain from getting damaged

But also

Sagebrush posted:

if your scalp slides around your skull like an apple in a sock

flakeloaf posted:

that's.... amore?