Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[ T O J A L P O S T I N G   I N T E N S I F I E S ]

E: Taxxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Serious question how has Todd 'I don't think that we've hit all of those details once' Parpy not been fired a dozen times over?

Keep in mind, Star Citizen in it's current state has delivered more enjoyment than many AAA games. I got my $0 worth.

You can take the Goon stance and point out that he is spreading FUD directly to backers on their own show, or the CR stance that he can't even get a lovely tier zero delivered. I have to conclude that Chris really does not care about the project except to show up every couple months to check if the money facet hasn't clogged.

@bootcha The dream died 2018. 2019 it's just getting obvious.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Sep 24, 2019

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sabreseven posted:

If toejam's going to label everyone in a group by using one example then, :shrug:

There is at least one of them who is a convicted child molester/peadophile.

Not really a good idea to judge entire groups based on the few tbh is it Toejam?

(Thats as far as I'm going with that due to the disgusting nature of the subject)

Well there is at least one anime watcher (me) in here so, yeah. Not a good idea.

(I also play freemium games, The shame will haunt me to the grave)

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Dementropy posted:

Supplemental:

Goons! :argh:

So, using tojal's logic, all SC fans are potential killers. Since, you know, he supports this.

Can I also hold him responsible?

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

rePool posted:

Can I also hold him responsible?

I think Tojal needs just to be held. He seems very... unhappy.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

rePool posted:

Apparently, to some, there is enough gameplay for five years worth of content. How this is broken down, I have no idea.

https://twitter.com/xXxCOBRA/status/1176264000239218688

Have you seen that channel on the youtubes where a guy uploads his character walking across a game's map? Daggerfall took like 60 hours. And that map fits in like a large crater.

Well, same thing here, walking across those planets to see all there is to see (the same assets but in different locations) will take a while.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Dementropy posted:

Supplemental:

Goons! :argh:

Wait? I can't opt out of these forums? Why did no one tell me, before I paid my :10bux:? :cry:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
If pretty much all of SQ42 got thrown out, does that include most of the 'scenes' the actors mocapped all those years ago? Was all that money wasted?

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Thom12255 posted:

If pretty much all of SQ42 got thrown out, does that include most of the 'scenes' the actors mocapped all those years ago? Was all that money wasted?

Of course it wasn't wasted. CR got to hang around with Hollywood royalty and be a director, living the high life and basking in the adulation of thousands of people.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thom12255 posted:

Pretty sure those have been reshot at least a couple times. There was a period in 2017-2018 where every update included something along the lines of "Chris was back in the studio this week shooting more mocap!"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Wait? I can't opt out of these forums? Why did no one tell me, before I paid my :10bux:? :cry:

Once you start donating to Lowtax's cyberspine fund you'll reach Operating Thetan level 7 and learn the real secrets behind this forum. You know nothing.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

trucutru posted:

Have you seen that channel on the youtubes where a guy uploads his character walking across a game's map? Daggerfall took like 60 hours. And that map fits in like a large crater.

Well, same thing here, walking across those planets to see all there is to see (the same assets but in different locations) will take a while.

Is this a facetious comment or did someone actually do that? lol

I'd be banging my head against a wall within 2 hours of attempting it.

e:

Side note, Relic on Twitter 'liked' a post I made, realized I am not a fanboy, quietly removes his :love:

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

God I love tojal. He gives off this vibe of intense madness.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

tojal would make a good thread sheriff.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

I’ve seen the commandos spout a lot of goofy poo poo (shout out Mirf!), but this history of violence thing is new to me. Is there an origin story for that or has toojie finally had a complete psychotic break?

Gonna go murder the pope now. Back soon.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

I’ve seen the commandos spout a lot of goofy poo poo (shout out Mirf!), but this history of violence thing is new to me. Is there an origin story for that or has toojie finally had a complete psychotic break?

Gonna go murder the pope now. Back soon.

I'm guessing he doxxed someone and found their arrest record or something. Because that's a very normal thing to do and one poster definitely represents us all, obviously.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm guessing he doxxed someone and found their arrest record or something. Because that's a very normal thing to do and one poster definitely represents us all, obviously.

That explanation is boring and I demand that you make up something more ridiculous. :colbert:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Self doxxing threat assessment for Virtual Captain:
  • (AUG 1998) You need a Platinum Account to view this message
  • (SEP 2001) You need a Platinum Account to view this message
  • (MAY 2014) You need a Platinum Account to view this message
  • (JAN 2015) You need a Platinum Account to view this message

I realize some of this may shock and upset some in this thread, but it feels good to get it off my chest. Also I absolve myself so there.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
0.06% of people are murderers according to something I saw on Google, so there are probably more than a hundred murderers in Something Awful's 200,000 accounts. (though I guess fewer since people can have multiple accounts)

If Star Citizen cultists claim to have millions of members, they'll have many more murderers too.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sabreseven posted:

If toejam's going to label everyone in a group by using one example then, :shrug:

Not really a good idea to judge entire groups based on the few tbh is it Toejam?

(Thats as far as I'm going with that due to the disgusting nature of the subject)

He’s a zealot. Also said convicted pedophile was a goon at one point, and we’ve had issues with people getting outed as monsters, rightly or wrongly.

However, treating an entire group as though they’re homogenous and entire in possession of the attributes of the one or two outliers is a debating trick best left to the clown fans and their ‘frens’.

Yes, Tojal, you’re as bad as everyone else. Stop attacking the messengers, accusing them of being goons and building drat dossiers, it just makes you look crazy.

Edit: so he claims to have the arrest and conviction record of one of us. To what end?

Hav fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 24, 2019

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

That explanation is boring and I demand that you make up something more ridiculous. :colbert:

It’s Tojal himself, with one of his many aliases. Checkmate.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

My opinion probably won't be very popular, but I kinda feel bad for Chris Roberts. I believe (or want to believe) that he really believes this game will be everything he's ever dreamed of making. He's so far out of touch with reality that no other narrative makes sense to him and he can't fathom a world where he might fail at this. And it's just one shameful update or handful or broken features after another. And he's sold his dream to so many people he can't go back on it now.

These are things I choose to believe because this story makes sense to me. I mean...just look at the dude. He's way too dopy for me to believe he's masterminded the perfect fraudulent scheme where he can siphon millions of dollars, give next to nothing in return, and people in the end will applaud him for it. And I'm sure the people closest to him are just patting him on the back and paying tribute to his ego because now they're loving rich and who cares if an actual game comes out.

He's like ever super villain cliche where the villain genuinely believes he's doing good work and when he's undone and found out by the hero, he can't handle that truth.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hav posted:

Edit: so he claims to have the arrest and conviction record of one of us. To what end?

I've got a criminal record.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The thing with the whole "You guys are bad!"/"No, you guys are bad!!" bit is that Star Citizen is specifically designed to appeal to 30/40-something year old dorks with a long internet history. There's no real differentiation between most fans and 'haters' other than how they feel about Star Citizen. It's a shared pool, so if you find someone who did something bad on 'one side' it's perfectly likely that if you go back far enough they either A) used to be in the other group, or B) have accounts all over the internet.

The pedo dude is a good example. Is he a goon because he had an account here? Or is he a star citizen fan because he had unwavering support for the project and competed in their ship contest thing? The answer pretty much depends on which subpopulation you're trying to assign blame to.

e: between most fans and 'haters' I should say. The drama surrounding Star Citizen has exceeded its initial audience and drawn in tons of other people who may not have ever actually had a stake in the game.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 24, 2019

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

Don't laugh, but somewhere in my attic, I'm pretty sure I have that record. :eek:

I definitely have a couple Freddie Starr albums and at least one by the Crankies. All were bought while intoxicated sometime in the mid 90's though and I distinctly remember a very amused shopkeep happily taking my lager soaked money. :)

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Sandepande posted:

I think Tojal needs just to be held. He seems very... unhappy.

I recommend:

http://www.cuddleparty.com/

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Sandepande posted:

Of course it wasn't wasted. CR got to hang around with Hollywood royalty and be a director, living the high life and basking in the adulation of thousands tens of people.

fify

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

commando in tophat posted:

StarCraft2 may have a awful story about space jesus and horrible cringy writing, but there is a solid fun game behind it that isn't broken beyond comprehension, and you can skip all the cutscenes in campaign!

It shouldn't need to be said that Starcraft 2 is better than star citizen, that's a given. Its just poo poo compared to starcraft 1.

Comeon, lord of the clans and sc: Ghost are better games than star citizen, and they were cancelled :)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

rePool posted:

Is this a facetious comment or did someone actually do that? lol

I'd be banging my head against a wall within 2 hours of attempting it.

At this very instant there are hundreds upon hundreds of guys (because they are 99.99% men, there is PhD thesis somewhere in there) trying to speed-run certain games, a task which often involves months of redoing the same same levels over and over again, 4-8 hours a day, every day, hoping to both hit all 27 frame perfect jumps required and have the RNG smile on you, which happens 0.178% of the time. And you think my comment could be facetious.

BEHOLD! Optic Blast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2mM0PqY4Sk

Sixty nine hours and thirty three minutes.

If you want more content there are other people that do similar stuff but crouching, crawling, etc.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 24, 2019

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

trucutru posted:

BEHOLD! Optic Blast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2mM0PqY4Sk

Sixty nine hours and thirty three minutes.

If you want more content there are other people that do similar stuff but crouching, crawling, etc.

I think for stuff like that, point in desired direction and a small weight on the 'W' key then just leave the computer to do its thing is the only sensible way. Imagine sitting there for that long, just watching it scroll by, it would turn people insane. :eek:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Agony Aunt posted:

Mods! Mooooooods!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Kikas posted:

Of course! Star Citizen can't use this smoke and mirrors bullshit, you just throw everything into one big map and... what do you mean it doesn't fit in our engine? uh okay, you throw everything into a big map and make it really small, this will work! After all, you just dump assets into a container and gameplay emerges!

This is remarkably close to what Chris Roberts thinks. He actually believes that you don't need a flight engine or an FPS engine or anything else, that you can just put in the 3D models into a 3D map and then use real-life physics and thruster force and gravity etc. and it will all just work, just like in real life, because he thinks PC processing power is so advanced now that it can handle enough calculations to literally mirror real life.

Now that's abundantly stupid, yes - but it's even worse than that. Even if processor power had reached the level where you could build the Matrix, I/O is still never free, which means it's still a stupid idea to not mimic the feel of physics through smoke and mirrors, and free up those cycles to make even more stuff to enrich the experience.

It's all just so amazing. Chris can't even fail right.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sabreseven posted:

I think for stuff like that, point in desired direction and a small weight on the 'W' key then just leave the computer to do its thing is the only sensible way. Imagine sitting there for that long, just watching it scroll by, it would turn people insane. :eek:

That sort of thing is most often done live, in order to prevent filthy cheaters like you to corrupt the sanctity of the play-through.

(Also, those guys are already insane)

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sabreseven posted:

Don't laugh, but somewhere in my attic, I'm pretty sure I have that record. :eek:

I definitely have a couple Freddie Starr albums and at least one by the Crankies. All were bought while intoxicated sometime in the mid 90's though and I distinctly remember a very amused shopkeep happily taking my lager soaked money. :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7MqMZ6XqMfc

The best of times, the worst of times.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sabreseven posted:

But enough about Ben Lesnick

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Oh the thread is getting into this weird Reddit drama again.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1176529920773640194

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
lol that surely will not be used to endlessly grief.

The concept of balance or fun is entirely non-existent in SC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dementropy posted:

Supplemental:

How tojal is an idiot #289:

1. His assertion that nobody on r/starcitizen displays any signs of being a raving lunatic or who can't separate fantasy and reality is both wrong and a general assumption. He has neither the stats, nor the wherewithal to accurately answer such a question.

2. Downplaying what it means to be subscribed to the sub-reddit by minimizing the association its members have with its own online community. This is counter to certain backers of Star Citizen who have been banned on other platforms (Spectrum) and who spend their time discussing Star Citizen solely on said sub-reddit.

3. Furthermore to #2, fan signs, reactions, and comments during live streams and conventions clearly disprove how members of the community self-declare their membership to the sub-reddit.

4. Lastly, regarding #2, GOONS (upper case sensitive for emphasis) are not a specific group for the purposes of "Anti Star Citizen" activity, as seen by the relatively low post numbers generated by this thread vis-a-vis the site as a whole.

5. His argument about distancing one's self to the group falls flat when a sub-reddit is specifically part of a wider organization (Reddit) and thus the various pedophiles and criminals that have, do, and will post content on Reddit serve to rebuff him.

6. His final argument, that everyone here is working together, is an outright lie, and is so weak that it's hard to understand how this mentality wouldn't immediately apply to backers of Star Citizen. Also, gently caress every other poster in this thread (except Kayak)