Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After the beta I started playing the Infinite Warfare campaign, which is still fantastic, and loving hell did I miss the gunfeel from this new MW so bad. All the guns just feel so loving right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

After the beta I started playing the Infinite Warfare campaign, which is still fantastic, and loving hell did I miss the gunfeel from this new MW so bad. All the guns just feel so loving right.

Worth $24 on the xbox store ya think?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kri kri posted:

Hell no

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Disappointed that they don't consider the netcode desync an issue. People try to post about it on Reddit and it gets downvoted.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Mill Village posted:

Disappointed that they don't consider the netcode desync an issue. People try to post about it on Reddit and it gets downvoted.

reddit is a circlejerk hivemind and should never be substituted for proper forums or feedback lmao

/r/Eve taught me that as that game has circled the drain.

That said, new CoD for me this weekend was pretty ok.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
The big PS4 exclusive is the Special Ops survival mode.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Adaptabullshit posted:

And the campaign story which is special ops into not Syria to fight white(!!!) terrorists who do a bengazi. You get to play as vilerat

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kri kri posted:

Yeah, actually. You can't do bad for that price. It's a really cool campaign with a great aesthetic and it's basically Star Citizen if it was an actual game.

Is everyone just playing Modern Warfare Remastered MP in the leadup to release?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Adaptabullshit posted:

For an entire year. Really lovely that Activision continues to insist on doing these lovely deals when they make so much money from micro transactions.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu3wZ-_IKrM

https://charlieintel.com/activision-says-modern-warfare-will-support-up-to-100-players-in-select-mp-experiences-at-launch/56862/

quote:

In a press release highlighting the largest Call of Duty beta in history for Modern Warfare, the company restated that some modes in MP in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will still support high player counts.

The company showcased the brand new Ground War mode during the beta with up to 64 players on a map called Karst River Quarry.

Back in August during the game’s MP reveal, Activision said Ground War would support up to 100 players in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – the largest number of players in an MP mode for Call of Duty.

In today’s press release, the company re-stated that certain MP experiences will feature up to 100 players in Modern Warfare at launch on October 25.

The Beta showcased the unprecedented depth across Modern Warfare multiplayer, ranging from the close-quarter frenetic 2v2 Gunfight play, up to and including the world reveal of the epic large-scale Ground War mode supporting up to 64 players. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer is expected to support up to 100 players in select multiplayer experiences upon launch on October 25. Winner of the “Best Online Multiplayer” by Game Critics Best of E3 2019, Modern Warfare’s ultimate multiplayer playground delivers an action-packed online experience with best-in-class down the barrel gameplay, along with unprecedented depth and variety.

There could be additional Ground War maps that support the higher player count modes in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 24, 2019

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Are they going after the ground Battlefield gave up with this new mode? How did the larger map/player count actually feel for a COD game? (I have largely been not paying attention to this one, but a buddy of mine just brought it to my attention the other day)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ground was was an absolute poo poo show. I can’t even imagine adding 36 more people.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I think it's doing exactly what they wanted, I saw several bf youtube nerds posting praise for it (hell there's people in this thread praising it).

If they can keep cod fans happy and steal some bf players, why not?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

DICE dropped the ball with BF5 so I'm not surprised Activision saw an opportunity and took advantage of it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Are they going after the ground Battlefield gave up with this new mode? How did the larger map/player count actually feel for a COD game? (I have largely been not paying attention to this one, but a buddy of mine just brought it to my attention the other day)

Yes. and terrible. Don't get me wrong it seemed like plenty of people enjoyed it, but to me it just felt like a really shallow, lame BF rip without most of the stuff that makes BF cool. It felt like it had never been playtested. With a bunch of tweaking maybe it could still have legs because COD has more enjoyable shooting than BF imo, but all of my interest lies in the other modes after playing it and I'd rather play battlefield for large scale games. Even the bad ones.

Mill Village posted:

For an entire year. Really lovely that Activision continues to insist on doing these lovely deals when they make so much money from micro transactions.

Seriously? Jesus I thought it was a week. I'm getting it on PS4 anyways, but wow thats brutal. They might as well not release it at all because by that time a new one will be coming.

Even as a PS4 player I don't feel like that's very heartening that the mode will actually be any good.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Ok so now they're saying Spec Ops is not PS4 exclusive, just the "Survival" mode within Spec Ops, which is "1% of the whole game." So what is the rest of Spec Ops?

https://charlieintel.com/iw-dev-survival-mode-is-just-a-sliver-of-spec-ops-says-decision-was-made-above-our-pay-grades/56897/

The only other "exclusive" are an AR and a handgun you get for buying digitally on any platform. Looks like just an early unlock

https://charlieintel.com/new-modern-warfare-bonus-xrk-weapons-pack/56869/

Roman fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 25, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Taintrunner posted:

yeah, IW campaign is probably my favorite one. its genuinly good story wise and gameplay wise. apparently all the writers plus naughty dog dudes are working on the MW one.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
IW has the best robot in any game for reals.

Also walking onto that roof at the start with the spaceships flying around and the chick is all “Welcome to Fleet Week!” is a great moment

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like how John Snow just kills one of his own guys for no reason to show you how badass he is and the rest of his men are like "I see nothing wrong with this carry on"

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

It’s a beta. I’m sure it’ll be fixed by release.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

veni veni veni posted:

I like how John Snow just kills one of his own guys for no reason to show you how badass he is and the rest of his men are like "I see nothing wrong with this carry on"

It's funny but it's like they're all deranged space fascist edgelords so I was cool with it. Made for a cool finale.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

veni veni veni posted:

You can tell it's an Activision story because they made Mars the badguy, which goes against all science fiction logic (where humans are the Martians).

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

IW campaign was extremely good

MW campaign is probably going to be very very summer blockbuster, I don't normally look to cod for technical excellence, but man the engine looks pretty loving good this run

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Someone said if you boil it down its basically Quake 3 engine?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

codo27 posted:

I mean, sure, in the same way Gears 5 is basically UT

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

codo27 posted:

Some residual netcode, maybe.

It's like the joke about the hundred year old axe that's had the head replaced twice and the handle four times.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I had fun with the game and will probably buy the $80 version for the siege recruit skin

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There's that guy on the forums that gets checks for the physics in Madden when he hasn't worked on it in 20 years

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

veni veni veni posted:

Yes. and terrible. Don't get me wrong it seemed like plenty of people enjoyed it, but to me it just felt like a really shallow, lame BF rip without most of the stuff that makes BF cool. It felt like it had never been playtested. With a bunch of tweaking maybe it could still have legs because COD has more enjoyable shooting than BF imo, but all of my interest lies in the other modes after playing it and I'd rather play battlefield for large scale games. Even the bad ones.

Hmm.. but what is the over under on them actually doing some tweaks, which BFV has been lacking?

Either way, I will probably get roped in through the friendgroupthink. It's good to hear the shooting is good. I can look past a lot if the gunplay scratches that itch right.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Crazyeyes24 posted:

It felt busy as gently caress. The map we got to play was pretty big, but not big enough for the player count. You couldn't turn a corner without running into people.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I got sick of all the snipers very quickly on those big maps. Everywhere I looked I saw nothing but glint.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

I got sick of all the snipers very quickly on those big maps. Everywhere I looked I saw nothing but glint.

Yup. And the absolutely shitload of snipers will funnel you towards the center of the map, where everyone else is. One option is to grab a sniper rifle, but then you're becoming part of the problem.

On another note, is it just me, or is the internet losing it's poo poo about Survival mode being PS4 only?

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Guns in loot boxes leaked, which means I will not touch this title :\

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I enjoyed shooting people with rockets, but two just isn't enough!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

faantastic posted:

Guns in loot boxes leaked, which means I will not touch this title :\

https://youtu.be/5dif1BNyiOA

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Sammus posted:

On another note, is it just me, or is the internet losing it's poo poo about Survival mode being PS4 only?
it's supposed to be just one small part of the Spec Ops mode which everyone else still gets, but having to explain that only helps to show how dumb and pointless of a move it is.

And if it's like the Spec Ops in MW2 I couldn't see myself playing it more than once. Did people play it a lot in MW2?

Roman fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 25, 2019

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Just read some leaked stuff from TheGamingRevoYT on twitter. Sounds like Spec Ops is just like the one in MW2 but it takes place on huge maps. Survival is the endless waves like MW2, the other half are missions. So Survival is like half the mode. And you can level up guns and get camos in it, which apparently transfer to multiplayer.

So it's still not a huge part of the game and probably won't make PS4s fly off the shelves. But being half of the mode and letting you level guns outside PVP isn't totally insignificant.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Wow.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I can’t believe people are acting surprised at what is happening since it happens with every CoD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Is the money they get from this stupid poo poo just outweighed by how many people are just totally disinterested in the cosmetic poo poo?

Who’s buying loot boxes to get “sprays, titles, and emotes”???