Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

I will never not laugh at Deavan acting like Jihoon is a member of the loving Asian Mafia, trafficking children to China for organs instead of a dipshit 29 year old selling "lost" phones...the kind of crime that, when you find out about it, you just shake your head at and say "dude" in a condescending tone.

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

We Got Us A Bread posted:

I will never not laugh at Deavan acting like Jihoon is a member of the loving Asian Mafia, trafficking children to China for organs instead of a dipshit 29 year old selling "lost" phones...the kind of crime that, when you find out about it, you just shake your head at and say "dude" in a condescending tone.

She seemed more exasperated than shocked to me. It seemed to me like she was trying to explain to him the basic concept that "selling another person's possessions without their consent is theft," and that hiding it from the mother of his child is wrong.

The fact that he sold the phone in China just compounds everything. It's a piddling offense that probably got turned into international trafficking of stolen goods or something. Plus Jihoon's been letting his debt collect interest and/or late fees, so it literally doubled: also something Deavan should've been told.

She's dumb as hell and a negligent mother, but Jihoon's at least as stupid, and kind of dead weight.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

I love this show

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Do You Wanna Die is a pretty common phrase in Korea, its used lightheartedly. Feels like thats a bit of a reference to it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Do You Wanna Die is a pretty common phrase in Korea, it’s used lightheartedly. Feels like that’s a bit of a reference to it.

Except them's also fighting words/a serious breach of social graces, just like saying someone is crazy. Depends on the context and is saying it to whom, of course.

I'm pretty sure it's Jihoon who actually wants to die, though.

I love that they named their baby after a K-pop star.

I feel like I've said this before and really meant it, and also that dude looks greasy as gently caress.

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
Jihoon gave zero fucks about her taking over the finances. He wants to stay a child and have someone take care of him.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I feel like I've said this before and really meant it, and also that dude looks greasy as gently caress.

Whenever he's on camera I keep expecting Zied to suddenly exhale a huge cloud of vape mist from nowhere and start extolling the virtues of Bit Coin before rolling into a rant about men's rights.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
I love how everything Zied says is directly from a "How to flirt in English" phrase book and her reaction to these corny, canned lines is to fall deeply in love.

Pillow talk continues to be the best poo poo.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sailor Cat posted:

She seemed more exasperated than shocked to me. It seemed to me like she was trying to explain to him the basic concept that "selling another person's possessions without their consent is theft," and that hiding it from the mother of his child is wrong.

She's dumb as hell and a negligent mother, but Jihoon's at least as stupid, and kind of dead weight.

She just needs to get the gently caress off her high-horse, she as big as a fuckup at life as he is, actually, more, she got pregnant a second time after not being able to raise the one child she made. Honey, you live with your parents too, where is your career?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Drunk deavan is the cutest thing ever

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Three Olives posted:

She just needs to get the gently caress off her high-horse, she as big as a fuckup at life as he is, actually, more, she got pregnant a second time after not being able to raise the one child she made. Honey, you live with your parents too, where is your career?

It's not a high horse thing. She's pissed that Jihoon continually lies or omits facts like that she's be having to live with his parents in their tiny house or that he has a criminal record and was/is deeply in debt and doesn't seem to give two fucks about any of it, the later was confirmed by his friends saying he is a carefree child

You can have your own issues and still be rightfully upset that someone is continually disappointing you

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

He looks like he works in a human trafficking ring. That he has zero legit job history only supports my suspicions.

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Three Olives posted:

Oh, I agree, Deavan sucks as a person and a mother; look at her first kid. But she's at least up-front with her hosed-up, stupid bitch self, and she has a better grasp of things like "this is what you need to do as an adult." Jihoon has been hiding poo poo that's actually important, like that he has a criminal record, that he didn't find them their own place to live, he has like $30K in debt--basic, important, and practical stuff that it's never good to lie to your partner about.

Side note: between average wages and the cost of good child care, I don't think it reflects poorly on Deavan for living with her parents. She reflects poorly on herself in literally other every aspect of her life, but the living with her parents thing could be as simple as that it's practical and she has a good relationship with her parents.

I think Deavan should've gotten an abortion and her tubes tied, and Jihoon needs a vasectomy.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Atlas Risen posted:

He looks like he works in a human trafficking ring. That he has zero legit job history only supports my suspicions.

His "job" was to "find people" who would be in an "audience" for a "game show"

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Except them's also fighting words/a serious breach of social graces, just like saying someone is crazy. Depends on the context and is saying it to whom, of course.

I'm pretty sure it's Jihoon who actually wants to die, though.

I love that they named their baby after a K-pop star.

but. . .. when i taught, my kids said that all the time. they called me crazy constantly. they spat in a cup and made me drink it and thank them for the delicious liquor.

is that weird. did i do something weird.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhyteRyce posted:

It's not a high horse thing. She's pissed that Jihoon continually lies or omits facts like that she's be having to live with his parents in their tiny house or that he has a criminal record and was/is deeply in debt and doesn't seem to give two fucks about any of it, the later was confirmed by his friends saying he is a carefree child

You can have your own issues and still be rightfully upset that someone is continually disappointing you

Oh please, it's not like she gave up her career as, I dunno, a dental hygienist at a thriving dental practice to live a fabulous life in Korea after her husband spun an elaborate web of lies and photoshopped images of their future life together in a strange country when she knows he barely speaks the same language as her.

They are two child-ish fuckups that have made fuckups together on top of their tragic lives of fuckups before they met each other, yet she wants to blame him for everything.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

With Deavan and Jihoon, (and I suppose any of the other couples with kids), is the daughter enrolled in a local school?

Coz that has to be tough on a little girl being thrown into a normal public elementary school when you don't speak the language at all, and are clearly "foreign". This is also relevant for any of teh kids that come to the US. (Dunno how many of them there are, I don't watch the shows.)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Especially hard on that little brat if she has to have a super structured, strict manners-based education for the first few years of schooling, like most Asian primary schools are.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

With Deavan and Jihoon, (and I suppose any of the other couples with kids), is the daughter enrolled in a local school?

Coz that has to be tough on a little girl being thrown into a normal public elementary school when you don't speak the language at all, and are clearly "foreign". This is also relevant for any of teh kids that come to the US. (Dunno how many of them there are, I don't watch the shows.)

No idea, but given that Deavan's mom (Drusilla....sure, name your kid after a vampire on the Buffy TV show...her grandmother) is apparently an antivaxx nutjob, there's a non-zero chance that Drusilla isn't vaccinated, so there that is.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Eww that means Jihoon and his parents had chicken pox and dirty diapers rubbed into their scrambled eggs

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!

Grem posted:

Especially hard on that little brat if she has to have a super structured, strict manners-based education for the first few years of schooling, like most Asian primary schools are.

But on the bright side, a super clean anal

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Harvesting the American dollar

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BrigadierSensible posted:

I haven't watched this season yet but SK is filled with Americans due to the semi-permanent military presence and everyone speaks English in Seoul at least.

Besides Jihoon it seems.

I don't think any foreigners have brought kids on the show? Larissa had them but they never left Brazil.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Grem posted:

I'm laughing myself literally to death!

E: seriously, I've seen less chaos and bad behavior at a music festival than I have in any primary school classroom in Asia, SK in particular. I've seen Korean kids throw staplers at teachers, attack each other with boxcutters, or spend the whole class screaming and no one tried to stop them. "They are children, you must love them," which means no discipline.

In Seoul, there might be some resources for non-Korean-speakers in the public schools, but not out where I lived.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Sep 26, 2019

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Three Olives posted:

Oh please, it's not like she gave up her career as, I dunno, a dental hygienist at a thriving dental practice to live a fabulous life in Korea after her husband spun an elaborate web of lies and photoshopped images of their future life together in a strange country when she knows he barely speaks the same language as her.

They are two child-ish fuckups that have made fuckups together on top of their tragic lives of fuckups before they met each other, yet she wants to blame him for everything.

I think Jihoon wins Who's Worse, by virtue of constantly lying, procrastinating, and straight-up not giving a poo poo about anything. Why are you so much more aggressive about Deavan? She's an idiot, but she's honest and she actually gives a drat about stuff like where they're going to live.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I don't think any foreigners have brought kids on the show? Larissa had them but they never left Brazil.

Theres a couple. I remember Allas son going to Kentucky and of course that Indonesian woman taking her son to Wisconsin.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Its probably just how they decided to cut it this week to try show closeness/intimacy but Lil Timmy need to stop stroking her hair like hes a fidgeting mother.

edit:
The Caesar scene having the fancy dinner by himself, made it look like a private dining area but it was actually just in the courtyard where other guests are wandering up with open cans. And its Mxico, couldnt he have found a quick date for his dinner? Even if he had to pay itd have to be cheaper than the Ukrainian. I suppose Im probably hoping for too much reality instead of going along with the script.

DRINK ME fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 27, 2019

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
How did I just find this thread... This is about the only live show I watch these days lol

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

gret posted:

There’s a couple. I remember Alla’s son going to Kentucky and of course that Indonesian woman taking her son to Wisconsin.

Oh yeah I forgot about the fake doctor's kid.

Don't even remember an Alla.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I bought my SO cameos from cast members wishing her a happy birthday A+++ would buy again. Tim made a 7 minute birthday video about his past birthdays and his cat dying. Zieds video is exactly how you imagine it and also stellar.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Virigoth posted:

I bought my SO cameo’s from cast members wishing her a happy birthday A+++ would buy again. Tim made a 7 minute birthday video about his past birthdays and his cat dying. Zied’s video is exactly how you imagine it and also stellar.

happy birthday soooo sexxxxxyy

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Virigoth posted:

I bought my SO cameos from cast members wishing her a happy birthday A+++ would buy again. Tim made a 7 minute birthday video about his past birthdays and his cat dying. Zieds video is exactly how you imagine it and also stellar.

You make me want to repost the legendary Paul Cameo video again...

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

We Got Us A Bread posted:

You make me want to repost the legendary Paul Cameo video again...

Folks, I gotta see it.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
New ep boyyyyy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Born-again grease boy is definitely reading as super closeted

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Darcey is manic depressive or something, isn't she

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

TheWevel posted:

Folks, I gotta see it.

Welp, prepare for the ride of your life.... https://www.cameo.com/v/bbBLn0b8f

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Holy poo poo this Darcey meltdown is incredible
she sounds like a drunken college freshman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

My theory is that Tim is playing hard to get to gently caress with her mind and keep her from running off