Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

That's pretty funny imo and really puts the naive idea of neverending growth into the corner where it belongs.

certified lol-worthy, to be sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

honda whisperer posted:

At a party in line for a beer. Everyone I try to talk to does that YouTube personality introduction that's over excited and forced. The longer I listen the louder they get but they never actually say anything. Also the line slowly moves forward but never actually ends.

*smashes that like button*

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
In my personal hell I really want a chicken parm but live in Oregon where there isn't a good chicken parm ANYWHERE but when I go to the market to get ingredients to make my own they only have PROCESSED MOZZARELLA CHEESE PRODUCT!!!!!

:negative:

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Albany, NY.

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.

Action-Bastard posted:

It's perpetual dusk on a warm summer evening with a light breeze and I'm outside. I feel nothing, I feel connected to nothing, I feel as though I'm lost in the middle of the sea but I'm just outside my front door.

Sorry, sounds like I've already taken your personal hell

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Rock festival but you can't drink or take drugs and you just ate dodgy filthy third-day festival food and your stomach is rumbling ominously and the lines to the third-day port-a-potties are about 45 minutes long and the one loving band you're interested in starts in five.

Whoops too late you shat your pants, well at least you can go see the... oh nevermind they canceled and the slot was given to Disturbed

Cool cool now your girlfriend left you because of the pant making GBS threads and is now backstage with Disturbed

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Sliding down an infinitely long razorblade using my balls for brakes.

The real hell is scary too.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

old beast lunatic posted:

pretty sure for me it would be oklahoma or kansas, Some flat bible belt tornado bait chud hellscape.

Hey friend, Kansas is fun and cool. There is lots of stuff to do like farm, 4H, and pancake feeds, and alcoholism.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
My own personal hell is having to help someone do a repetitive, tedious task for no real reason other than "its the way we've always done things", or because a simple tool is not available.

Like taking the sandwiches out of pre-made lunchboxes for a corporate lunch meeting to put them in the fridge, because they ordered the lunch boxes too early, because the woman who orders the lunches wanted her lunch early, because she gets in at 5am because shes old and has always done this. Then an hour later we need to take all the sandwiches back out of the fridge and put them back into the boxes, but since all the sandwiches were different we need to unwrap each one and put the turkey's into the boxes labeled turkey and roast beefs into the boxes labeled roast beef.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

old beast lunatic posted:

pretty sure for me it would be oklahoma or kansas, Some flat bible belt tornado bait chud hellscape.

Having to sit in some shithole midwestern diner listening to the boring life stories of every boring dirtstater that was ever born and no matter how much coffee I drink I never need to take a piss which would give me the chance to escape through a window.

thpook
Jul 30, 2003

squawk

Good Ol Filbert posted:

Unironic personal hell is constant discomfort that has no end. It would be that weird North Cal universe that Nmae described where when you put on a jacket it's too hot, but when you take it off it's too cold and you're never at peace and you live in turmoil. Made worse if wearing uncomfortable clothes that doesn't fit well and you're constantly tugging and adjusting everything all the time and the fabric is scratchy.

But we're not in Hell and everything is ok, and my clothes fit right and the fabric is soft and smells good *sigh* ok I feel better

I live in Humboldt and that is the precise weather outside at this moment. I have a fan on in the apartment and I'm wearing a light sweater. Also, if I look out the south facing window in my bedroom, it is foggy; and when I look out the north facing window in my living room, it is sunny.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
every family function wherein i am endlessly confronted with my failures and short comings

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here

tiaz posted:

Oh, I couldn't possibly afford a personal hell.

I think you'll find with interest rates at record lows, and a wide variety of financing option, you can't afford not to have your own personal hell.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Former DILF posted:

infinite beautiful women calling my dick hosed up and weird

You would no doubt adapt and learn to love this.

Also, how does it feel now when ugly women call your dick hosed up and weird?

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

honda whisperer posted:

At a party in line for a beer. Everyone I try to talk to does that YouTube personality introduction that's over excited and forced. The longer I listen the louder they get but they never actually say anything. Also the line slowly moves forward but never actually ends.

Zeno's keg line

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
starving, the only food are gas station hot dogs that have been rolling so long they look like old dudes dicks, and the only topping you can find is ketchup and mayo

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

OMFG FURRY posted:

starving, the only food are gas station hot dogs that have been rolling so long they look like old dudes dicks, and the only topping you can find is ketchup and mayo

Keep that talk up and goons might start donating to your kickstarter

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

iammeandsoareyou posted:

I think you'll find with interest rates at record lows, and a wide variety of financing option, you can't afford not to have your own personal hell.

Ah! the personal hell of receiving a sales pitch or interacting with sales in any way was inside me all along

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

thpook posted:

I live in Humboldt and that is the precise weather outside at this moment. I have a fan on in the apartment and I'm wearing a light sweater. Also, if I look out the south facing window in my bedroom, it is foggy; and when I look out the north facing window in my living room, it is sunny.

:saddowns: Oh my goodness, I tip my hat to your capability to withstand it

I was talking to a couple people about dry weather the other day. They were in town and really enjoying the sunny weather, it was hot, but the breeze was cool and everything was perfect. They mentioned that where they're from (I think it was Denver) that the air is so dry that people just commonly get nosebleeds.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Good Ol Filbert posted:

:saddowns: Oh my goodness, I tip my hat to your capability to withstand it

I was talking to a couple people about dry weather the other day. They were in town and really enjoying the sunny weather, it was hot, but the breeze was cool and everything was perfect. They mentioned that where they're from (I think it was Denver) that the air is so dry that people just commonly get nosebleeds.

Only for your first few months til you acclimate. Hell, I never dealt with it when I moved here, but I did grow up in a desert climate so I may just have some native acclimatization.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

RFC2324 posted:

Only for your first few months til you acclimate. Hell, I never dealt with it when I moved here, but I did grow up in a desert climate so I may just have some native acclimatization.

Imagine you're in a board meeting clicking through your powerpoint and then haha whoops! you start leaking blood from your nose. Your colleagues go haha woops! too, and hand you a napkin. The laughter triggers everybody to start getting nosebleeds, the entire boardroom is cracking up making nose corks out of napkins. Just another day in Denver!

on the real, that climate sounds like it hurts your pink membranes on your first inhale of the day :( I'm sorry

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Good Ol Filbert posted:

Imagine you're in a board meeting clicking through your powerpoint and then haha whoops! you start leaking blood from your nose. Your colleagues go haha woops! too, and hand you a napkin. The laughter triggers everybody to start getting nosebleeds, the entire boardroom is cracking up making nose corks out of napkins. Just another day in Denver!

on the real, that climate sounds like it hurts your pink membranes on your first inhale of the day :( I'm sorry

I'm used to it, and never realized the bloody nose thing til some friends from Texas moved here and spent 6 months dealing with it.

But yeah, its a thing, no one says poo poo about bloody noses your first year here

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

RFC2324 posted:

I'm used to it, and never realized the bloody nose thing til some friends from Texas moved here and spent 6 months dealing with it.

But yeah, its a thing, no one says poo poo about bloody noses your first year here

That's a bummer, but I've heard that Colorado is beautiful, so I bet it's worth the little bit of acclimation. isn't the human body amazing? :)

Petition to rename the sate of Colorado to Malos Aires

maybe it's named Colorado cuz that's what comes out your nose lol

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
Hungover as poo poo, 2.5 hours sleep, eyes of sand, insides all bile, ruined relationship ("you loving loser"), at work 11am Thursday morning with a day full of something like physically migrating and replacing an entire office's IT by yourself before end of day because it needs to be up by 7am for gently caress all money lest you face the sack and there are SFA jobs going and you're a depressed sadsack. Also there's a demon constantly poking your taint with a cactus.

spleen merchant fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 26, 2019

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Being Matt Groening and having your whole life be defined by the steady decline of the Simpsons.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Lux Animus posted:

Being Matt Groening and having your whole life be defined by the steady decline of the Simpsons.

uh something else happened recently that i think is gonna define him

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

giving a speech in front of a huge audience while having a really itchy anus

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I'm saying things and people...like them? I yell words that make me sound like a loving moron and they give me Nobel. I'm trying so hard to not be taken seriously and everyone keeps saying "really? Please continue" and they sincerely mean it.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Literally A Person posted:

I'm saying things and people...like them? I yell words that make me sound like a loving moron and they give me Nobel. I'm trying so hard to not be taken seriously and everyone keeps saying "really? Please continue" and they sincerely mean it.

Mr. President Obama sir, it's nice of you to join us.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

the internet in 2019

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
An understaffed Walmart. All I'm buying is baby formula. Self checkout is down and I'm waiting behind 50 people with carts fill of groceries, a horde of coupons, and planning on writing checks

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

Living somewhere that looks like this

what the gently caress even is this place

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ElGroucho posted:

It appears to be a housing zone that is partially sunk into a sea of tar.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

ElGroucho posted:

Florida

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

probably being born into a reality by uncaring monsters on an entropic plane, in which I am required to devour other life to sustain my own inevitable ironic demise-- All while being forced into ill-conceived social bonds that reward callous, hateful action, and punish empathy and kindness. That's right, Earth. Sorry everyone. :(

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Icochet posted:

Rock festival but you can't drink or take drugs and you just ate dodgy filthy third-day festival food and your stomach is rumbling ominously and the lines to the third-day port-a-potties are about 45 minutes long and the one loving band you're interested in starts in five.

Whoops too late you shat your pants, well at least you can go see the... oh nevermind they canceled and the slot was given to Disturbed

Cool cool now your girlfriend left you because of the pant making GBS threads and is now backstage with Disturbed

How about I make this worse for you. I was at a three day music festival in 2003. The Foo Fighters and Sonic Youth were playing at the same time on two different stages. Tough choice for a 90's teenager.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Neverending slow day at work. Aka today. Please kill me

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

poverty goat posted:

Neverending slow day at work. Aka today. Please kill me

Fine.

Address?

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Having my blood constantly drawn. The needles are large and the nurses poorly trained; they NEVER get the vein the first go. I am strapped down and incapable of resisting. Nothing but helplessness in the face of repeated stabbings with hollow syringes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

THIS THREAD