Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Man I wish there was some good solid links to go with these claims. I don't doubt it, but it's easier to share a link than it is a forum post or a random twitter thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Sandwolf posted:

Is the money they get from this stupid poo poo just outweighed by how many people are just totally disinterested in the cosmetic poo poo?

Who’s buying loot boxes to get “sprays, titles, and emotes”???

housefly posted:

I paid 2 win

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
From what I can tell the loot box weapons are all special “blueprints” of existing weapons with exclusive attachments (like the shotgun rewarded for reaching lvl 10 in the beta, and the digital preorder pack rifle/revolver) and not actually whole new guns like they did in Black Ops 4.

That had better be the case, at least. Still really lovely.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Modern warfare calls for modern business practices, my friends

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

From what I can tell the loot box weapons are all special “blueprints” of existing weapons with exclusive attachments (like the shotgun rewarded for reaching lvl 10 in the beta, and the digital preorder pack rifle/revolver) and not actually whole new guns like they did in Black Ops 4.

Every single COD in the last 4 years or so waits a few months before properly introducing P2W weapons and really lovely loot box practices.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It will be both.

Can't wait to spend $600 on another CoD experience.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

It will be both.

Can't wait to spend $600 on another CoD experience.

You can use the phone you already have to play CoD Mobile, you don't have to buy another one just for it. :newlol:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

veni veni veni posted:

I like how John Snow just kills one of his own guys for no reason to show you how badass he is and the rest of his men are like "I see nothing wrong with this carry on"

kinda. its think its more he comes from a dead eyed starship trooper fascist society that puts death and victory above everything else. i like koch. he was a decent dead eyed facist.

Taintrunner posted:

It's funny but it's like they're all deranged space fascist edgelords so I was cool with it. Made for a cool finale.

yeah. i like that you can go BJ blazkowicz on his rear end before he mutters his "death has no disgrace poo poo". him and his men being fanatics worked because the world building showed that. the ships are all spartan military ships and everyone wheres body armor or navy boiler suits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTYP4hz4vik

He went wall eyed because the blade severed his spinal cord. Great detail added by the developers. Anatomically accurate.

anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijvTiDnWJLE

its this but bleaker and none of the preppy jingoism. its basical starship troopers meets imperial japan.

anyway, i hope they make a sequel but the ending is satisfying enough that it can work as one off.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 26, 2019

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Don’t worry guys it’s not like your paying money for op guns.

Your paying money for a loot box that has a slim chance of containing an op gun

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

You can use the phone you already have to play CoD Mobile, you don't have to buy another one just for it. :newlol:

Is this out? I was curious about MWs future microteansactions.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Every COD since Advanced Warfare has had some form of lootboxes with weapons so I don't see the point in getting angry over it at this point. For the most part, IW did a pretty good job balancing the loot box guns in Infinite Warfare. They tend to fix any issues in a reasonable amount of time. Nothing like BO4's Havalina, that's for sure.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Since I preordered the fancy edition that comes with like 3,000 CoD points, how many epic loot boxes would that get me? Is there anything else I could spend those on?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Is this out? I was curious about MWs future microteansactions.

October 1. Canada had early access. Unless they let you use inverted controls, I can't really recommend it.
If you use a controller have a pulse you'll walk all over people playing it though; the people I played against acted like they had never played a video game before.
I'd never played an fps on a phone before, but even without inverted control it was easy as gently caress because the aim assist is laughably generous.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Is the money they get from this stupid poo poo just outweighed by how many people are just totally disinterested in the cosmetic poo poo?

Of course.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Who’s buying loot boxes to get “sprays, titles, and emotes”???

quote:

In its latest financial results, Activision Blizzard revealed it made a record $7.16 billion in revenue across the entire fiscal year. $4 billion of that amount came from “in-game net bookings,” which covers loot boxes, sales of DLC, and in-app purchases.

It’s important to remember that Activision Blizzard owns King, the company behind a series of mobile games including Candy Crush, all of which have a big focus on microtransactions. King generated around $2 billion from in-game purchases for its parent company. That means the other $2 billion came from PC and console titles, as well as Activision Blizzard’s own mobile efforts such as Hearthstone.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jesus Christ even if you take an absurdly conservative estimate like ‘100mil came from shooting game loot boxes,’ it still is extremely fiscally intelligent to keep releasing this horseshit

Sick

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
For every one of us intelligent enough to not buy the goddamn lootboxes, there are a thousand more willing to eat that poo poo up.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Honestly I’m over caring about loot boxes unless they negatively effect my gameplay as a non loot box buyer. They suck but they are here to stay in multiplat AAA games and the only thing we can do is not continue to not buy them or not buy the game at all if it’s too egregious.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You have to remember, just like my buddy said. "The world is loving junk".

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I think it’s funny when people get mad about not being able to earn or otherwise get some cosmetics, like they are entitled to them somehow.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it's funny but I get where they are coming from, in the sense that that kind of thing used to be included with a game and now it's been commodified. At the same time if it's just some cosmetic bs it's a goofy thing to get mad about. if a game feels worth the money at it's core and stays relatively balanced I don't really care. DLC guns suck and I don't think they should be in games but at the same time I've never felt like I didn't have plenty of guns at my disposal that killed poo poo just fine....in pretty much any game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

I think it’s funny when people get mad about not being able to earn or otherwise get some cosmetics, like they are entitled to them somehow.

In fairness, the last twelve years of releases set a precedent for this.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

It's not cosmetics, I could give a poo poo about that, it's guns, and they have been doing that

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Someone had coupon codes for Borderlands 3 right at launch, I'm guessing being an Activision/Blizzard title there will be no such luck with this?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

codo27 posted:

Someone had coupon codes for Borderlands 3 right at launch, I'm guessing being an Activision/Blizzard title there will be no such luck with this?

Its currently $52 on Green Man Gaming.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s also being bundled with RTX cards so there’s plenty of codes to be had for cheap online (as long as you have or know someone with an RTX card to redeem)

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

While people on reddit are yelling about lootcrate guns ill be playing Cod earning lootcrates without spending a cent. :shrug:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

While people on reddit are yelling about lootcrate guns ill be playing Cod earning lootcrates without spending a cent. :shrug:

Enjoy getting destroyed by P2W weapons forever, scrub.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Really hope this is revealed in full before launch because at this point I think I'm getting it. gently caress BR style gameplay

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

codo27 posted:

Really hope this is revealed in full before launch because at this point I think I'm getting it. gently caress BR style gameplay

The BR is reportedly getting released next year.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

El Jebus posted:

The BR is reportedly getting released next year.

Hopefully early in the year. Let's be honest it's what really has kept Blops 4 alive.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://youtu.be/QvDtlmC3Auk

At least it is a beta and they won't just shrug because cod has a history of fixing these problems.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

https://youtu.be/QvDtlmC3Auk

At least it is a beta and they won't just shrug because cod has a history of fixing these problems.

If it's worse than blops4, does that mean it's "merely" as bad as blops 3 and IW now?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Kizurue posted:

Let's be honest it's what really has kept Blops 4 alive.

no, let's be really honest; if blackout didn't exist everyone would have just played mp and complained non-stop about that instead

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

no, let's be really honest; if blackout didn't exist everyone would have just played mp and complained non-stop about that instead

No, let's be super honest; I wouldn't have bought the game.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
MP was mostly fine until Zero and the lootbox weapons that didn't get nerfed for months.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I preordered for the beta so I’m already strapped in for this poo poo show of a ride. :yeah:

Edit: just saw this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgp05f1sMGg

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 27, 2019

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I genuinely think the mp would have died as fast as Ghosts or WaW if it weren't for Blackout. It's the shining centre of a dull lump of coal

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Man with all the other horseshit going on the world, I just can't see having the time to get mad about loot boxes. I play games to have fun, and I just don't give a poo poo if that's part of the deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Never understood all the hubbub around loot boxes myself. Just ignore it if you don't like it?