Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Cuttlefish
Apr 6, 2016

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Hey friend, Kansas is fun and cool. There is lots of stuff to do like farm, 4H, and pancake feeds, and alcoholism.

What the hell gently caress is a pancake feed I fully do not have a single clue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Valko posted:

How about I make this worse for you. I was at a three day music festival in 2003. The Foo Fighters and Sonic Youth were playing at the same time on two different stages. Tough choice for a 90's teenager.

Foo Fighters is Hell option in this scenario

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Pain

Chronic painful disease
I just dodged a giant bullet and my whole life is forever changed for the better.

I used to think being sad or lonely or we was hell. Now I know it's nothing compared to chronic pain.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Robot Cuttlefish posted:

What the hell gently caress is a pancake feed I fully do not have a single clue

I think they eat pancakes op

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

thpook posted:

I live in Humboldt and that is the precise weather outside at this moment. I have a fan on in the apartment and I'm wearing a light sweater. Also, if I look out the south facing window in my bedroom, it is foggy; and when I look out the north facing window in my living room, it is sunny.

Hello humboldt county buddy.

My personal hell was working retail during the Bad Old Days. Poorly fitting uniforms, out of touch corporate overlords, anti-wage-increase minimum wage employees, brain dead customers, immature piss baby customers, entitled customers, customers in our store, not being able to stand up for yourself, back to back shifts, holiday hours, skeleton crews, top 40s radio, the dickhead district manager who drives his corvette to convince himself he is still young, etc.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

pretty jealous of all of you that would actually be able to tell the difference tbh

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

I think if I were to design my own personal hell just for me, I would make it quite nice and nothing at all like the dreadful hells you all are describing.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bad Purchase posted:

I think if I were to design my own personal hell just for me, I would make it quite nice and nothing at all like the dreadful hells you all are describing.

It's not really a personal hell if it had throw pillows and cheerful drapes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"you're alive, forever"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"everything you've ever known? more of it"

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
In hell I am a long haul truck driver. I start in Miami and have to deliver a load to Portland, but when I get there they tell me that the order and load is wrong and I have to go back for the right one, but it is never right. The traffic is insane and it is raining the entire time, like zero-visibility rain

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Valko posted:

How about I make this worse for you. I was at a three day music festival in 2003. The Foo Fighters and Sonic Youth were playing at the same time on two different stages. Tough choice for a 90's teenager.

Can't remember a single Sonic youth song right now but I'm still gonna say Sonic youth

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Having my blood constantly drawn. The needles are large and the nurses poorly trained; they NEVER get the vein the first go. I am strapped down and incapable of resisting. Nothing but helplessness in the face of repeated stabbings with hollow syringes.

This was me today, the nurse was a student and she had to poke me six times and then squiggle the needle around inside my arm for a good long while trying to find a vein. The longer it went on the more flustered she got, but I still told her she did a good job and that my veins are always hard for the nurses to find and she seemed to feel a little better. :unsmith:

My personal hell is having a chronic mystery ailment that the doctors can’t figure out, I see multiple doctors and they just repeatedly throw their hands up in the air and diagnose me with something moronic like a flu bug or an ear infection and just prescribe antibiotics over and over again without finding the problem.

Literally A Person posted:

It's not really a personal hell if it had throw pillows and cheerful drapes.

What if all of the pillows and drapes are in that same chevron pattern from 2014?

Pump Jockey fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 27, 2019

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

"Yeah, you've got post concussion syndrome due to the physical injuries to your hindbrain from the impact. You're going to have these horrific entire life-ruining, job-ruining, marriage-ruining symptoms that mean you can't do any of the things you enjoyed ever again for the rest of your life. There is literally nothing modern medicine can do and you will never get better. Oh, and your income protection insurance isn't going to pay out because PCS isn't a recognised ailment. Good luck not killing yourself!"

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

Living somewhere that looks like this

I remember watching a doco where some guy lived there or somewhere similar. Dove into the water from his backyard for his morning swim and was promptly chomped by a bull shark.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

There is a really cute service dog but I can't pet it because its working and I would be bothering it at work

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
an eternity doing copy edit of star trek expanded universe novels

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Every phone on earth's ringtone changed to a crying baby.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

In my hell I am perpetually working on a very involved doctorate in a field with no career prospects outside of academia. I no longer have any interest or motivation but have been at it for so long that I feel I have to continue and try to wrangle a career in highly competitive and always precarious academia, or I will have thrown my whole life away with no career to show for it. I simultaneously procrastinate constantly and never actually get anything done while always feeling I have to be at my computer working rather than enjoying life or being productive in some way. I am imprisoned by a constant ruminating shame and self-loathing. I long for an alternative more congenial hell where I have to physically toil or be tortured but where the lack of mental work allows me a measure of freedom to daydream. Satan denies me a better hell and Jesus just looks disappointed, shaking his head and telling me that I have chosen this particular hell and am free to leave whenever I want, only to leave me with no actual means of escape.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
being sober around drunks and you can't drink or leave cause you're the DD.....Every Weekend.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moon Atari posted:

In my hell I am perpetually working on a very involved doctorate in a field with no career prospects outside of academia. I no longer have any interest or motivation but have been at it for so long that I feel I have to continue and try to wrangle a career in highly competitive and always precarious academia, or I will have thrown my whole life away with no career to show for it. I simultaneously procrastinate constantly and never actually get anything done while always feeling I have to be at my computer working rather than enjoying life or being productive in some way. I am imprisoned by a constant ruminating shame and self-loathing. I long for an alternative more congenial hell where I have to physically toil or be tortured but where the lack of mental work allows me a measure of freedom to daydream. Satan denies me a better hell and Jesus just looks disappointed, shaking his head and telling me that I have chosen this particular hell and am free to leave whenever I want, only to leave me with no actual means of escape.

too real, pull back moon atari, pull back

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
there being no chance of ever achieving any real quality of life or having any social connections

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Idk this academia hell sounds pretty good

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Moon Atari posted:

...Geez.

:smith:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Okay, I have one. Eternity in 7th grade.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

surrounded by sub-woofers pulsing heavy bass, hands covered in grease that never comes off

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Eternal night shift at Farthammer.com helpdesk

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Being told that there are consequences for my actions (I am a straight white upper-middle class male btw)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Being told that there are consequences for my actions (I am a straight white upper-middle class male btw)

hosed UP

That's like not even funny, man.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I'm triggered.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Icochet posted:

Can't remember a single Sonic youth song right now but I'm still gonna say Sonic youth

I saw them a bunch. It was garbage hype like most of the 90s. This song sprung to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLU4fed-mp4

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Infinitely large, everlasting Gathering of the Juggalos festival.

No matter how far your go, you are never out of earshot of a stage upon which ICP is playing that almost drowns out all the dumb poo poo ICP fans chant all the time but not quite. Also it's always at the hottest, sunniest part of the day and there's no shade, and all the Faygo that's been spilled or sprayed on you just keeps getting stickier.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The Cockler posted:

there being no chance of ever achieving any real quality of life or having any social connections

Your never alone amongstst the goons

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
feeling the need to answer constant calls to action because i'm just not a good person otherwise

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Every piece of media is anime.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Sleeping with an endless parade of beautiful women but being unable to connect emotionally with them

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Sleeping with an endless parade of beautiful women but being unable to connect emotionally with them

Please don't doxx me

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

MustardFacial posted:

Every piece of media is anime.

I'm imagining every serious documentary, every violent dark piece if media, portrayed in whatever style of anime possible... and I cannot stop laughing.

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Action-Bastard posted:

I'm imagining every serious documentary, every violent dark piece if media, portrayed in whatever style of anime possible... and I cannot stop laughing.

a historical anime narrated by dan carlin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Some say heaven is hell
Some say hell is heaven

- Kate Bush, Sat in your lap

Put me in the hell that is a Kate Bush music video. That would be so terrible! I'd have just the worst time imaginable, ugh! You listening here God? Absolutely do not do this to me under any circumstance. I'd rather be in a Christina Aguilera music video.