Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Nah fair enough. I retract it.
It's more the creepy grin and constant saluting that brought him to my attention. And I'll stand by that being weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Agony Aunt posted:

Hmm.. i don't think its a good thing to have a bash at people simply for their appearances.

shut it beardy

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/1uTDJda.gifv

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

Hmm.. i don't think its a good thing to have a bash at people simply for their appearances.

I'm pretty sure if we had a rogues gallery of people in this thread, we could take the piss out of their appearances, but it wouldn't be nice.

Its fair enough to take the piss out of people of the things they say and do, but let's not have a go at people for how they look. (unless they dress up as bunny man!). I mean, really, its not that good we take the piss out of Ben for his size, although that depends on how much of it is self-induced and how much of it is a medical condition. Regardless of which it is, he clearly now has a serious medical condition and probably doesn't have long left to live.

U FAT BRO?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
I have looked on Chris's works, and I despair

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

his nibs posted:

no no this guy

https://twitter.com/SpearmintVR/status/1178156814728253446

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

yikes

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Agony Aunt posted:

I'm pretty sure if we had a rogues gallery of people in this thread, we could take the piss out of their appearances, but it wouldn't be nice.

Its fair enough to take the piss out of people of the things they say and do, but let's not have a go at people for how they look. (unless they dress up as bunny man!). I mean, really, its not that good we take the piss out of Ben for his size, although that depends on how much of it is self-induced and how much of it is a medical condition. Regardless of which it is, he clearly now has a serious medical condition and probably doesn't have long left to live.
Yeah it is a dick move.

But being fat is self induced, mainly through sugar/carbs intake.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

AutismVaccine posted:

Yeah it is a dick move.

But being fat is self induced, mainly through sugar/carbs intake.

I heard that eating too much and not getting enough exercise, caused people to get fat.

And Sumo Wrestling.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
That was a lot of words that one guy typed to try and justify his poor decision in buying thousands in ships.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Rex in the background, with lust on his mind.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Elderbean posted:

Why would anyone want to explore boring procedural caves in a broke rear end piece of poo poo like SC when Deep Rock Galactic exists? This is the problem with trying to make your game do everything, none of the features are going to be particularly deep, innovative, distinct, or fun. Hmmmm, one game has a noticeable feel/style and lets my friends and I shoot hordes of bugs as a team of drunk space dwarves, the other has empty voids of nothing, bland milsperm graphics, and if I fire my gun at someone I'll noclip into the sun. Which one is more fun?

I know Kitchen Nightmares is reality TV and should not be taken as fact, but I love that garbage and one of the running themes to a lot of bad restaurants is bland food from having gargantuan menus. Oh yeah, we serve EVERYTHING but none of it is particularly good and our restaurant is right next to a bunch of places that serve much better versions of the same stuff for a similar price. Whhhhy are we going out of business??

Wasn't there some Hollywood pizzeria episode where the owner had designed a headache inducing complex menu using subpar ingredients and his dream™ was to sell frozen pizzas in supermarkets, despite his menu being completely unsuitable for that?
It's almost like... choosing CryEngine for a space MMO :D

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Infinity: Battlescape took 15 years to get to early access:
https://www.vgamezone.com/2019/09/24/the-15-year-wait-for-infinity-battlescape-is-nearly-over-its-out-on-early-access-this-week/

So Star Ciziten can take at least another eight years.

Edit: 8 x 30 million = $240,000,000 more needed.

Beexoffel fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Sep 29, 2019

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Beexoffel posted:

Infinity: Battlescape took 15 years to get to early access:
https://www.vgamezone.com/2019/09/24/the-15-year-wait-for-infinity-battlescape-is-nearly-over-its-out-on-early-access-this-week/

So Star Ciziten can take at least another eight years.

Edit: 8 x 30 million = $240,000,000 more needed.

CIG burns through $45m to $50m each year. Another $360m needed :eng101: :shepspends:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P6V1ey9mUo

"What Citizens SPENT on Star Citizen! Are they STILL HAPPY? Our community gets together to talk about what they've spent on Star Citizen and how they feel years later about their pledges. We go over our community's comments and those in our chat during the stream!"

Also, DaGamez describes Montoya as a celebrity :laffo:

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

his nibs posted:

no no this guy

He has THAT look in his eyes. Even seems the same height as the dark knight fella threatening haters with a gun in hand and clenched fists.
I know it's a reach, but I've never seen this guy before and wow, how have I not? That's hard to miss, yet I did.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Quavers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P6V1ey9mUo

"What Citizens SPENT on Star Citizen! Are they STILL HAPPY? Our community gets together to talk about what they've spent on Star Citizen and how they feel years later about their pledges. We go over our community's comments and those in our chat during the stream!"

Also, DaGamez describes Montoya as a celebrity :laffo:

Some of the comments by people having spent a few hundred or thousand, are quite concerned. And others are 'no regrets'. Anexample how the same thing can look so different to different people.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally found the right programming language for Chris:

https://github.com/kelseyhightower/nocode

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Does Captain Richard's beard creep anyone else out?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rabelais D posted:

Does Captain Richard's beard creep anyone else out?

Nope, it's just a Billy Mays beard.

His obsession with being anally penetrated with a girl's tentacles is also pretty normal, I say.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

trucutru posted:

Nope, it's just a Billy Mays beard.

His obsession with being anally penetrated with a girl's tentacles is also pretty normal, I say.

Imagine four tentacles on a cliff...

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

his nibs posted:

shut it beardy

I'd shave, but CIG haven't invented shaving of JPGs yet.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Star Citizens rediscovering the appeal of single-player games in real time, it would seem. Fascinating!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Drake Cutter concept -- A mobile salon ship.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Agony Aunt posted:

I'd shave, but CIG haven't invented shaving of JPGs yet.

It’s still firmly part of the meta.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LOL, actually no. I'm close to 50 and only have a small beer belly which has taken a lot of effort to achieve. Always been one of those people who remained slim no matter what i ate.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Finally found the right programming language for Chris:

https://github.com/kelseyhightower/nocode

Perfect for ~~~ dreams ~~~.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Agony Aunt posted:

Its fair enough to take the piss out of people of the things they say and do, but let's not have a go at people for how they look. (unless they dress up as bunny man!). I mean, really, its not that good we take the piss out of Ben for his size, although that depends on how much of it is self-induced and how much of it is a medical condition.

ED: This was a week before being hospitalized.

ED2: He celebrated his hospital release and "not having any of the scary big person problems" by ordering from the Cheesecake Factory.

Conspiratiorist fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 29, 2019

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Well, if we're going across the board, then really we can no longer make fun of Chris Roberts looking like a human thumb.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

A lot of peoples' body shapes are practically predestined, and short of surgery like lapbands around the stomach or stomach stapling there are often fairly limited proven ways in dropping weight. With exercise and diet you can do a decent amount but for many people they'll still be overweight to some degree.

Ben, however, seems to court death by calories with his eating habits and that's entirely on him.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

kw0134 posted:

A lot of peoples' body shapes are practically predestined

Yeah if you starve anyone they become very thin.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

This is why lapbands/stomach stapling works. Otherwise the body has a genetically set level of metabolism/satiation that is very, very difficult to override.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The problem lies with the fact that no one knows what SC is supposed to be, aside from "sci fi" of some description, they each have their own view of what it is and it rarely aligns with anyone elses. Commandos are often confused of the differences between 'gameplay' and 'chore' and 'in game now' and 'maybe one day' so there's really no helping them at this point.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Star Citizen: I matter... I'm a whale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sabreseven posted:

The problem lies with the fact that no one knows what SC is supposed to be, aside from "sci fi" of some description, they each have their own view of what it is and it rarely aligns with anyone elses. Commandos are often confused of the differences between 'gameplay' and 'chore' and 'in game now' and 'maybe one day' so there's really no helping them at this point.

Its everything to everyone!

From second life in space to a PvP arena to a milsim to a PvE game with more to explore in a single crater than the whole of Skyrim.

BDSSE!