Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

R: "Some women dig mystery, man. It's a thing."
RB: "The only mystery about a date with you is why you just busted into the bedroom with a sheet cake and a raised eyebrow."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ullerrm posted:

R: "Some women dig mystery, man. It's a thing."
RB: "The only mystery about a date with you is why you just busted into the bedroom with a sheet cake and a raised eyebrow."

“Busted in with a <item> and a raised eyebrow” is one of those Achewood phrases that’s remarkably adaptable.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ullerrm posted:

Can diabetes do this?

French dudes also walk several miles each way to buy an artichoke or a fig

Last I checked you'd circle for twenty extra minutes just to get a parkin' spot directly in front of the store

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I was eating this cinnamon bun I got from the state fair, and the icing was fairly thick on it, and I was just thinking about this bit in this strip: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01082007
where Ray and Teodor are mocking Nice Pat's lyrical ability.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Johnny Aztec posted:

I was eating this cinnamon bun I got from the state fair, and the icing was fairly thick on it, and I was just thinking about this bit in this strip: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01082007

Ray has a crush on being high pass it on

Personal spy to the queen!

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 20, 2019

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

I AM THE FATHER OF MODERN DEATH!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

JethroMcB posted:

Personal spy to the queen!
Deniable asset, more like. This useful idiot doesn't even realize the Queen is running an illicit Cake Farts ring.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
How does Nice Pete even know about the IEEE is my question.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
When you know what you want, you figure out who you need to get the job done, if not necessarily all the details.

Logitech QuickCam drivers is DEFINITELY a sense memory of the times, though, drat.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pope Guilty posted:

How does Nice Pete even know about the IEEE is my question.
He's lived in a California city where people who wear lanyards to work continue wearing them outside of work.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Halloween Jack posted:

He's lived in a California city where people who wear lanyards to work continue wearing them outside of work.

That's a thing?!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

A.o.D. posted:

That's a thing?!
It's the easiest way to silently show off that you work for Apple.

In a slightly related way, I remember that during Occupy Wall Street someone wrote on a door of a meeting house "In the minds of the main mattering men, the slow down before the speed up adds to the art of the artifice." That was the wisdom of one Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T Squirrel.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
What's the T stand for?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

In a slightly related way, I remember that during Occupy Wall Street someone wrote on a door of a meeting house "In the minds of the main mattering men, the slow down before the speed up adds to the art of the artifice." That was the wisdom of one Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T Squirrel.

Any good executive can spot a cokehead. A great one can make him a Belushi.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

What's the T stand for?

Todd

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Johnny Aztec posted:

What's the T stand for?

The

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Johnny Aztec posted:

What's the T stand for?

T

It’s like a Harry S Truman thing.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

ullerrm posted:

Any good executive can spot a cokehead. A great one can make him a Belushi.

How do you tell a cokehead he isn't famous though

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Seems impossible

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Johnny Aztec posted:

What's the T stand for?

The Miracle. (Todd insists it's one word.)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

CannonFodder posted:

It's the easiest way to silently show off that you work for Apple.

I'm imagining being the kind of person who cares that other people know you work at a silicon valley joint enough that you advertise it all the time.

Now I'm trying to imagine being the kind of person who cares whether or not someone else works at a tech company.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

A.o.D. posted:

I'm imagining being the kind of person who cares that other people know you work at a silicon valley joint enough that you advertise it all the time.

Now I'm trying to imagine being the kind of person who cares whether or not someone else works at a tech company.

it is 100% a weird flex

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

You know how in American Psycho Bateman is desperate for women to care about his high-powered job, but the only recognition he gets is when people who work in the service industry yell "Die yuppie scum" at him? Like that, but they don't even wear nice suits.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Johnny Aztec posted:

I still bust out "that wizard, he ate it, he ate that coelacanth" and "the boiling log that crushed the orc did bear the wizard's hex" at any opportunity. I will eternally beatbox that dwarf-core.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I use that line to help remember how to say "coelacanth" since Ray rhymed it with Labyrinth.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Why is everyone springing everywhere

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

it's the scariest way of getting around

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

MikeCrotch posted:

Why is everyone springing everywhere

I couldn't reread Tolkien without noticing that everyone is in fact springing everywhere.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B22AWJdh4tc/?igshid=8q6ng4vvez8w

Nice.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
man congress why you even got to do a thing

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Aw congress, not Altimeter Tim, that guy was just goddamned brain dead from bein' on acid and weed his whole life, and I have NO idea how he paid for that little apartment of his, or any of those dumb Japanese figurines that were always showin' up in the mail.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Why did it have to be something from an oft-delayed and totally unfinished arc instead of the Great Outdoor Fight or something?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

Ray has a crush on being high pass it on

Hell, same.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
I only have a crush on Molly Ringwald. I want to kiss her on the titties.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Antivehicular posted:

I still bust out "that wizard, he ate it, he ate that coelacanth" and "the boiling log that crushed the orc did bear the wizard's hex" at any opportunity. I will eternally beatbox that dwarf-core.

The last time I played D&D, I had my Bard do a little Hip-Hobbit and we added it to the setting.

Human and Elf chicks ain't nothin but hoes
Slide me a lass with hairy toes

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

EndOfTheWorld posted:

The last time I played D&D, I had my Bard do a little Hip-Hobbit and we added it to the setting.

Human and Elf chicks ain't nothin but hoes
Slide me a lass with hairy toes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmEWkvB71RE

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

Pretty good Nimoy remix

Asimov fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Sep 30, 2019

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Onstad had a story in Bizarre Adventures #1 from marvel. Havent had a chance to read it yet, but saw that in the blurb. Will report back.

E.

Despite being mentioned everywhere for the solicit for the book, i cant find anything of his in it. Weird.

l33tfuzzbox fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I did not know there was a Nice Pete fried chicken recipe.