Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah i was thinking i'd call myself the anarch as a joke after conquering the world, but uhh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

https://politicsandwar.com/world/color/voting/

If you're playing, click this link, vote to name the black team name to "BLACK Lives Matter" so we can watch the nazis and idiots out themselves.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?
So, I haven't used discord much. I tried to apply in the registration channel and an app loaded but nothing happened.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

If you're playing, click this link, vote to name the black team name to "BLACK Lives Matter" so we can watch the nazis and idiots out themselves.

Whoever came up with this deserves a medal.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Dirt5o8 posted:

So, I haven't used discord much. I tried to apply in the registration channel and an app loaded but nothing happened.

Did you Link your sa account and all they poo poo?
What's your IGN?

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Dirt5o8 posted:

We got it figured out and will process you shortly.

w00tles
Feb 8, 2006

Looks like good times with pubbies. Now I can't resist getting in on this anymore. It's hilarious how automated everything is. Even alliance applications.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

w00tles posted:

Looks like good times with pubbies. Now I can't resist getting in on this anymore. It's hilarious how automated everything is. Even alliance applications.

The best luxary gay space communism is a fully automated one.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I applied, and it looks like im in, but i don't have any access in Discord yet

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

w00tles posted:

The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the forumless, so with our automated discord structure, we are a cutting edge alliance with a solid competitive edge. :toot:

Ineptitude posted:

I applied, and it looks like im in, but i don't have any access in Discord yet

Strange, did you apply ingame or on discord? Everything should be flowing from that.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

What does MDoAP mean? Are we allowed to attack those alliances or not?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

The man called M posted:

What does MDoAP mean? Are we allowed to attack those alliances or not?

Mutual Defense and Optional Aggression Pact.

No, do not attack those alliances. If you get on discord and type !skynet you'll be given targets.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
Trying to join the goon discord, but the invite is invalid, can I get an updated link so I can have goons accept my buttehole nation

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Blister posted:

Trying to join the goon discord, but the invite is invalid, can I get an updated link so I can have goons accept my buttehole nation

https://discord.gg/tDaeUqz

This link should get you there.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Sardonik posted:

Strange, did you apply ingame or on discord? Everything should be flowing from that.

Applied ingame and show as applicant there

Applied on Discord through the bot, which states my application has been submitted

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Just signed up and applied in discord, I loved me some CN with goons a long time ago :getin:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Whatever this bot is supposed to do, I'm pretty sure this ain't it:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Whatever this bot is supposed to do, I'm pretty sure this ain't it:

Once you apply you paste in your SA link
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=171552

and then your nation link. in P&W Under nation click "view" and copy paste that link..
It'll look like this: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=180163
(with your nation ID)

This helps the bot recognize you and do other things that help beat nazzis.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

tater_salad posted:

Once you apply you paste in your SA link
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=171552

and then your nation link. in P&W Under nation click "view" and copy paste that link..
It'll look like this: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=180163
(with your nation ID)

This helps the bot recognize you and do other things that help beat nazzis.

It's not very clear communication, took me half an hour before I realized that was what it was asking.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

It's not very clear communication, took me half an hour before I realized that was what it was asking.

I didn't have trouble with the bot but there was about a 20 minute period before I realized I also needed to apply in-game. I'm dumb.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Bot issues should be fixed, seemed to result from people reacting to another person's %apply

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Finally up and running in terms of being in a squad and having template cities, but this whole thing about having to wait for 5 days (to cap military) before i can do anything else really blows, NGL.

I guess its not so much a goon tactic thing but a problem with the game itself

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ineptitude posted:

Finally up and running in terms of being in a squad and having template cities, but this whole thing about having to wait for 5 days (to cap military) before i can do anything else really blows, NGL.

I guess its not so much a goon tactic thing but a problem with the game itself

My navy got flattened yesterday so while everything else is maxed out, I've only got eight ships to my name :negative: I get why that's how it is but it still stings

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

They've disabled baseball WHAT WILL BECOME OF ME

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Amazing how goons come in to so many games like this, see the obvious thing everyone is doing and then poo poo gets changed/patched/disabled.

It really is a pattern I've noticed.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

my crowning moment was some android space MMO when the starter shuttle ship (respawn) had weapons. I asked the simple question of "Why not just keep attacking with the shuttle) we'd gather up a gang of like 20 goons with shuttles and just zergrush some planet and screw up the pay4play suckers. There ended up being a cooldown on respawned shuttles or they removed the guns or something.

It's easy to break games when you stop and think.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Applied ingame and in discord. Afraid to touch anything in the game. halp

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
The admin nerfed baseball, but it's back at least. This unfair goon persecution in these games, I tell ya what.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
in as Buggus of Bugland. Applied on the 'cord.

e: and also applied on the actual game site.

buglord fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Oct 9, 2019

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Remora posted:

Applied ingame and in discord. Afraid to touch anything in the game. halp

Main thing to remember is that basically anything you do wrong starting out can be fixed easily. We have optimal guides available, but don't stress it if you missed something or already did something else before reading the proper way.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I signed up on discord and nothing happened. And this game's ui/ux are trash (but it looks like maybe it's fun so I will learn it).

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 10, 2019

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Did you apply in game?

Discord bot is a little fucky but I'm some guy will try n fix it.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

tater_salad posted:

Did you apply in game?

Discord bot is a little fucky but I'm some guy will try n fix it.
Yeah, I applied in game before talking to the bot.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

This game is odd. I'm currently losing 3 of 4 wars, but since I'm the only one winning ground battles, that one war I'm winning is getting me enough loot to finance the other three.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
OK, fired up a new nation and applied to the Discord...should I apply in game to the alliance or hold off for now?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I applied to the discord and the alliance. Not really sure what's going on, but I'm playing baseball.

That's what's important, right??

Minty
May 3, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

OAquinas posted:

OK, fired up a new nation and applied to the Discord...should I apply in game to the alliance or hold off for now?

apply to the alliance, stay in beige

Colin Mockery posted:

I applied to the discord and the alliance. Not really sure what's going on, but I'm playing baseball.

That's what's important, right??

yes

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Don't get out of beige just to vote but we're halfway there :toot:

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.
Oh hey this looks cool. I applied in-game and on discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

lol clicking policies makes me an anarchist extreme left

and wtf are these banner ads here

this is a strange place