Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

If I'm channeling blade flurry with blood magic, am I always leeching on hits, or does it flip on and off rapidly? Just curious since I have an enchant with +%damage while leeching.

Unless the cost of your blade flurry is really high and your damage/leech really low, you're probably filling up long before the next tic for spending. Don't quote me on that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Well making a build based on Doryani's Fist turned out to be a terrible idea.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The Locator posted:

Dumb question - how do I price items in stacks? If I set a price of 1c but it's a stack of 10, is that asking for 1c per item or for the stack?

The former but you should set the price as something a little higher like 6/5 c or maybe 15/10.
People are willing to pay extra for bigger stacks because trading for one fossil at a time and individually zoning into each hideout and dealing with all the afk players who never respond to whispers is ungodly torture.
Bonus tip: selling at "15/10"c is different from "3/2", because it means people who use bulk search will see you selling in increments of 10, so they'll only have the option to send a whisper for 10, 20, 30, etc. Helpful when selling stacks of cheap items.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

NofrikinfuN posted:

If I'm channeling blade flurry with blood magic, am I always leeching on hits, or does it flip on and off rapidly? Just curious since I have an enchant with +%damage while leeching.

I'm guessing it is turning off, one way to check is to slot "Damage on Full Life" on the attack and see if your tooltip damage is changing as you attack.

You could always wear a Soul Tether if you want perma-leech.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I bought this at 438 ES for 10 ex and wanted to divine it a little better. 3 divines later:

Excuse me?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Now be a good little market capitalist and sell it on for 15 ex.

In other news, with the sale of the watcher's eye I was sitting on, wild strike elementalist is a go.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

whypick1 posted:

Well making a build based on Doryani's Fist turned out to be a terrible idea.

I played an SSF Doryani's Fist berserker when I happened to pick one up. I learned two important things - super slow attack speed gets you killed quite often and I'm never playing berserker again because losing all your rage stacks because you minimized to chat with someone or look something up sucks. I ended up using chain hook for a while to fill on rage because you could only get one per hit, so good luck casting fist 50 times a map.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I went Raider to counteract the super slow attack speed...I think I need about 15 frenzy charges to make it not feel like total rear end to use.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

edit: Nevermind

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 11, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Ok as an experiment I swapped to Solar Guards and even without optimal auras or gems they still absolutely obliterate, it’s stupid how much better they are than almost every other choice lol.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJxpI6V7mUyDQITwrF47XxQ

Keep an eye on this channel. He's trying to go after and record as many spectres as possible and record them in action.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I finally got the challenge for seven/eight lanes last night. It's amazing how much easier blights are just based on the layout. Eight portals but they were all stretched a far distance and all followed two branches for most of it. All I had to do was bounce back and forth and mow them back. I'm at 22 now, but I'm either going to need some rng blessings or serious grinding to get the last two.

Anoint a blight unique? If I had one!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

If you're not ssf, you can just...buy one.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

The gloves cost 15c and you can immediately resell them after you annoit them.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

silvergoose posted:

If you're not ssf, you can just...buy one.

I am SSF and I keep forgetting trade exists. Are the challenges tracked separately for SSF?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

I am SSF and I keep forgetting trade exists. Are the challenges tracked separately for SSF?

Nope, they're account wide

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

Nope, they're account wide

In that case, I wonder if I can punt one of my alts out of ssf with like 20c and some oils and be done with it. Do they carry whatever is in their inventory when they migrate?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

In that case, I wonder if I can punt one of my alts out of ssf with like 20c and some oils and be done with it. Do they carry whatever is in their inventory when they migrate?

Yes you can, yes they do.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Make sure it's high enough level to trade though

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

NofrikinfuN posted:

I finally got the challenge for seven/eight lanes last night. It's amazing how much easier blights are just based on the layout. Eight portals but they were all stretched a far distance and all followed two branches for most of it. All I had to do was bounce back and forth and mow them back. I'm at 22 now, but I'm either going to need some rng blessings or serious grinding to get the last two.

Complete these encounters II is really simple and you should be able to do it. You can lower shavronnes health then just wait until her energy shield recharges and use a low level chaos skill.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Bloodly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJxpI6V7mUyDQITwrF47XxQ

Keep an eye on this channel. He's trying to go after and record as many spectres as possible and record them in action.

Holy poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJPhP5CEaIY
Do those little srs guys benefit from the spectre's support gems? Imagine all the server crashes you could cause by slotting in lesser poison.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

Ok as an experiment I swapped to Solar Guards and even without optimal auras or gems they still absolutely obliterate, it’s stupid how much better they are than almost every other choice lol.

What did you switch from and what else have you tried? I'm partial to frost sentinels - the clear is maybe better better and definitely safer than solar guards, but boss dps is much worse. Skeletons in a big hat solve that handily, though.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

pork never goes bad posted:

What did you switch from and what else have you tried? I'm partial to frost sentinels - the clear is maybe better better and definitely safer than solar guards, but boss dps is much worse. Skeletons in a big hat solve that handily, though.

I thought Slave Drivers were supposed to be the best Spectre choice this league.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Holy poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJPhP5CEaIY
Do those little srs guys benefit from the spectre's support gems? Imagine all the server crashes you could cause by slotting in lesser poison.

jesus loving christ

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I know, right?

What an rear end in a top hat for picking that song.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

The Locator posted:

I thought Slave Drivers were supposed to be the best Spectre choice this league.

Best single target, worse clear than those other two. Not their clear speed is bad though especially when supported by zombies

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah I went slave drivers and zombies and clear was mostly limited by my shield charge speed

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

If I had Static Strike and Ball Lightning linked to cast on crit, could the beams from Static Strike crit and trigger Ball Lightning, or just the strike itself?

I have a helmet that could make this effectively a 6 link, so I was thinking Static Strike -> CoC -> Ball Lightning - Added Lightning Damage -> Increased AoE (helm) -> Innervate (helm). The helmet also has a plus one projectile enchant for ball lightning.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

For minions this league you just need to assign each minion you want to use a role and then optimize them around that role. For spectre builds, there's basically 4 approaches. The roles you've got to cover are aoe clear and bossing. Ideally you'd have some utility minions too.

1 - spectres for both clear and bossing.
2 - spectres for clear, another minion for bossing.
3 - spectres for bossing, another minion for clear. This is mostly a non-starter.
4 - spectres for support, another minion for clear and bossing. Think carnage chieftains for charges. Or a spectre with a curse.

By deciding what you want your spectres to do, you can make better choices about what to select. Slave Drivers are probably the best bossing spectre but their clear isn't brilliant. Solar Guards clear better, but are worse for bossing. Frost Sentinels are further down that road.

Once you've a sense of what roles you want various minions to play, you can tune supports. Since I want to use vaal skellies for bosses, I probably also want to use Hatred. It's the biggest dps boost in that aura slot. So then I probably want to use a cold spectre. If, in contrast, I had settled on solar guard spectres I'd end up running suboptimal skeletons.

There's no single answer on which spectre is best - it depends on the other choices you've made in your build. Slave Drivers are probably strongest if your other minions are just utility - zombies with wrath applied, elemental army, and feeding frenzy don't do much to clear but they boost the gently caress out of the slave drivers. If you want your zombies to do significant dps though, I'd recommend hatred, probably triad grip, and using frost sentinels as the spectre to increase screen coverage.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

MMF Freeway posted:

Best single target, worse clear than those other two. Not their clear speed is bad though especially when supported by zombies

Quite a bit of the testing has shown them to have the best clear if you're constantly rushing forward, especially with shield charge. If you are able to drag them through the map they explode packs far faster than other spectres, but won't run off screen as far. Solar Guards are only better if you're moving slower and letting the spectres control themselves more.

EDIT: This is somewhat map layout reliant also, linear tunnel maps favor slavedrivers heavily. Wide open maps favor Solar Guards.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

NofrikinfuN posted:

If I had Static Strike and Ball Lightning linked to cast on crit, could the beams from Static Strike crit and trigger Ball Lightning, or just the strike itself?

I have a helmet that could make this effectively a 6 link, so I was thinking Static Strike -> CoC -> Ball Lightning - Added Lightning Damage -> Increased AoE (helm) -> Innervate (helm). The helmet also has a plus one projectile enchant for ball lightning.

Yes, the only issue is that the beams have a cap of how often they're strike so they can't hit the coc cap by themselves.

Cinara posted:

Quite a bit of the testing has shown them to have the best clear if you're constantly rushing forward, especially with shield charge. If you are able to drag them through the map they explode packs far faster than other spectres, but won't run off screen as far. Solar Guards are only better if you're moving slower and letting the spectres control themselves more.

EDIT: This is somewhat map layout reliant also, linear tunnel maps favor slavedrivers heavily. Wide open maps favor Solar Guards.

Hmm this may explain why I wasn't initially sold on them early on in the league and stuck with solars but when I switched to them later after zealotry was disabled they felt great since I was moving a lot faster by then.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Or you can just say gently caress it and do whatever and still have your minions clear uber elder basically as fast as they can run back and forth between elder and shaper in the boss room.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I’m also partial to Goatman Fire-Raisers for a solid Spectre pick. With GMP, their fireballs can get pretty silly. Plus, if you’re running HoAg, a Mark of Submission with projectile weakness slotted is tasty. None of this is probably “optimal”, though. But, you really don’t have to be as a Necro this league.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Dance Officer posted:

Now be a good little market capitalist and sell it on for 15 ex.

In other news, with the sale of the watcher's eye I was sitting on, wild strike elementalist is a go.

Do you have a pob planned for wild strike elementalist?

Elranthan
Jul 10, 2005

Wut?
just got this and wonder if its actually worth anything

Elranthan fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 11, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

pork never goes bad posted:

I was using Bone Husks because they’re base physical but it just doesn’t matter lol.

Slave drivers are good but their desired supports don’t synergize very well with phantasms, and I enjoy watching minions shoot 5 billion projectiles from 2 screens away.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm playing zoo with 11 skels, 10 zombies, carrion golem, stone golem, four ape chieftain spectres, and skitterbots

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Xeras posted:

Do you have a pob planned for wild strike elementalist?

https://pastebin.com/2SULJuja

Lightning Wild Strike Staff Elementalist with a side of Golems. Combat Focus jewels obviously mandatory, and I think Inpulsa's, Anima Stone, and Primordial Chain as well. So the build costs a few exalts just to get started up. If you can't run a crafted weapon, go for Hegemony's Era. Starkonja's or Devoto's probably mandatory as well, for the dex.

I use Oskarm for a bunch of crit and rear end Mark on hit, but getting enough resists on the rest of your gear will be expensive. If you can't afford that, put rear end mark in a lvl1 CWDT setup. A curse on hit ring with some resists/life is probably the optimal but most expensive solution.

As for the golems, I'm still in white maps, and the golem gem levels are still low, but it's looking like they'll have to be summoned every once in a while. This will probably be a hassle during boss fights.

I think the rest should be pretty self evident.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, I edited the Anima Stone to reflect what 8 golems really give you in terms of damage and buffs.

And I'm planning on using Tribal Fury for the anointment. If you don't want it, or can't afford it, put Ancestral Call into the Wild Strike setup, and swap it out with something like Ruthless for bossing. AC helps a lot with mapping.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 12, 2019

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Feeling a bit lost after finishing storyline on my heiro flame totem guy. It’s my starter so I don’t really have anything exciting and probably can’t afford to trade for anything. Is the progression now basically to try and fill more of the map atlas up and do deeper delve depths?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yes