Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Kurtofan posted:

I dotn knoz if this is makes it more detestable or more relatable

it's extremely surreal to witness a hype beast execution, for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it's extremely brutally honest to witness a hype beast execution, for sure

FTFY. It's only the wonders of modern Twitter and Youtube that has allowed this poo poo (that happens all the drat time with smarter scumbags, that don't film themselves doing it) to become transparent to a wider audience, while titties remain strictly verboten.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lawman 0 posted:

In all honesty they are much more talented than the Saudis

Sort of a low bar I imagine from a military point of view.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yeah it takes a lot of talent to let your infantry go before the tanks.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
also they're letting expendable FSA auxiliaries do most of the actual foot slogging and therefore most of the dying

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/laraseligman/status/1183176786642948096

I am sorry for wishing for an intra-NATO war on a moneky's paw everybody

Main Paineframe posted:

seems like a better comparison would be the Algiers putsch a few years later, an attempted coup by generals mad that France was pulling out of some of its imperial conquests, and the OAS fascist terrorist group which was founded by soldiers and ex-soldiers to disrupt peace negotiations by assassinating politicians and committing acts of extreme violence

having the US military engage in a coup of the US government because they're mad about foreign policy moves would be extremely bad poo poo

I didn't even realize this happened multiple times

Settlers are loving psycho. I'm not sure if US special forces can really match that energy by themselves.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

lmao there would be like at least 3 coup attempts if bernie or aoc got elected

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

nato will never dissolve and turkey will never be kicked out. turkey is the second most important nation in nato after the united states. second largest army in nato after the united states and second largest in military expenditure after the united states. and to top it all off nato will not dissolve just because some ethnic group the west allied with to defeat isis is being cleansed by turkey from its homeland. they've served their purpose now its time to let them be destroyed. the united states foreign policy wonks, and for that matter european too, dont give a poo poo about the kurds even after all their lofty humanitarian talk. this is realpolitik at its finest. this is how the geopolitical sausage is made. the powerful always win. always.

I dunno, the Kurds alone may not be the reason NATO breaks up but it's another crack in the foundation. The international liberal world order that's been in place for 75 years is rotting in numerous ways, and two biggest NATO members being on opposite sides of a conflict is one example of that. No one believes in NATO anymore and frankly no American outside of Washington believe in internationalism either. It'll take a bigger kick than the Kurds to break it up, but NATO is doomed.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I dunno, the Kurds alone may not be the reason NATO breaks up but it's another crack in the foundation. The international liberal world order that's been in place for 75 years is rotting in numerous ways, and two biggest NATO members being on opposite sides of a conflict is one example of that. No one believes in NATO anymore and frankly no American outside of Washington believe in internationalism either. It'll take a bigger kick than the Kurds to break it up, but NATO is doomed.

NATO was only coherent when it had a existential threat of Russian tanks rolling through the Fulda Gap.

It doesn't make sense post-Cold War especially given how the number of states with competing interests like Turkey has only increased over time.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
pretty sure the West is just virtue signalling and they dont give a flying gently caress about the Kurds and Turkey is doing exactly what they like

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

most don't care, and the ones who do fear Turkey unleashing a "horde" of immigrants on them. Erdogan

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Frijolero posted:

pretty sure the West is just virtue signalling and they dont give a flying gently caress about the Kurds and Turkey is doing exactly what they like

it's not even virtue signalling, the likes of Graham, et al are clutching their pearls only because Iran

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

it's not even virtue signalling, the likes of Graham, et al are clutching their pearls only because Iran

Lmao except he got prank called and revealed he dosen't give a gently caress

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Maybe if we go kick Turkey's rear end we can just create Kurdistan finally

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
In trumps voice "the pee kay kay"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Atrocious Joe posted:

I didn't even realize this happened multiple times

Settlers are loving psycho. I'm not sure if US special forces can really match that energy by themselves.

Its almost as if the process of willingly going into a foreign land where the local populace is being oppressed by your side is a self selecting process for the most hosed up individuals.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1183270440254562304?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Global_Mil_Info/status/1183183910764765186?s=19
https://twitter.com/LizSly/status/1182718434259324929?s=19

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Grapplejack posted:

balkanizing the mid-east: an anti-imperialist take

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The BBC has an article about the executions and the only mention of the kurds is "turkey calls the YPG a terrorist insurgent group"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Bbc is poo poo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

David Cameron turned the BBC into a Tory network

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

David Cameron turned the BBC into a Tory network

its always been state propaganda his government just worked to make it much more incestuous with the rest of the garbage fash press

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/1183139104659300354?s=21

it's crazy how much she sucks

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1183...ingawful.com%2F

US forces withdrawing completely.

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Hundreds of ISIS members are being freed by Turkish backed jihadis.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Gently lolling at all the chuds who were gloating about how Trump defeated ISIS

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the hard men with guns... are too hard now. who could have forseen this

quote:

Well, I did believe, which is why I advocated this, that if we were to carefully vet, train, and equip early on a core group of the developing Free Syrian Army, we would, number one, have some better insight into what was going on on the ground. Two, we would have been helped in standing up a credible political opposition, which would prove to be very difficult, because there was this constant struggle between what was largely an exile group outside of Syria trying to claim to be the political opposition, and the people on the ground, primarily those doing the fighting and dying, who rejected that, and we were never able to bridge that, despite a lot of efforts that Robert and others made.

So I did think that eventually, and I said this at the time, in a conflict like this, the hard men with the guns are going to be the more likely actors in any political transition than those on the outside just talking. And therefore we needed to figure out how we could support them on the ground, better equip them, and we didn’t have to go all the way, and I totally understand the cautions that we had to contend with, but we’ll never know. And I don’t think we can claim to know.
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/08/hillary-clinton-failure-to-help-syrian-rebels-led-to-the-rise-of-isis/375832/

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

one man named Recep Tayyip Erdogan

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Hentai Jihadist posted:

The BBC has an article about the executions and the only mention of the kurds is "turkey calls the YPG a terrorist insurgent group"

rewatch the video. There are guns by the bodies, apparently. can't actually check.

nvm different video

wisconsingreg has issued a correction as of 16:27 on Oct 13, 2019

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/NPA_SY/status/1183398298100621312

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Grapplejack posted:

Why would America betray one of its most stable and powerful allies for a colonized people?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I dont even like assad but i hope they kick the rear end of turkey

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
fuckin' lol at this whole mess

9/11 part 2: electric boogaloo is gonna be well deserved

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Listen Here Bud...

AMERICA

Deserved Another 9/11

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/_Caki__/status/1183350394426187776

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the lion assad leaps into the fray to protect the ypg simbas from the hyena turks

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
So are the Turkish "rebels" invading the North also the same jihadists that the US armed and funded, or they're different?

Trying to understand how stupid this whole thing is

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Frijolero posted:

So are the Turkish "rebels" invading the North also the same jihadists that the US armed and funded, or they're different?

Trying to understand how stupid this whole thing is

yes and also they're stay behind jihadists the turks have been savingfor a real special occasion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Wait so will Syria be a part of NATO now too or at least the part that Turkey annexes? Are the green berets going to redeploy after they officially declare it NATO ground to fight ISIS again?