Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’ve run some numbers and I can say that a 0-6 start is not great, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

zac taylor should just start calling youtube plays

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I can't wait for the first battle of Ohio.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
https://twitter.com/Moonlightswami/status/1183482488984866816?s=20

That’s my drat quarterback!!!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I still don't agree that it's all the WRs fault. Baker is throwing so many balls behind his receivers and forcing them to turn their body, slow down, or stop for the ball. They catch lots of them like this, but invariably some of them, especially quick routes like slants, are going to end up popped up for ints.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
These guys can catch the ball with one hand in a hurricane at practice, if they can’t catch it thrown slightly behind them they should be cleaning the jock straps of the receivers who can!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Bigass Moth posted:

These guys can catch the ball with one hand in a hurricane at practice, if they can’t catch it thrown slightly behind them they should be cleaning the jock straps of the receivers who can!

Why is one of their hands in a hurricane? That doesn't make sense.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Listen pal I don’t make the rules here.

Unless....

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ugh. A guy got a first state record Hermit Warbler today. I'm happy for him. But I wish I could get a truly rare warbler like that. And I've also never had a first state or even a first county record. There's too many good birders around here.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I saw a cool blue looking bird this weekend? Maybe a blue jay? I don’t know birds either ways go Browns.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Maybe MD Birding can trade me to some underbirded county in some state for some extra equipment or something.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

So, the question is: is hermit warbler elite?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Ugh. A guy got a first state record Hermit Warbler today. I'm happy for him. But I wish I could get a truly rare warbler like that. And I've also never had a first state or even a first county record. There's too many good birders around here.

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1183480735560163328

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Bowns! BROWNS! BROWNS! *grumble bumble mumble* :doom:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the raven is my favorite type of seagull

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Kawalimus posted:

Maybe MD Birding can trade me to some underbirded county in some state for some extra equipment or something.

I saw a Ruffed grouse the other day. I enjoyed it and might look out for other birds sometime. Thanks for posting about birds.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

One time i saw a white owl in Baltimore while i was waiting for the bus. Even it looked confused why it was there.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

chamois posted:

One time i saw a white owl in Baltimore while i was waiting for the bus. Even it looked confused why it was there.

Snowy Owls have irrupted in several years this past decade. Kind of crazy to see them around here when it does happen. I saw one near Havre De Grace and one in Delaware just outside Bombay Hook.

SlipUp posted:

I saw a Ruffed grouse the other day. I enjoyed it and might look out for other birds sometime. Thanks for posting about birds.

Cool. I saw one once in Maine but never had one in MD. Sometimes people see them out in the western part of the state.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Today I saw a Canada Goose

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Is there a bird that can fly upside down

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Metapod posted:

Kawalimus?

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i seen a coqui francolin in cincinnata

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I consulted my psychic and asked her how many playoff games the Ravens would win this season and when her eyes rolled back she said...the Browns are good actually?!? I demanded my money back.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

How do you “get” a bird? See it? What does a state record mean? First to see it in your state?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

How do you “get” a bird? See it? What does a state record mean? First to see it in your state?

Yeah. It's hard to do but it would be really cool. Especially these days most of it is just raw luck and persistence. I would be happy with a county record. I'm not into county/state birding as much as a lot of people but getting an actual first record in one would be real cool. But probably won't ever happen for me cause I don't have the means to just bird 24/7 like some of these people seem to.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Do you have any objections to me trying to kill every Canadian Goose in Cleveland?

They're huge loving assholes who just poo poo everywhere.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Doctor Butts posted:

Do you have any objections to me trying to kill every Canadian Goose in Cleveland?

https://youtu.be/MWQAJxQfayo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doctor Butts posted:

I mean I wouldn't kill the browns fanbase off but I sure wont stop you

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Doctor Butts posted:

Canada geese are one of my least fav birds and i hate how they poo poo everywhere and its repulsive poo poo at that. And often ill be trying to sneak around quietly and one of them will start obnoxiously honking and ruin it. So go hog wild! Maybe leave the Cackling Geese(canada goose-like species thats about the size of a mallard) alive.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Where are the Ravens going to play Marcus Peters? Humphrey has one side, Smith the other when he gets back this week or next game. I wouldn't think Peters is the sort who could play much inside or at safety. A 9 mil 10 game rental which could lead to a comp pick or extension if he plays well. Unless they prorate the cap hit per game? Very interesting move.

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Where are the Ravens going to play Marcus Peters? Humphrey has one side, Smith the other when he gets back this week or next game. I wouldn't think Peters is the sort who could play much inside or at safety. A 9 mil 10 game rental which could lead to a comp pick or extension if he plays well. Unless they prorate the cap hit per game? Very interesting move.
Zrebiec suggested that they will move Carr to safety and rotate the other three with slot duties. Not really the worst move they could make, though I'm going to be fascinated to see how their proposed no-ILB defense works.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Arkhams Razor posted:

Zrebiec suggested that they will move Carr to safety and rotate the other three with slot duties. Not really the worst move they could make, though I'm going to be fascinated to see how their proposed no-ILB defense works.

Ray Lewis is coming out of retirement!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't understand talking about replacing and shifting players around. you may think it's a big deal but the bengals do this with their offensive line six or seven times per game and it doesn't matter

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Doctor Butts posted:

I'm a Canadian-American so kindly don't kill my brothers from the North, I know they can be assholes though.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I swear there was a play against the Saints like 15 years ago where the Ravens had Ray stay by himself near the DL and everyone else dropped back into coverage so pretend I posted a picture of that which may or may not have actually happened

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the ravens have heavily rotated cb's in the past so in the hypothetical world where jimmy smith is not always injured every single second of every single day they probably just rest marlon on like 20% of snaps and rotate jimmy a bunch

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah. It's hard to do but it would be really cool. Especially these days most of it is just raw luck and persistence. I would be happy with a county record. I'm not into county/state birding as much as a lot of people but getting an actual first record in one would be real cool. But probably won't ever happen for me cause I don't have the means to just bird 24/7 like some of these people seem to.

Is it an honor system or do you have to provide some form of proof that you actually saw one, like a picture?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Is it an honor system or do you have to provide some form of proof that you actually saw one, like a picture?

You collect a wing. They grow back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Marcus peters loving sucks