Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
would a town recruiter be broken in this setup, or...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
As much as I'd be down to lynch someone who isn't me, Sandwolf's 'lynch all 3p' stuff is pretty in line with at least one town game of his I remember. I had to search for it, but I found it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822372&pagenumber=32&perpage=40#post473562985 (he flipped Vt in this game)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Sandwolf posted:

Here’s a game then: lynch merk with me, and if I’m still coasting TOMORROW on this, then you can call me scum for it.

I’m trying to NOT make a big deal out of this 3P poo poo. We should have just lynched him and gone on to day 2. He’s gonna end up slipping the loving noose and we’re gonna kill some random town member and then we will have this constant specter over us of: “Well, do we kill merk now?” Because YES he’s a survivor NOW but IF HE GETS ALIGNMENT FLIPPED we have NO IDEA when to kill him.

Ho hum

No more a constant specter for merk than anyone else. Someone I read as towny today may not be tomorrow.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SolusLunes posted:

No more a constant specter for merk than anyone else. Someone I read as towny today may not be tomorrow.

idk about you, but if i see the "number" be the same at the end of day as the beginning of the next, i won't suspect anyone's been flipped

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
check the OP. he said the number will be shown start AND end of day

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

As much as I'd be down to lynch someone who isn't me, Sandwolf's 'lynch all 3p' stuff is pretty in line with at least one town game of his I remember. I had to search for it, but I found it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822372&pagenumber=32&perpage=40#post473562985 (he flipped Vt in this game)

Why are you going through this effort to help me..? When I’m clamoring for your lunch, and really, don’t whanna lunch anyone but you.

Also, yes, as town, you should always be anti-3P and to not be is to be manipulated by the scum with light arguments (like Monathin’s).

Like how can you be stupid enough to think someone who is “third party-aligned” would be at the mercy of the town, they’re gonna backstab you fuckers at any point.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Here's the best case I've found so far. Infinitum is scum because:
1. He happily jumps onto voting me with full responsibility pushed onto Sandwolf (although I'm a claimed 3p, scum often jump onto reasonings from other people to distance themselves from a non-scum lynch); and
2. He happily jumps into setup spec discussion; BALANCED AGAINST
3. He has done zero actual scum hunting.

Infinitum posted:

Hooti hoo
Run for cover mother fucker

##vote Merk

(Sandwolf makes a good argument)

Infinitum posted:

Merk + Steak some combo of 3P + Scum

Both bad.
Merk first because he ruined jokephase

Infinitum posted:

Could be a number of different scenarios here:
- Would like to strike out bad faith info from the game mod, so we assume this info is 'correct'
- It also doesn't exclude the possibility that people can 'hide' from the AI, and not be counted
- Regardless of their individual alignments, it basically boils the game down to Town Vs Not Town numbers.
- Going to game theory a bit and suggest that number will be in flux constantly, and we will likely see an increase due to alignment fuckery
- the AI is also listed as useless

~data~

lol get fuuuuuckkkked

何だこれは?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote infi

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

Oh yeah? Well how are you gonna analyze his behavior as scum when he has admitted his behavior isn’t coming from town but purely self-serving 3rd party? Riddle me that, buddy

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SolusLunes posted:

yeah I uh what

why would you not go for someone that's scum, and expect the scum/3p to take care of him

Merk says multiple scum teams? And i assume we have cops vigs other crazy poo poo to suss out the truth of sandwolf. We know merk is 3p by his own admission. Working with facts not conjecture.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

Why are you going through this effort to help me..? When I’m clamoring for your lunch, and really, don’t whanna lunch anyone but you.

Also, yes, as town, you should always be anti-3P and to not be is to be manipulated by the scum with light arguments (like Monathin’s).

Like how can you be stupid enough to think someone who is “third party-aligned” would be at the mercy of the town, they’re gonna backstab you fuckers at any point.

I said I’d hunt scum. I don’t think you’re it.

To be frank, I’m finding scum today and living. Watch me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Comment on that Infi case while you’re at it, sad wolf.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

I said I’d hunt scum. I don’t think you’re it.

alright well im not convinced on infi so youve got more work to do

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

check the OP. he said the number will be shown start AND end of day

ah, I missed that part, I had thought it was only start of day

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Merk says multiple scum teams? And i assume we have cops vigs other crazy poo poo to suss out the truth of sandwolf. We know merk is 3p by his own admission. Working with facts not conjecture.

No, I'm saying why would you leave scumhunting to scum? That just seems very counterproductive. I don't like it.

Sandwolf posted:

Oh yeah? Well how are you gonna analyze his behavior as scum when he has admitted his behavior isn’t coming from town but purely self-serving 3rd party? Riddle me that, buddy

the same way I'd do it for anyone else, I guess? I don't find it particularly compelling or urgent to lynch a non-killing 3p role day 1, especially given that I'm inclined to believe the claim.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Comment on that Infi case while you’re at it, sad wolf.

I don’t want to cuz it’s good and it’ll help you dodge the noose.

Thank you

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

I reckon you’re probably right about the second half, sigh.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t want to cuz it’s good and it’ll help you dodge the noose.

Thank you

Yeah, that's probably what I would have written as town. As scum, I'd be worried this brash approach would bite me in the rear end in later days.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

alright well im not convinced on infi so youve got more work to do

Can you at least comment on the case? This isn't scum hunting, and you're my #2 candidate.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SolusLunes posted:

I don't find it particularly compelling or urgent to lynch a non-killing 3p role day 1, especially given that I'm inclined to believe the claim.

watch him be a serial killer following the sk playbook to the letter

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

I'd need to be a ninja SK for this move to make any sense, but I appreciate the thought.

Do you have any actual scum hunting that you're going to do today or are you just going to theorize on me?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

##vote AA

Mr. Steak posted:

more sk wins are needed imo

but again, idgaf about 3p this early in the game

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

Do you have any actual scum hunting that you're going to do today

isn't binus in this game?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

##unvote

I'll be reading you, pal

What do you think of the Infi case? Can you judge me on that instead of joining this bandwagon?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

What do you think of the Infi case? Can you judge me on that instead of joining this bandwagon?

tbf it’s a bandwagon you yourself would have led

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SolusLunes posted:

ah, I missed that part, I had thought it was only start of day

No, I'm saying why would you leave scumhunting to scum? That just seems very counterproductive. I don't like it.

the same way I'd do it for anyone else, I guess? I don't find it particularly compelling or urgent to lynch a non-killing 3p role day 1, especially given that I'm inclined to believe the claim.

Because the teams are opposed im assuming?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

tbf it’s a bandwagon you yourself would have led

Hey, I'm not saying you're scum. You're doing something markedly different from what AA is doing. You came out of the gate immediately and said 'lets lynch this dude - he's 3p' whereas AA tested the waters, said he'd give me a shot at finding scum, dove into setup spec, and then voted me with no explanation. AA came into this was a scum mind set... wanting to see what is happening before casting a vote.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Because the teams are opposed im assuming?

Yeah but I'm very, very concerned about the fact that you're willing to, and this is my understanding,

say you're fine with not scumhunting because the scum team(s) will do it.

That's why I'm voting you. That is an extremely bad take.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

I will consider your case work in earnest when you are dead.

You have already admitted that you too would push on a claim like you've made.

You are not town, right?

Easy enough.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

You are not town, right?

Easy enough.

hahahaha no you won't, town never goes back to see what cases a dead person was pushing, come on

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SolusLunes posted:

Yeah but I'm very, very concerned about the fact that you're willing to, and this is my understanding,

say you're fine with not scumhunting because the scum team(s) will do it.

That's why I'm voting you. That is an extremely bad take.

Yeah that's just a bad distillation of my proposed d1 play.

We have a confessed non town on day 1. His win con is not our own. We cannot trust him.

That's significantly more concrete than whatever flimsy opinions people hold about each other's play at this point.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Hey, I'm not saying you're scum. You're doing something markedly different from what AA is doing. You came out of the gate immediately and said 'lets lynch this dude - he's 3p' whereas AA tested the waters, said he'd give me a shot at finding scum, dove into setup spec, and then voted me with no explanation. AA came into this was a scum mind set... wanting to see what is happening before casting a vote.

No I agree with you, I think AA’s thought process is a lot more..conscientious than, say, steak’s (which is just erratic as hell).

I was just taking issue with the term “bandwagon,” as if to say, lynching you is not the best move today. Because it is.

Lynching merk the 3P is the best move today. Not a bandwagon if you join, it’s merely the intelligent and rational thing to do.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

hahahaha no you won't, town never goes back to see what cases a dead person was pushing, come on

I promise if we lynch merk I’ll come back and pick up his infi case.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SolusLunes posted:

This is a bad axiom, and largely my playstyle is lurking then catching up en masse by rereading player posts so i have to disagree.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Im fine being dunked in any situation. Come at me plebs, but rue the day you let a confessed 3p live

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I am a flawless golden god, come at me you baby back snitches.

Doit!DOIT!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Renminbi is to United States Dollar as yuan is to cash

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Renminbi is to United States Dollar as yuan is to cash

que

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I dunno I just hated the Dennis Reynold’s vibe AA was throwing off and I can never tell if it’s a scumtell or a town move

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

I dunno I just hated the Dennis Reynold’s vibe AA was throwing off and I can never tell if it’s a scumtell or a town move

as someone who's absolutely not dug in in this alignment read, and certainly never has problems backing off tunneling on someone who's town

he scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

You are not town, right?

Easy enough.

##vote AA

You can't even comment on a case?