Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Gonna go ahead and say that selling a manual 5-series to buy an automatic X5 is, in fact, shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
X5s from like 10 years ago were the best looking generation. modern bmw cuv/suvs look terrible

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Gonna go ahead and say that selling a manual 5-series to buy an automatic X5 is, in fact, shameful

I agree but what if it accompanies an M3? eventually

I did make a pact to never buy a BMW "SUV" but they do drive really well and hide their bulk and a used one would be an acceptable place to toss a drooling golden retriever.

I had zero problems in 7 years with my 535 but I do not trust the X5's at all...........so maybe a Honda Passport/CRV and an M3 instead. I will also add that the manual transmission wasn't really a great fit with a bulky modern 5er, it was sort of in the way.

BraveUlysses posted:

X5s from like 10 years ago were the best looking generation. modern bmw cuv/suvs look terrible

Yeah, the 2008-2013 versions were great looking. Finding clean ones is tough now and the electronics would be a huge risk and I don't know if i'd trust one on a long road trip. :smith:

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 18, 2019

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Keyser_Soze posted:

I agree but what if it accompanies an M3? eventually

I did make a pact to never buy a BMW "SUV" but they do drive really well and hide their bulk and a used one would be an acceptable place to toss a drooling golden retriever.

I had zero problems in 7 years with my 535 but I do not trust the X5's at all...........so maybe a Honda Passport/CRV and an M3 instead. I will also add that the manual transmission wasn't really a great fit with a bulky modern 5er, it was sort of in the way.

Yeah, the 2008-2013 versions were great looking. Finding clean ones is tough now and the electronics would be a huge risk and I don't know if i'd trust one on a long road trip. :smith:

You need the M3. For your alternative car buy a Land Cruiser. Seriously. If you are gunshy about a Land Cruiser then get a Lexus GX460. I am having a riot with my 100 series.

X5 chat; my neighbor friend that runs the service dept of the BMW dealership has told me the current generation of off-lease X5's are excellent. Wouldn't advise the V8 out of warranty (duh) but the turbo 6 is really high praise, the plug in hybrid is supposed to be really good too. He said the X5 fit and finish is tight as a drum. With my wife driving the M3 a lot more this summer she has expressed some desire for an X5 (her dream car since becoming a mom). I could see us getting an off lease model in a year or so, but I will probably try to sway her into a 200 series Land Cruiser.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Got my first ticket in the M3! Was I doing a burnout or sliding around a corner? Of course not! Got hit for 11 over at a spot where the speed limit drops 10 mph. Wonder what that's gonna cost to get reduced?

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Figured out what the gurgling noise was when the brakes were depressed

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

hitze posted:

Figured out what the gurgling noise was when the brakes were depressed

You let the magic smoke goo out!

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
why does your brake booster have diarrhea

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

And it’s Lucas too.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

New entry for the Bristol chart found. This is one for the books.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://streamable.com/rtevm

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Man I’ve been there after a night of drinking

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Our "gentleman in the sac" put some car stereo stuff in his ///BMW///

mattdev posted:

Easy access for Bass level control, as well as a button to select between preset tune files switching front seat priority vs front and back seat.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
m3 front end apparently spotted

hahaha what the gently caress

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
noooOOOOOOO

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Lightbulb Out posted:

Worse than I thought... and I thought it'd be bad.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
BMW what are you doing?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I was hoping that BMW was conducting a survey with the test mule of that ugliness but apparently they will be pandering to the morons looking for more "progress." :smith:

Oh well, that makes my search for a "fake M3/M4" take a bit more of a priority now since this will be the last decent looking BMW for a while. My back is hurting already thinking about crawling into it, though. :corsair:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Lightbulb Out posted:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

meatpimp posted:

Our "gentleman in the sac" put some car stereo stuff in his ///BMW///
idk why you think this is so egregious. have you ever been inside an m-sport BMW, the ///M is plastered all over everything

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Porsche doing it right with their GT cars, then we have BMW.......

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

idk why you think this is so egregious. have you ever been inside an m-sport BMW, the ///M is plastered all over everything

I thought he was talking about the driving gloves guy, but it's a different person.

Also, the guy's install seems pretty cool.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

idk why you need to comment on how you think I'm wrong in two different threads.

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I thought he was talking about the driving gloves guy, but it's a different person.

Also, the guy's install seems pretty cool.

Yup, cool install. Adding more ///Ms to a car seems like trying too hard to me, but :shrug:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

meatpimp posted:

idk why you need to comment on how you think I'm wrong in two different threads.
because you're being a dick for no reason in two different threads?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Ugh. Well, at least BMW's out for the future.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Lightbulb Out posted:

tesla: no grill

BMW: G̸̡̫͚͌R̵̪͚̤̃I̵̥̔͛͒L̵̰͌̚͜͝L̶̺͌͊̄

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

because you're being a dick for no reason in two different threads?

Hun, I'm being a dick in way more than two threads. :wink:

In grille news, which is the worse interpretation of a cowcatcher grille, the new M3 grille:

or the Toyota Avalon TRD grille:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what a fender bender on these all grill cars costs.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

meatpimp posted:

Hun, I'm being a dick in way more than two threads. :wink:

In grille news, which is the worse interpretation of a cowcatcher grille, the new M3 grille:

or the Toyota Avalon TRD grille:

forget the grill, why is there a TRD version of an avalon in the first place

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Epic Bro Grandpa wants to set the best time down to the Marie Callendar's and back on a Sunday morning?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is that the M3 or the M4? The post and image say different things

It's fun to finally be able to say "They haven't made a good BMW since the year of my BMW"

Keep making the bad poo poo forever

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

It's :smugdog: the car!

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

dk2m posted:

forget the grill, why is there a TRD version of an avalon in the first place

Same reason there's M and AMG versions of so many non-sporty models. Manufacturer makes an insane margin on these models, and people will buy them because they want the best, most expensive model of whatever they buy.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
it's so the suburban bro-truck family in their TRD Tundra can also have a TRD bro-Avalon.

or.....

quote:

While you might still think of grandpa when seeing this updated large sedan, this gramps will show up to Thanksgiving dinner and down a few whiskey sours, and then take off his shirt.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a28967486/2020-toyota-avalon-trd-drive/

looks better than the BMW and wouldn't it be stepping Lexus a bit?

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 24, 2019

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

What piece of software should I get to talk to my new to me E90? I want to change the transfer case and auto trans fluid and evidently I need to reset "adaptations" to accomplish this. I have a Veepeak OBD II wireless but it does not offer this level of interaction.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

ThirstyBuck posted:

What piece of software should I get to talk to my new to me E90? I want to change the transfer case and auto trans fluid and evidently I need to reset "adaptations" to accomplish this. I have a Veepeak OBD II wireless but it does not offer this level of interaction.

How deep are you wanting to go here?

Android has ProTools which is a bit more advanced than Carly in my opinion.

For PC/old VM side: INPA/Rheingold is what the dealer uses... https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Uh, anyone need some parts? :v:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The new M3/4 snoot shows us precisely the cycle length of car design. Right when Angry Birds spawned Bad Piggies, this car found its inspiration.

Now, Angry Birds and those damned handsome pigs are solid B-movie faire and Angry Birds Pigs the Car is now unearthing it’s truffled nose.

Give me one in Java Green with the Jahre 35 Gold interior and some ridiculous rims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The front of the TRD Avalon looks better than the M4 lmao