Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Larry Parrish posted:

How come kim doesn't have a comment on the insanely racist hat, but be has a quip about every racist person you see

He isn't studied on Advanced Race Theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Mayman10 posted:

Really booling without Kim, ya hate to see it
Kim said to talk with her about my big night on my own time.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

goddammit that interfacing check behind the church, I think the game just trolled me. This is not a bug, right:

lol I guess the name of the door should've been a hint.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

this game was so good and now im sad that its over

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Perhaps a hamster posted:

goddammit that interfacing check behind the church, I think the game just trolled me. This is not a bug, right:

lol I guess the name of the door should've been a hint.

this and a few other checks are hard coded to fail yeah

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

dangling a check like that in front of my super high-motorics detective :argh:

thank gently caress he also specializes in shivers

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I think outer worlds is gonna live or die for me based on if they let you have some tankie comments or really any kind of responses that arent just apolitical "it's bad to oppress workers" vs "we need to make money somehow" stuff.

The combat looks crap from what I've seen, pretty similar to gamebryo etc

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I don’t buy that the Sentients went insane.

when a living thing imbibes kuva it receives what's called an oro, which seems to work similarly to a soul. orokin adults, sentients and warframes all have oro. orokin ai like the unum also seem to posses one. orokin children do not have oro since they're used for body harvesting or whatever.

the experimental colonist jump ship that went through the void, the zaramon or something, had its entire adult population go insane while the kids were fine. orokin tower ai's in the void are violently insane, but the grineer, tenno, corpus and infested are fine. the unum on earth is the only tower outside of the void that we know about and it's also fine.

it stands to reason that the sentients also got hosed up from void exposure

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Serf posted:

disco elysium: this game just gets me

more spoilers for the endgame: the deserter was a psychopath, but he didn't do anything wrong unless you're a loving COP

he did one thing wrong: he should have killed the merc when he wasn’t loving klaasje. do not give my future girlfriend ptsd!!!!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Taintrunner posted:

modern warfare comes out in like 17 hours get loving hype awhooooo

Can't wait to save the Kurds from rhe evil Russians

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

turn off the TV posted:

the back story is that orokin adults and robots have oro and going through the ftl hell dimension makes anyone with oro go insane and things without oro that go through the hell dimension get cool magic powers

the orokin sent robots with souls to alpha centauri using the ftl dimension so the robots went crazy and came back to kill everyone and did this partially by hijacking all of the orokin's meat computers. the orokin made a meat computer virus but the virus started infecting all meat and it wound up killing billions of people. in order to stop the virus and robots the orokin made meat robot drones out of the virus and started cloning billions of copies of their slaves to reinforce their probably near depleted normal armies. after hundreds of years they managed to defeat the original robots. then the meat robots rebelled and killed the orokin leadership, the slaves got hijacked and went rogue and the meat virus continued running rampant. the game takes place hundreds or thousands of years after that as the meat robots resume operating

The Orokin very specifically sent the Sentients to Tau without using the Void. Void exposure affects Sentient reproduction and adaptation, and would have prevented the Sentients from completing the assigned task of colonizing the Tau system and building a gate for their Orokin masters. The Sentients rebelled against their masters and sent a vanguard back to the Origin system throught the Void to destroy the Orokin. This is the Old War. Hunhow, Natah, and the rest of the vanguard might have VOID MADNESS (I remain deeply unconvinced by this) but they did realize that Orokin colonialism was bullshit before that happened. Presumably the rest of the Sentients have been slowboating it from Tau since. When they finally arive, that is going to be the New War.

Dr Cheeto has issued a correction as of 14:55 on Oct 24, 2019

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1187348602252775424?s=09

It's great that F76 is the gift that keeps on giving.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Halser posted:

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1187348602252775424?s=09

It's great that F76 is the gift that keeps on giving.

Holy poo poo how is this game the perfect cluster gently caress? That's hilarious. Sterling was right this game has to be cursed

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I think I might be hosed when it comes to the church side quest in Disco Elysium?

I told the ravers I would look into their dance club, talked to the radio operator, and struck a deal with her to help her out so she would leave. Only problem is I failed the white check on the ice box and can't open it since I've reached my skill cap with Physical Instrument. Is there a thought or something I can do to raise my skill cap to get another crack at this or am I SOL?

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Martian Manfucker posted:

I think I might be hosed when it comes to the church side quest in Disco Elysium?

I told the ravers I would look into their dance club, talked to the radio operator, and struck a deal with her to help her out so she would leave. Only problem is I failed the white check on the ice box and can't open it since I've reached my skill cap with Physical Instrument. Is there a thought or something I can do to raise my skill cap to get another crack at this or am I SOL?

you could drink some alcohol, drinking something or doing a drug not only gives you an extra point in whatever attribute, but also raises the cap. just drink some lovely wine, give a point to coach physical instrument and crack open that icebox like the avatar of masculinity you are.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

oscarthewilde posted:

you could drink some alcohol, drinking something or doing a drug not only gives you an extra point in whatever attribute, but also raises the cap. just drink some lovely wine, give a point to coach physical instrument and crack open that icebox like the avatar of masculinity you are.

1. You're right, ELECTRO-CHEMISTRY, I could use a drink...

(thanks for the tip)

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

oscarthewilde posted:

I haven't tried it in my runs, do you get to keep the point after the drink effect wears off?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I haven't tried it in my runs, do you get to keep the point after the drink effect wears off?

its explicitly stated in that recent update that using drugs to raise the max cap allows you to keep the point you invest in it

i think it was a bug but the playtesters liked it so they left it in

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Sardonik posted:

Tacoma is pretty explicitly leftist, or at least critical of capitalism in a interesting/meaningful way.

A CRPG people might be interested in if they're looking for something new after sufficiently exploring DE is Shadowrun: Dragonfall. While I don't remember it being terribly political, it is a pretty sweet world, and DE kind of gave me some shadowrun vibes. DE's writing is far superior of course, but still.

Dragonfall is good and you can get an ending where F-State survives under APEX's protection.

This is unfortunately not the canon ending for Hong Kong.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 has issued a correction as of 17:04 on Oct 24, 2019

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

cumshitter posted:

its explicitly stated in that recent update that using drugs to raise the max cap allows you to keep the point you invest in it

i think it was a bug but the playtesters liked it so they left it in

cool. though it would be thematically fitting if you had to keep your buzz going to keep it.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

dragonfall also has a pretty good stuff about the failures of the flux state, especially considering it's with lucky strike who I'm 95% sure is one of the devs characters from tabletop

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The World Revolving starts playing.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Trying to get Kim to think I'm cool has been my primary motivation throughout de. This led me to stick a gun in my mouth in an failed attempt to prove a point, Kim was not impressed

Dreddout has issued a correction as of 17:48 on Oct 24, 2019

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

is the only way to learn about the pale from Joyce is to pass that level 20 conceptualization check?

likewise the paledriver has nothing close to that topic I can ask about and the only related book I found in the store is about medicine that does nothing.

I’m trying to wrap up the church stuff before I go confront ruby

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

I PITY ALL THE DEVIANT RACE DEGENERATES WHO SEEK TO LAZILY RAISE THEIR PITIFUL OCCIDENTAL CAPACITIES WITH THE POISONOUS AL GUL

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Upmarket Mango posted:

I’m trying to wrap up the church stuff before I go confront ruby

I somehow ended up doing this before doing anything with joyce or union boss

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i used my superior pain threshold to walk up and knock her machine over then just stood there and hosed up while she killed herself

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I PITY ALL THE DEVIANT RACE DEGENERATES WHO SEEK TO LAZILY RAISE THEIR PITIFUL OCCIDENTAL CAPACITIES WITH THE POISONOUS AL GUL

THE INFLUENCE OF THE *HAM SANDWICH RACE* IS WANING

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Oh dear I made the call to the ex.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Dreylad posted:

THE INFLUENCE OF THE *HAM SANDWICH RACE* IS WANING

HAPLOGROUP B4 NO LONGER PROVIDES ADVANCEMENTS IN THE CRITICAL SCIENCES BUT COMMITS RACE SUICIDE WITH ROCK AND ROLL AND AL GUL.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I finally got started with DE. It seems sweet

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

bloom posted:

I finally got started with DE. It seems sweet

Don't read anything about it, don't feel the need to click every single option, and don't worry about failed rolls. Just roll with it.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

started listening to British sea power cause of DE, good poo poo

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Wheeee posted:

Don't read anything about it, don't feel the need to click every single option, and don't worry about failed rolls. Just roll with it.

I've been skipping pretty much this entire thread lately because I don't wanna get spoiled. Tried to get a little Noita-posting in but everyone's too obsessed with DE.

I'm slightly worried at how naturally roleplaying a degenerate alcoholic comes to me but I'll just roll with it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I've never had more fun talking some old liberal into giving me his sandwich.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

My cop was too dumb to get the sandwich, but got dang I loved just bluntly telling people I'm a fascist for no reason.

Honestly this game has the same capacity for providing an introspective, therapeutic effect on your thinking that good literature does, if not more so due to the interactive and reactive nature of it. The writers of Disco Elysium understand mental illness, addiction, and ideology.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IT IS NATURAL THAT ESTONIANS - A DEGENERATED EXAMPLE OF THE OCCIDENTAL CATEGORY B RACE DEVIANT WOULD INTUITIVELY UNDERSTAND THE RAVAGES UPON CULTURE REALIZED BY THE WAKE OF FAILED REVOLUTION, MIRING THEIR SO-CALLED "CIVILIZATION" IN A DROWNING TIDE OF AL GUL & LIBERAL PEDERASTY

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

in case anyone else was wanting to play outer worlds on pc you can get it on microsoft game pass and game pass is literally £1 for me

you can even preload it which you cant on epic for... some reason

the downside is you gotta download the xbox gamepass beta to preload and it is shockingly poo poo. microsoft are loving awful at pc software for some reason. i had to do a 45 minute windows update to run the app (???) then the app crashed on launch, now i got it downloading but its very slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
oh gently caress, it's 1 dollar

Yeah I should... do that