Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
All he has to do is ahelp them if anything rulesbreaky happens. Otherwise, harassing and lying about what they do and are is really, really lovely and unfunny. If you don't wanna deal with them, go play a separate department or something. And I don't know. People get REALLY, WEIRDLY worked up about anime. But Book Seller Honda-san is amazing because it captures retail life well. Not a lick of fan service and book people are hilarious.

Edit: He's basically calling for harassments and that's really not okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
It's only been a few months since I last played SS13 and apparently poo poo's gotten pretty wild. I mean, I don't really care if a couple weirdos wanna be non-ERP anime lovebirds in the farting spaceman simulator* but this whole thing sounds so unlike what usually happens on Goonstation that it's kinda confusing me. Like, how did they come to this decision, and why on Goon, of all servers? I mean, the strict "no Nazis" policy is probably a good selling point that most servers don't have, but it's not like Goonstation has ever been anything but mildly (and often hypocritically, if we're being honest) disdainful of anime.

*And, to be clear, being a weird E-stalker trying to get them brigaded is way worse and way creepier.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
To be clear, they're not wearing the moeblob masks and going "~uguu sempai-chan" in the hallways. The reason they are being referred to as 'anime' repeatedly is because they have fancy hair with bright colors. That's literally it.

HipBEE
Apr 27, 2014
Jay Wolff has the most anime hair

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Never thought I would miss motherfucker posts in this thread yet here we are

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Inadequately posted:

To be clear, they're not wearing the moeblob masks and going "~uguu sempai-chan" in the hallways. The reason they are being referred to as 'anime' repeatedly is because they have fancy hair with bright colors. That's literally it.

Ohhhh. So this is just completely dull and not worth even bothering to think about and that dude's got some major brokebrains. Thanks for clearing it up for those of us without the time to play a few rounds to see for ourselves.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
lol imagine being mad about hair colors on the loving goon ss13 server

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Zamujasa posted:

Never thought I would miss motherfucker posts in this thread yet here we are

:emptyquote:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Anime is always legal as long as you have a valid medical reason to have it.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

EclecticTastes posted:

Ohhhh. So this is just completely dull and not worth even bothering to think about and that dude's got some major brokebrains. Thanks for clearing it up for those of us without the time to play a few rounds to see for ourselves.

Pretty much. I've seen a lot of people go 'lol colored hair=anime bitch'. It's weird. And yeah, he was trying to summon a greytide by lying about what he was seeing. They're harmless, and a lot of peeps have colored hair. In space.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Aerofallosov posted:

Pretty much. I've seen a lot of people go 'lol colored hair=anime bitch'. It's weird. And yeah, he was trying to summon a greytide by lying about what he was seeing. They're harmless, and a lot of peeps have colored hair. In space.

I kinda wish I had the time to log in and grief the poo poo out this guy (within the limits of the rules, of course), for trying to make a big deal out of something so banal. Though, I haven't seen much in the way of random players talking poo poo about weird hair colors. Like, I run with random appearance in my options, so there are many rounds where I've got Technicolor Goku Hair, and I've never been accused of being anime.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
You should 100% grief someone roleplaying a relationship in SS13

Or anyone playing SS13 at all. The goon server is too friendly now

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Oct 25, 2019

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Top Hats Monthly posted:

You should 100% grief someone playing SS13

I admit I don't actually play the game, but based on my observations, this is true

EDIT: the first person to grief is "anyone who kicks up a fuss about how gross PDAs are"

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 25, 2019

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

LordSaturn posted:

I admit I don't actually play the game, but based on my observations, this is true

Amended

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

You should 100% grief someone roleplaying a relationship in SS13

Or anyone playing SS13 at all. The goon server is too friendly now

Yes, the Goon server should be as unfriendly as possible. We should make sure everyone feels unwelcome, and generally make the environment deeply hostile. This is definitely a good idea and not exactly the kind of toxic behavior that makes online gaming lovely and bad. I enjoy a good round of griffing as much as the next person, but the target should be actually deserving of it, like people who casually use racial slurs.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

LordSaturn posted:

EDIT: the first person to grief is "anyone who kicks up a fuss about how gross PDAs are"

I bet PDAs are really unsanitary, being clipped the belt of beings prone to falling, vomiting, bleeding, and pissing all about the place and all.

So when are we getting a 'fouled' PDA sprite?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

monolithburger posted:

I bet PDAs are really unsanitary, being clipped the belt of beings prone to falling, vomiting, bleeding, and pissing all about the place and all.

So when are we getting a 'fouled' PDA sprite?

That implies they're ever clean.

Houka
Mar 27, 2014

Womyn Capote posted:

Even if I could get past the kissing emotes and laying on top of eachother poo poo from these players, there is a meta aspect of two characters being "married" and seemingly cooperating every round that just doesn't feel right to me.

If this was true, which it's not, why are you watching them do this and then narrating the supposed events on a SomethingAwful forum thread? That's creepy as poo poo, dude, even if it's to complain about it. And now you're claiming they're metagaming or something? Please, contact an admin if you think something actually sexual or hosed up is happening, otherwise you're just stirring the pot.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That implies they're ever clean.

I'd hate to see the inside of the vending machine...

Houka
Mar 27, 2014

monolithburger posted:

I'd hate to see the inside of the vending machine...

It's just a trashcan inside of a vending machine.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that guy last page is obviously an idiot but I'm definitely going to err on the side of "roleplaying a married couple with hug and smooch emotes" being weird as hell and kind of gross. Maybe on the roleplay server which isn't my thing but on the normal one?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

who says they're roleplaying? :v:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
just beat them with a toolbox and be done with it or dont who cares

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Ion Storm-Rainbow and Constance Rainbow-Storm literally refer to themselves as "married anime girls" I didn't make it up for them based on bullshit. I don't want them harassed, I think they are actually good players. I would just prefer them to be told to stop meta-gaming and kissing eachother on the station. And I won't ahelp it because I fear retribution from discord culture pubbie admins.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

that guy last page is obviously an idiot but I'm definitely going to err on the side of "roleplaying a married couple with hug and smooch emotes" being weird as hell and kind of gross. Maybe on the roleplay server which isn't my thing but on the normal one?

okay you're gonna have to explain to me how 'literally the most basic relationship roleplay, such as one might see in a children's TV show' is gross

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

okay you're gonna have to explain to me how 'literally the most basic relationship roleplay, such as one might see in a children's TV show' is gross
I am not about to set out a philosophical argument for why I think it's weird to repeatedly roleplay sincere romantic relationships in a comedy game about farting wizards who stuff space engines full of weed, but again this is maybe why I stick to #2

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
If you look at the names "Ion Storm-Rainbow" and "Constance Rainbow-Storm" and don't immediately think "this is a magnificently funny gimmick," then rip I guess

Holy poo poo

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I miss the old thread

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I am not about to set out a philosophical argument for why I think it's weird to repeatedly roleplay sincere romantic relationships in a comedy game about farting wizards who stuff space engines full of weed, but again this is maybe why I stick to #2

weird, maybe

gross is not the same as weird

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

If you look at the names "Ion Storm-Rainbow" and "Constance Rainbow-Storm" and don't immediately think "this is a magnificently funny gimmick," then rip I guess
it's funny if it's a gimmick but i'm gonna give it like, 5 to 1 odds that it's unironic

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

It certainly seems to be a magnificently effective troll so far.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

weird, maybe

gross is not the same as weird
I'm not calling for punishment or anything, just humiliation (preferably from the players ofc)

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Or you could RP a bitterly divorced couple

If you both get traitor you can pull off an Arsenic and Old Lace gimmick

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

go security, claim to be their chaperone

admonish them to leave room for daylight/starlight/space God when they're in adjacent squares

if they're good, get them a soda

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm not calling for punishment or anything, just humiliation (preferably from the players ofc)

"I'm not running a harassment campaign, I just want people from this thread to hop on and give them a bad time because admins won't do it for me"

gently caress off with that. There's quite often more important things to worry about on an average round, and most players nowadays simply don't care. You can rant all you want here about how server culture has grown degenerate and this would never have happened Back in The Day[/i], but that's not going to accomplish anything besides making people think you're a sad weirdo. I haven't heard a single convincing argument against them besides "ew feeeeelings are inherently icky" and that's an argument that I grew out of at the age of five.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Inadequately posted:

"I'm not running a harassment campaign, I just want people from this thread to hop on and give them a bad time because admins won't do it for me"

gently caress off with that. There's quite often more important things to worry about on an average round, and most players nowadays simply don't care. You can rant all you want here about how server culture has grown degenerate and this would never have happened Back in The Day[/i], but that's not going to accomplish anything besides making people think you're a sad weirdo. I haven't heard a single convincing argument against them besides "ew feeeeelings are inherently icky" and that's an argument that I grew out of at the age of five.
lmao I'm going to spend a full round giving you swirlies

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
It just sounds like you're wasting a prime opportunity for comedy just play along with a good gimmick

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Womyn Capote posted:

Ion Storm-Rainbow and Constance Rainbow-Storm literally refer to themselves as "married anime girls" I didn't make it up for them based on bullshit. I don't want them harassed, I think they are actually good players. I would just prefer them to be told to stop meta-gaming and kissing eachother on the station. And I won't ahelp it because I fear retribution from discord culture pubbie admins.

Hi I've been an admin longer than a couple younger players have been alive, and I have never once given a gently caress about the sort of affection that you can get away with in a church foyer. The metagaming is a concern, sure, adminhelp that. If you were to adminhelp that you saw two players emoting holding hands or exchanging a kiss on the cheek or whatever benign nonsense you're furrowing your brow about, i would absolutely tell you to solve the problem by not paying attention to it. We live in hell world and everything's on fire and we're all going to die from climate change or rampaging fascists anyway, there is no harm in a couple lonely souls giving each other a moment of something that can be mistaken for joy in a 2d spaceman game about farts as long as they keep it clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Poland Spring posted:

It just sounds like you're wasting a prime opportunity for comedy just play along with a good gimmick
that was what I was getting at by "humiliation", I could probably have been clearer - reading back I can see how my earlier posts probably look like I wanted it to be some bannable offense, which wasn't my intention.

Apologies for the miscommunication, I hope people that know me in-game know I wouldn't carry out grudges or act maliciously. I'd have great fun pranking the nerds and getting the Chaplain to put them on religious trial for holding hands outside of marriage, but I'm not going to murder them or whatever.