Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Black Griffon posted:

I just love the fact they they've included the slavest slav whomst've ever squatted as a multiplayer character, guys

only reason i'm playing the single player tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Shotguns are at the bottom of the pile for guns that need a balance pass.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Capn Beeb posted:

Shotguns are at the bottom of the pile for guns that need a balance pass.

:hai:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
the xp boosts are active even in the menu, cheeky fuckers.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

FYI to other people having crashes on PC: allegedly NVIDIA released new drivers today and it fixes the crash issues. I'm gonna give it a test when I get home in an hour.

UPDATE: can't access online services now lol

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

the xp boosts are active even in the menu, cheeky fuckers.

Yeah a 30 minute xp boost is like 2.5 matches max.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Just played the first mission and holy poo poo. I've got some really nice headphones and the sound design is incredible.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Fudge, new drivers didn't help either.

Goddamn this game.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

soggybagel posted:

Yeah a 30 minute xp boost is like 2.5 matches max.

I guess Big Dew™ must've paid them the big bucks to get the codes to run out really fast.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

people complaining about shotguns are the same people who want everyone to use an AR

gently caress outta here

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I wish they would bring back the demolition (demolicious) game mode. I just want to plant bombs under smoke screens all day.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I want capture the flag.

Capture the flag was way fun.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

colachute posted:

I want capture the flag.

Capture the flag was way fun.

CTF is one of my favorite game modes for shooters, it’s a shame it’s basically vanished entirely lately.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

people complaining about shotguns are the same people who want everyone to use an AR

gently caress outta here

The best way to stop complaining about shotguns is to start using shotguns.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

CTF is one of my favorite game modes for shooters, it’s a shame it’s basically vanished entirely lately.

Hell, why did it? It's such a simple and elegant concept.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Black Griffon posted:

Hell, why did it? It's such a simple and elegant concept.

"Too unrealistic" and "arcadey" :ironicat:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I easily had 10x the hours logged in CTF than any other mode in blops.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

gently caress outta here

:hmmyes:

Gave ground war a spin, saw folks getting sniped by a Kilo without a stock. So much for losing recoil stability if you removed it I guess.

JoaoVitorBF
Aug 31, 2018

I AM THE DARKNESS

Mister Facetious posted:

"Too unrealistic" and "arcadey" :ironicat:

Do a TF2 and change the flag to a briefcase or some Serious Business™ poo poo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Doing the weapon master SMG kill objective had me really turn around on them. I did really well with the MP5, using Overkill to pack a FAL as a backup gun.

Also, the call outs are pretty funny, I heard someone yell “contact”, turned around, and smoked three dudes in a row as they turned around the corner. As near as I can tell those really only benefit the enemy team.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Halo 3 CTF is so good.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The highlight of owning a PS3 was the uncharted 2 mp. Plunder was so much fun. There's nothing like that rush of trying to stave off death carrying an objective to your base, whatever it is

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Disposable Scud posted:

Halo 3 CTF is so good.

Tribes 2 and Unreal Tournament were my go-tos for CTF. Man, that reminds me, UT’s Bombing Run mode needs a comeback. FPS soccer is so much fun.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Arena shooters in the vein of UT need to make a comeback

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

Tribes 2 and Unreal Tournament were my go-tos for CTF. Man, that reminds me, UT’s Bombing Run mode needs a comeback. FPS soccer is so much fun.

I'd even stick my neck out and say that UT2004 is probably the best arena shooter ever made for objective modes.

Conversely I've never really cared for CTF in any COD at all. I think the extremely quick time to kill, hitscan arsenal and no distinct maps for the mode kind of kill it. At least in a game like UT the maps for different objective modes were completely built around those modes.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Have y'all been getting a lot of backfill games? Seems it's all I've been getting the last couple of days, especially all day today.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

CTF, but everyone who picks up the flag gets temporary juggernaut armor
edit: I mean, gently caress, just call it Capture the Prototype Juggernaut Armor. CPJA, rolls off the tongue.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Capn Beeb posted:

Have y'all been getting a lot of backfill games? Seems it's all I've been getting the last couple of days, especially all day today.

My last two or three have been backfills.

JoaoVitorBF
Aug 31, 2018

I AM THE DARKNESS
Ground War is too loving frustrating. It's the only gamemode I legitimately rage 90% of the time.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I gave up on Ground War. It's tryhard paradise, and I never knew what was going on half the loving time.

20 man Dom is my jam, though. It'd be nice if I got something besides Euphrates Brige to play on, but at least I'm racking up the shield bonuses.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I like how my game is now crashing in MP when nothing has changed after playing a full afternoon successfully. I think the game knows I played Siege with my friends.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

JoaoVitorBF posted:

Ground War is too loving frustrating. It's the only gamemode I legitimately rage 90% of the time.

Ay

Hamburger Sandwich
Nov 24, 2007
If I hook up a mouse and keyboard to the PS4 does it auto match me with PC users and other keyboard users?

JoaoVitorBF
Aug 31, 2018

I AM THE DARKNESS

Hamburger Sandwich posted:

If I hook up a mouse and keyboard to the PS4 does it auto match me with PC users and other keyboard users?

Yep. The crossplay is input-based.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Last four ground war games I went in I got put in the squad of people who want to snipe from the farthest reaches of the map. It is great for getting points though as no one goes for flags most of the time. A nuke ending the match has almost become the norm most times.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

One thing I hate they took out that Black Ops did was point streaks instead of killstreaks. I love taking Dom points and shooting down air support, it was right up my alley.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

GD_American posted:

One thing I hate they took out that Black Ops did was point streaks instead of killstreaks. I love taking Dom points and shooting down air support, it was right up my alley.

One of the last perks you unlock changes killstreaks to pointstreaks.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

colachute posted:

Arena shooters in the vein of UT need to make a comeback

No one played Quake Champions except for the greybeards who have been playing Quake for 20 years, Fortnite killed the UT reboot, and Lawbreakers was Lawbreakers

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

E.G.G.S. posted:

One of the last perks you unlock changes killstreaks to pointstreaks.

oh dap

guess who ain't never prestiging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

GD_American posted:

oh dap

guess who ain't never prestiging

There is no prestiging