Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

It's part of the soundwhoring.

If you stand in the doorway it never stops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's getting a bit old running around a corner and a) getting blown up by a claymore or b) getting insta-killed by a shotgun to the face, or c) instakilled by the dude sitting in a window with his sniper scoped on that corner. CoD's low TTK has always meant there will be moments where poo poo like this happens, but it seems worse in this one.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I'd take shotguns over the deluge of M4s and the stray Kilo.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Wow, I just went to the Modern Warfare subreddit. Every post there is literally nothing more than whining about the game and mostly about campers, wth. Stupid memes.

Sure, there's some camping but so what? There's still a lot of running and gunning I'm seeing. I've been playing for 3 days straight this weekend and I feel those guys are exaggerating a lot. Just try to adapt a bit.

e: camping is a legit playstyle and there's nothing wrong with it. Let people have their fun the way they want, right?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The one instance of running into a random room and being killed by someone ostensibly sitting in the corner is a lot more memorable than the multiple gunfights in expected places.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

John F Bennett posted:

Wow, I just went to the Modern Warfare subreddit. Every post there is literally nothing more than whining about the game and mostly about campers, wth. Stupid memes.

Sure, there's some camping but so what? There's still a lot of running and gunning I'm seeing. I've been playing for 3 days straight this weekend and I feel those guys are exaggerating a lot. Just try to adapt a bit.

e: camping is a legit playstyle and there's nothing wrong with it. Let people have their fun the way they want, right?

There is the occasional decent post there like this one;
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/do54m1/top_20_pc_and_top_100_overall_player_here_kills/

I have to say I agree 100% on the posts regarding TTK and networking issues.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Is there a counter to someone with a riot shield running at you head on if you have no way to flank around behind them? Thats been kind of annoying for me in tight spaces.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Le Saboteur posted:

Is there a counter to someone with a riot shield running at you head on if you have no way to flank around behind them? Thats been kind of annoying for me in tight spaces.

Run away and hope you can get behind a corner before they pull out their pistol. Or if you are a stone cold killer, pretend to run away and then snap around to shoot them as they are switching to the pistol.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
COD points arent spendable yet are they? I got gifted the deluxe edition or whatever for my birthday and i dunno if im missing a shop or something

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

John F Bennett posted:

That subreddit is complete rear end. Let's just age gracefully as we learn to enjoy our yearly shootmans.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Also I havent played a bunch of CoD since MW2, is it still viable to grab an smg and all the sneaky perks and just zigzag back and forth running and gunning

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Astrochicken posted:

That subreddit is complete rear end. Let's just age gracefully as we learn to enjoy our yearly shootmans.

Most shootmans game subreddits are rear end. It's 90% people bitching about either hackers or game mechanics they don't like. We get it, this game isn't perfect, much like the thousands of games that came before...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The only reason to check the MW subreddit is for the weekly IW post of what got patched/added.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Faced a guy today with combat knife and riot shield. He'd sprint at you 3x the regular sprint speed for the 1 shot and was invincible from the back. If he saw he wasn't going to make it to you he'd swap to the shield and then run you down. It was weapons grade autism but I can respect cause he wasn't just sat in a corner.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Also I havent played a bunch of CoD since MW2, is it still viable to grab an smg and all the sneaky perks and just zigzag back and forth running and gunning

If that’s what you’re into dude, go for it.

.75 k/d is life

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Julius CSAR posted:

.75 k/d is life

I used to clean up running back and forth on that skyscraper map in MW2 with the sneaky perks and a P90. Good times, shame i have to learn to aim now

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The dailies definitely are bugged or something for whoever asked. I had one where it was get 10 long shot kills or something and it said I got 2 after like an hour of play which was not accurate. I’m starting to lean towards not like a handful of maps but I still am enjoying trying to level up guns. I think the dailies 3rd challenge which is always the hardest need to be toned down slightly. I think one I had a couple days ago was get 40 pistol kills. I don’t think cumulatively i have 40 pistol kills.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Julius CSAR posted:

.75 k/d is life

I wish this game had a last 10 game K/D score like BLOPS 4 did. That was way more useful than the overall one, especially since my overall is still dragged down by my “just got this game” terribleness from the first few hours.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah i jumped straight into a ground war match the second the game finished installing and welp that was ten minutes of just dying

JoaoVitorBF
Aug 31, 2018

I AM THE DARKNESS

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yeah i jumped straight into a ground war match the second the game finished installing and welp that was ten minutes of just dying

That will probably never ever get better unless you do the exact same thing as the people who are killing you.
camp on rooftops with hitscan sniper rifles

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

JoaoVitorBF posted:

That will probably never ever get better unless you do the exact same thing as the people who are killing you.
camp on rooftops with hitscan sniper rifles

Eh i do fine in TDM now that ive had a day or two under my belt but Ground War is just 40 dudes shooting hitscan rifles at lowbies so eh i might sit on that for a bit

burgergod
Dec 17, 2013
Any euro supernerds(PC) I can play with? the m4 is my favorite gun.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

With ground war you basically never want to be outside if you aren't in a vehicle or sniping. Just choose a building to attack/defend and treat it like a small map of your own.

Also use smokes to run from one building to the next.

The quarry map is much better then the city one imo. The city one is half of both teams on the rooftops sniping everything that moves

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zikan posted:

With ground war you basically never want to be outside if you aren't in a vehicle or sniping. Just choose a building to attack/defend and treat it like a small map of your own.

Also use smokes to run from one building to the next.

The quarry map is much better then the city one imo. The city one is half of both teams on the rooftops sniping everything that moves

I would love to see an FPS without any drat sniper rifles. They always gently caress up objective based modes because half the team will just sit back and try to snipe because "muh kdr!".

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I would love to see an FPS without any drat sniper rifles. They always gently caress up objective based modes because half the team will just sit back and try to snipe because "muh kdr!".

With the whole weapon mounting thing I think it would be cool if you had to mount your sniper rifle to effectively scope with it. That way people couldn't camp on a rooftop and pull off all kinds of snap shots.

Not sure what that'd do to the balance of the game though.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

No sniper rifle, no grenade launcher. They ruin everything.
DMR are good enough!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Remember when noob tube was a 4 letter word

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I will also say the bridge map can get pretty dicey with grenade spam. I’ve gotten hit a lot on that one from long range Grenades.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

The bridge map comes up in rotation too much. Maybe I just don’t like it so I notice it more but it seems more common than other maps. Or maybe it’s just the most distinct.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

soggybagel posted:

I will also say the bridge map can get pretty dicey with grenade spam. I’ve gotten hit a lot on that one from long range Grenades.

Grenades have a really important role in that map for breaking the bridge stalemate but no one ever uses them for that, it’s so annoying.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

An RPG seems to do the trick

Failing that, ten times out of ten if you turn around to run away and immediately turn back you’ll catch them swapping to their secondary hoping to shoot you in the back

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

rap music posted:

An RPG seems to do the trick

Failing that, ten times out of ten if you turn around to run away and immediately turn back you’ll catch them swapping to their secondary hoping to shoot you in the back

Shoot their feet.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
when im not crashing to desktop boy, operations/co-op is hard.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

I wish this game had a last 10 game K/D score like BLOPS 4 did. That was way more useful than the overall one, especially since my overall is still dragged down by my “just got this game” terribleness from the first few hours.

Also when you unlock a new gun that has 0 attachments and you have to log a few games with a subpar weapon as you level it to a decent point.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Only on some maps. I main a silenced MP5 in most competitive games and people are usually pretty shocked at how many battles that gun can win, even from range. Put the mini reflex, rubberized grip, and the monolithic suppressor on that thing and just go hog wild

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Make snipers a back end kill streak. You get five bullets, that's it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Capn Beeb posted:

Make it a point streak, it’ll encourage people to also run objectives. All “you can have it back when you’ve shown me you can behave”.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I do think increasing the amount of non-lethals you spawn with could maybe gently caress with close quarter campers a bit. All of them could be used to ferret out the fuckers when used efficiently.

Also, MW2 chat: Once on Favela I was stuck with a full stack of cool clan tag guys on one side and a rapidly diminishing team on my side. Obviously that didn't go so well, until it was just me left, and I switched to my
K N I F E
B U I L D
I was unstoppable, practically flying around the match like an alien from Alien. Match ended with me owning them like a god and them ragequitting. Best moment of my pvp career.

Le Saboteur posted:

Stuns or flashbangs can gently caress them up pretty good.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

I like this idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

The city Ground War map would be so much better if I could find the right angle to mortar the sniper roofs with the JOKR launcher.