Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

feedmyleg posted:

Just saw Halloween III and if you don't like that, I just can't relate to your taste in horror. That's the goods right there.

Also, good news: apparently Tom Atkins is still alive! Bad news: apparently this day he's relegated to stuff like this. But hey, it's rad those guys got him and at least he's still out there working on genre stuff.

e: Especially you, Ebert :mad:

Now that two more Halloween sequels are happening I'm still holding out that he cameos as a surgeon at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The Furies was wild. Like if a battle royale hosed the Siren game series and had a slasher baby.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
so Mandy was weird. any good sites or articles to explain what on earth just happened on my television? seems like the movie was dense with symbolism, caught a reference to Abraxas. what's with the number 44? were those really demons? did he drive his car into loving hell?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Gay Horney posted:

so Mandy was weird. any good sites or articles to explain what on earth just happened on my television? seems like the movie was dense with symbolism, caught a reference to Abraxas. what's with the number 44? were those really demons? did he drive his car into loving hell?

the best way to understand Mandy is to get super high and watch it at 2am

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I went through a neighborhood at dusk to pick up a friend and there were trick or treaters all over the place, and it warmed my heart that Halloween is still alive and well. Now it's late and I'm home having a couple of drinks and watching Halloween III of course, before I doze off, and I think all of you thread regulars are some fine folks.

gotta poo
Mar 14, 2019

by VideoGames

Gay Horney posted:

It's the best barbarian movie ever made.
Yes and yes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Origami Dali posted:

I went through a neighborhood at dusk to pick up a friend and there were trick or treaters all over the place, and it warmed my heart that Halloween is still alive and well. Now it's late and I'm home having a couple of drinks and watching Halloween III of course, before I doze off, and I think all of you thread regulars are some fine folks.

I live in an apartment complex and I guess the tradition is to just leave the candy out. It was bitter cold last night and we got some flurries, but we still got ravaged at some point.

Here's my setup:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

Mandy is an incredible movie not just for how enthralling it is, but for how it retroactively makes the lyrics of Holy Diver completely coherent and sensible.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Neo Rasa posted:

Mandy is an incredible movie not just for how enthralling it is, but for how it retroactively makes the lyrics of Holy Diver completely coherent and sensible.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I hate November 1st.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Basebf555 posted:

I hate November 1st.

:same:

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

Okay what the gently caress.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

I hate November 1st.

Spooky season goes until Thanksgiving as far as I'm concerned. It's a time to get to the movies you wanted to watch in October but didn't get around to.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

feedmyleg posted:

Spooky season goes until Thanksgiving as far as I'm concerned. It's a time to get to the movies you wanted to watch in October but didn't get around to.

I mean, I am somewhat burned out on horror, which is normal for me after watching 50 movies in a month. Most years I don't watch any horror at all until the week of Christmas(Black Christmas, Christmas Evil, etc.).

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I usually use November to catch up on movies from the current year I haven't gotten around to yet

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
A couple years back I discovered the complete (at that point) Halloween series BluRay collection for a steal at Best Buy on Black Friday so I celebrated Thanksgiving weekend by watching lots and lots of Halloween.

Do you!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I actually like November because I was a retail manager for like ten years but then switched careers. So November today always brings on this weird almost depression but then relief that it's just a normal kind of slow month for me instead of the beginning of me wanting to die and that feeling lasting til January.

Plus it's finally fall here for real, global warming, gently caress. Halloween night it was like warm and humid? :fuckoff:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

oh poo poo

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Basebf555 posted:

I hate November 1st.

I dunno, it's not that bad! Candy is half price and things still feel kind of spooky

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm not getting it do I need to do more drugs

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
tcc horror thread

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

364 days til Halloween.

Yeah horror burn out is real. I watch The Shining whenever we have the first big snow of the year and I probably won't watch a doodle til then.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Any time of year where the sun isn't up before 8 am is spooky time for me. My roommate doesn't like horror much so I get most of my watching in on weekend mornings, but once the sun is up it just doesn't feel right anymore.

Not that I don't do it in the summer, but yeah, it's not quite the same.

Also the uncommon evening where she's not around, it's nice to make pot of spicy ramen and sit down and watch the Changeling during a rainstorm.

Pomp posted:

I'm not getting it do I need to do more drugs

I might have to try watching Mandy on :420: this weekend since I was stone cold sober last time.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

alf_pogs posted:

the best way to understand Mandy is to get super high and watch it at 2am

that's literally exactly what I did except midnight. i was sure I missed some poo poo but maybe not?

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 1, 2019

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gay Horney posted:

that's literally exactly what I did except midnight. i was sure I missed some poo poo but maybe not?

Yea I've seen Mandy twice and it's got that quality where I feel like I might be missing some details and that if I just watch it one more time, maybe I'll pick up on something new! I love movies like that.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I’m turning 31 (the Halloween number) this year, so I’m just going to keep Halloween rolling until the end of the year.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

I’m turning 31 (the Halloween number) this year, so I’m just going to keep Halloween rolling until the end of the year.

What better way to celebrate both at the same time...

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
No don't

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I’m waiting for the first sub-30 degree day where I am to make a giant pot of chili or beef stew and watch Ravenous. It’s such an amazing cold weather movie.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Neo Rasa posted:

What better way to celebrate both at the same time...

:lol: DVD

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I didn't watch The Thing this October so I'll probably use that as my first snow of the year movie.

Sometimes I watch Dr. Zhivago when it snows too, but that's a topic for another thread.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
31 is great if you only watch the scenes with Richard Brake and fast forward through the rest

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

be prepared for a big 31 apologetics lecture when i have the time to type it up :350:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kvlt! posted:

be prepared for a big 31 apologetics lecture when i have the time to type it up :350:

You keep promising these things

You never do them

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kvlt! posted:

What about your writeup on the Evil Bong?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

What about your writeup on the Evil Bong?

Burkion posted:

You keep promising these things

You never do them

Kvlt! posted:

:laffo:

gey muckle mowser posted:

31 is great if you only watch the scenes with Richard Brake and fast forward through the rest

Correct.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 1, 2019

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don't support cyberbullying

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Hell, Kvlt! told me back in 2013 that he'd link me to his horror reviews. Never did give me that link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

:350: