Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ha yeah, definitely overpriced. Best quality source next to blu-ray though, so I'm glad they exist at least.

Actually that's not even the worse offender on their. 3 bucks for 1 min for 101. Perfect Harmony Sneak Peek. I'd assume that's unintentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah one of the comments complained about that. Whoever is in charge of this show needs to sort themselves out!

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

edit: also, would enabling these potentially open up my server to INTERNET HACKERS or something? Or is that just paranoia? I already have a ton of ports forwarded for Remote Desktop and my Nvidia Shield Portable remote play.

edit 2: canyouseeme.org says it cannot see my service on port 8080. However, I have its port forwarding settings in my router set exactly the same as I do for sonarr and radarr's ports and canyouseeme.org says those are opened just fine?

Yikes. If you're forwarding the port for Windows RDP (3389) close that poo poo asap. Pretty sure it's absolutely trivial to break, as it has bugger all encryption built in. I'm not an infosec professional or anything but I've been messing with this poo poo for a long time. Better option would be a VPN (OpenVPN, or I think SoftEther is pretty easy to setup). Lots of routers have an option to enable a built in VPN as well. You could also setup an SSH server, like https://www.bitvise.com/ssh-server-download (though that needs it's own amount of hardening, i.e. use a non-standard port, use key encryption and not password, etc, info here: https://www.bitvise.com/getting-started-hardening-ssh-server )

If you're just using teamviewer or something disregard. Still handy to have a VPN/SSH setup though in case you need security on public wifi and you can access your files and poo poo at home. Better than a VPN service at least, those are basically a joke.

On the usenet side, opening a crap-ton of ports for each service can be annoying to manage and a security problem on it's own since you have have such a wide attack vector. The chances of you being targeted are pretty slim but do you really want to take the chance? If you (or anyone) are serious about remote access for usenet stuff, I would seriously recommend Organizr: https://github.com/causefx/Organizr Anyone else use this already? Don't think I've seen any mention of it in here or the Plex thread. A bit involved but the results are really nice. Can't be any more difficult than Docker at any rate.

Here's what my default landing page looks like with it setup:

Basically provides you with a slick web portal where all your services can be accessed. The landing page also provides an overview of TV schedules, requests, current streams, and basically whatever else you want by editing some css configs. It handles it's own authentication in tandem with your webserver of choice (typically NGINX) so that you only need to have a single port open for HTTPS (443), and all of your different tools can be accessed with one login. Supports single sign-on for Plex, Tautulli, and Ombi as well, and you can leave the rest completely open since their ports won't be accessible from the internet, and authentication is handled by the server. The installer script from here: https://github.com/elmerfdz/OrganizrInstaller will handle installing both Organizr and nginx, and will setup a basic config file. The wiki has lots of examples for configuration, but on Windows for myself I found the following to be the easiest setup, through a lot of trial and error. In brief you'd do the following.

• register a domain somewhere like https://freedns.afraid.org Or just your usual cheap registrar of choice

• next register your shiny new domain with https://www.cloudflare.com which will handle your SSL cert so your domain can run over HTTPs, and will also obfuscate your domain so that someone can't do an nslookup on the domain and get your actual IP at home. Otherwise you can instead configure it within NGINX using Letsencrypt but it's a pain in the rear end.

• run this to install nginx and all it's dependencies, along with Organizr from here: https://github.com/elmerfdz/OrganizrInstaller

• you'll need to edit your config to account for all your services here's a good example config: https://pastebin.com/VYMq4mbX the important part is the location blocks which is where the reverse proxying happens.

• forward ports 80/443 to the PC that's running everything

• next is configuring server based authentication, outlined here: https://docs.organizr.app/books/setup-features/page/serverauth

From there you're basically just setting up your different pages/services in Organizr, and maybe SSO, and other tweaks. If everything is setup correctly, if you go to domain.com/ you'll get your sign-in page; if you try to go to any of your subdirectories, i.e. domain.com/sonarr, it should redirect to the login page unless you're already logged in. This can cause some issues with NZB360 or other similar apps since they can't handle the authentication, however you can let their API addresses through via the following config: https://technicalramblings.com/blog/allowing-mobile-apps-work-with-services-using-organizr-server-auth/

This might be too much bullshit for someone who just wants the basics. But if this is kind of a hobby for you, then personally I've found it rewarding, and a good learning experience. Even if you don't use organizer, setting up a reverse proxy is still a good idea, to minimize how many open ports you have. This is too long already, and I've probably forgotten something but I can clarify stuff if anyone cares to try this out. The wiki is pretty good though, and there's an active Discord for Organizr with users who have been pretty helpful for assisting with config questions.

Stockwell fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 29, 2019

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Stockwell posted:

Awesome poo poo

Thank you for doing God's work.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
DrunkenSlug is open https://drunkenslug.com/register

You get 50 API hits and 5 downloada per day for free. 10 Euros a year will get you 1000 API hits and 100 downloads per day. It's one of the better indexers.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
So, first world problem but I have a 1TB limit with Xfinity and all the titles I want are only offered in some crazy high quality that I don't care for. I specify 720p or better in radarr but most of the stuff I find is 4K. Looking for these things elsewhere I can find collections at the quality I want (<2gb for a 60m file).

Is my setup missing something, or is this just due to the provider having things being taken down? FWIW I have Usenetserver with a lifetime NZBgeek sub.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

If you specify 720 or better it will still grab better and replace it as it finds better it just wont grab sd. You should go into the rules that define 720 or better and remove 4k, you can also remove 1080 if there are 720p copies being put up.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah finding 720p stuff shouldn’t be difficult at all. In fact they tend to get released first to stop other groups doing 1080p to lower res conversions.

Also look for things marked BRRIP as these are generally lower bitrate. Or WEB versions that often top out at 4gb max.

I also had the xfinity cap and it’s definitely manageable but you’ll definitely not want it grabbing multiples of the same film.

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

Bank posted:

So, first world problem but I have a 1TB limit with Xfinity and all the titles I want are only offered in some crazy high quality that I don't care for. I specify 720p or better in radarr but most of the stuff I find is 4K. Looking for these things elsewhere I can find collections at the quality I want (<2gb for a 60m file).

Is my setup missing something, or is this just due to the provider having things being taken down? FWIW I have Usenetserver with a lifetime NZBgeek sub.

Xfinity does have an unlimited tier for an extra $50 that they seem to not advertise much, last time I checked. It's what I use since my monthly data usage is in the 4-8tb range.....

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Also don’t forget you get two monthly grace periods in a 12 month period. I used to buy a new hard disk then go hog wild.

Some of their fiber tiers I believe include no cap as a default too, and might not be any more expensive than cable+$50 fee. I moved to AT&T fiber and hoo boy it’s fun to see those numbers. Newshosting will feed me data at like 95MB/sec.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Also don’t forget you get two monthly grace periods in a 12 month period. I used to buy a new hard disk then go hog wild.

Some of their fiber tiers I believe include no cap as a default too, and might not be any more expensive than cable+$50 fee. I moved to AT&T fiber and hoo boy it’s fun to see those numbers. Newshosting will feed me data at like 95MB/sec.

I found out the hard way that if you do go over even one time after you’ve used your 2 grade period months they rescind any future offer of grace period months. It doesn’t reset the year, you just never get them again. That’s when I switched to unlimited.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh crazy, I thought it was a 50$ charge for eating up extra I had no idea they pulled the grace periods.

Not gonna lie, I had an excel spreadsheet setup with 3 columns - the date, 1024/date, then amount actually used which id update most days (it was on a work PC so took a few seconds as long as I’d remember) so I could track how much I’d used compared to where I should be for the month. I came reeeeeeal close sometimes and might put my downloaders on pause just in case something big hit I wasn’t expecting and it killed me.

Funnily enough since I’ve gone gigabit and uncapped and I don’t worry, unless At&T’s monitoring tools are garbage, I’m not actually using a huge amount more.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
I'm hoping that the introduction of game streaming and unlimited "wireless" home plans like T-Mobile just introduced will force Comcast to increase their data limits. I don't come to 1TB most months, but the fact that the limit is there is an annoying psychological barrier.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I'm hoping that the introduction of game streaming and unlimited "wireless" home plans like T-Mobile just introduced will force Comcast to increase their data limits. I don't come to 1TB most months, but the fact that the limit is there is an annoying psychological barrier.

I hit the limit twice on Comcast and decided to upgrade to unlimited, sadly.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I hit the limit twice on Comcast and decided to upgrade to unlimited, sadly.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I found one of my old screenshots. Can you guess which month was new HD purchase time?

fraggsta
Feb 2, 2003

mmmm, black straight hair.

sedative posted:

You get 50 API hits and 5 downloada per day for free. 10 Euros a year will get you 1000 API hits and 100 downloads per day. It's one of the better indexers.

I missed this. Presumably there's now no way to get in? :smith:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

sedative posted:

So what eventually happens to the free account in cases like this? Do i have it forever, or does it get purged after X amount of time if i don't buy premium?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Dongattack posted:

So what eventually happens to the free account in cases like this? Do i have it forever, or does it get purged after X amount of time if i don't buy premium?

Mines been chugging along for 2 years on the free tier just fine.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Sweet, wanted to see how it preforms before i decide to pay for more hits, but in reality i will probably forget about it for at least a year.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

fraggsta posted:

I missed this. Presumably there's now no way to get in? :smith:

What's your email?

fraggsta
Feb 2, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

What's your email?

it's my name @ gmail

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

fraggsta posted:

it's my name @ gmail

Sent.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Dongattack posted:

Sweet, wanted to see how it preforms before i decide to pay for more hits, but in reality i will probably forget about it for at least a year.

None of them seem to be super strict the way the private trackers are.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

If you're using Sonarr/Radarr you'll probably be pinging it daily anyways.

oh rly
Feb 22, 2006
oh rly ya rly no wai

Duck and Cover posted:

What's your email?

Hey pal. Could I give you my e-mail too?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

oh rly posted:

I only had one invite.

oh rly
Feb 22, 2006
oh rly ya rly no wai

Duck and Cover posted:

I only had one invite.

No worries. Appreciate it anyway.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I found this useful Sonarr guide on filtering between web-dls from various sources. I mistakenly thought Tags in the Indexer Restrictions menu meant the Indexer-side tags and not personal Sonarr-side tags, but nope it's amazing and powerful. Add restrictions/requirements, add a tag, and tag the series. Now you've got per-series filtering! My goal was to make a cartoon exempt from a ban on TBS releases.

e: I was told V3 could do better filtering (wow there's a lot) and upgraded. No obvious resource hit on my lovely Pi 3.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 4, 2019

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Who is TBS anyway? They are amazingly quick with their releases but the releases have a ridiculous amount of compression.

fraggsta
Feb 2, 2003

oh rly posted:

I've got an invite though! Hit me up with your email.

Any idea what's going on with this? I have Firefox and NZB Unity connected to nzbget. When I go into drunkenslug and click on any download link I get the error below saying it was skipped. NZB Unity has detected that it's a newznab site but download icons didn't change to the SAB style arrow. This stuff all works with other sites like dog/cat so I'm not sure what's going on. As a workaround I've been downloading nzbs from the search results screen, which sends you a zip file with the nzb.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

It literally says "No invite discussion!" In the thread title.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Does anyone have a list of the release groups that release poor quality rips? I was going to go off of the list/page that UltimoDragonQuest used but its dated 2 years ago and I'd like to be semi-correct if I'm going to go through the work to mess with my release profiles.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

diremonk posted:

Does anyone have a list of the release groups that release poor quality rips? I was going to go off of the list/page that UltimoDragonQuest used but its dated 2 years ago and I'd like to be semi-correct if I'm going to go through the work to mess with my release profiles.

You mean the scene groups that release the lovely rips from sites like nbc.com? Here's the list that I ignore: BAMBOOZLE, CAFFEiNE, CookieMonster, EDHD, FLX, LiGATE, KOMPOST, LucidTV, TBS, TRUMP, XLF

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that release shows that I watch.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If you’re talking about TV and are prepared to wait, just mark the show up as wanting to be tagged with .AMZN. If they carry it, and you’ll be golden. No re-encoding and direct copies of the files they use.

I grab an aired copy for speed then replace with those (or iTunes) as they become available.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

sedative posted:

You mean the scene groups that release the lovely rips from sites like nbc.com? Here's the list that I ignore: BAMBOOZLE, CAFFEiNE, CookieMonster, EDHD, FLX, LiGATE, KOMPOST, LucidTV, TBS, TRUMP, XLF

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that release shows that I watch.

Cool, thanks for the list. I'll add those to Sonarr. I'll probably add the .amzn tag as well. I don't mind waiting for better quality.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Just a quick selt sanity check, is rolling your own indexed worth it anymore or has obfuscation kind of sailed that ship?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

cr0y posted:

Just a quick selt sanity check, is rolling your own indexed worth it anymore or has obfuscation kind of sailed that ship?

I looked into it a year or so ago, and the amount of work required to de-obfuscate and storage needed turned me off of the idea.

EDIT: If you're good at regex it'll be a bit easier

The Diddler fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 7, 2019

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Used to run my own. Not worth the time really if you can get a couple that are not obfuscated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

New to Usenet. At least since 1994 or so when I posted about paintball.

So is the provider list in the OP still accurate? Any of them better than others? I also have the Xfinity 1TB cap and my idiot kids chew a ton of it up with stupid-rear end Netflix TV shows, so I won't be chugging through 5TB/month or anything.

e: Neat, I found an unlimited "promo" on newshosting for $100 annually, or $8.33/month:
https://controlpanel.newshosting.com/signup/index.php?package=92

I assume this is a good deal, considering their standard 50GB tier is $10/month?

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 7, 2019