Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

love my jewish carpenter president anointed before the world by a winged representative of the shekhinah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The most fun part of the replies to that are the Kamala people trying to make it about them, or this WaPo reporter who just straight-up didn't get the joke

https://twitter.com/AnnieLinskey/status/1195029793969979393

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Victory Position posted:

and before anyone points out that crazy cloud was elected as the first C-SPAM President, let me just say this: two-term president :twisted:

Hmmm, y'know, sorry, gonna have to let D&D coup him, that's what happens with presidents who serve too many terms, y'know.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
The best thing about all this forum tension is how it mimics real life political tension. We can't solve the problems in the real world, but by God, we can recreate them in the virtual world.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Shageletic posted:

There's like 80 pages in there about how many times the CIA hilariously failed to kill Castro.

oh wow a book written by the united states government about the cia, this definitely wasn't released explicitly to create a particular narrative

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/NovaHellion/status/1194426633035251713

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

is that the poll with different MoEs for each candidate or did I just imagine that in a fever dream

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A million people doing a flash-mob line dance at the inauguration of President Buttigieg would be a great image to set to ominous music during a dystopia movie's opening sequence

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

platzapS posted:

I love this loving election.

(Wikipedians are divided as to whether Bloomberg's a candidate)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

is that the poll with different MoEs for each candidate or did I just imagine that in a fever dream

IIRC it was just a different MOE for Bernie, but the MOEs were absurdly large.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

foobardog posted:

The best thing about all this forum tension is how it mimics real life political tension. We can't solve the problems in the real world, but by God, we can recreate them in the virtual world.

Something awful is currently controlled by comfortable white moderates who prefer the absence of tension over the presence of justice.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Werebt the giant MOEs for who the second choice was for voters, not first choice

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

loquacius posted:

A million people doing a flash-mob line dance at the inauguration of President Buttigieg would be a great image to set to ominous music during a dystopia movie's opening sequence

"It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. Winston Smith, his chin nuzzled into his breast in an effort to escape the vile wind, slipped quickly through the glass doors of Victory Mansions, though not quickly enough to prevent a swirl of gritty dust from entering along with him. Outside, boring middle class white people danced as though enthusiasm could overcome mediocrity."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I feel like a 14-point swing for Bernie is one of those things that would have made the pollster go "throwing this obvious outlier straight in the garbage" but it's Pete so queue up the dancers

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

platzapS posted:

I love this loving election.

(Wikipedians are divided as to whether Bloomberg's a candidate)

what am I even looking at here

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Polls are propaganda y'all

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

loquacius posted:

I feel like a 14-point swing for Bernie is one of those things that would have made the pollster go "throwing this obvious outlier straight in the garbage" but it's Pete so queue up the dancers

Yeah, there was an Emerson poll a couple months ago where that literally happened.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Say it with me

Polls are poo poo

Polls are bad

Polls are propaganda

Polls are bad ⤵

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

pollpooganda

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Remember when bernie swung 12 points and then the pollster had to put out a press briefing saying that they will screen out any polls that show him in the lead from now on

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

spacemang_spliff posted:

Move cspam to like CineD or Goons with Spoons at let them deal with it lol

coupons is sitting right there, just saying

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Put it on a t-shirt

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

The most fun part of the replies to that are the Kamala people trying to make it about them, or this WaPo reporter who just straight-up didn't get the joke

https://twitter.com/AnnieLinskey/status/1195029793969979393

Those Kamala drones are bots right?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
it couldn't be simpler. polls are good when they say bernie is winning and are bad when they dont

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

We had a couple then someone refused to relinquish (non-existent) power and allow for a new election ie: the thread ran its course and everyone just got bored and stopped. Which is a pity, as I'd built in a Sinister Forums Illuminati faction working behind the scenes to PM whomever the sitting president was with orders to do nonsensical things "Miscapitalize the third proper noun in every sentence you post in the Trump thread, or else!"

I like this place and do not want it to go the way of LF.

tbh I don't know why cspam shouldn't be top level if PHIZ is

I don't even know if anyone posts in PHIZ anymore

like unironically, if I'm wrong I'm wrong but nobody ever brings it up

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zhulik posted:

it couldn't be simpler. polls are good when they say bernie is winning and are bad when they dont

actually, polls, are always bad

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Zhulik posted:

In all cases they exist to justify fraudulent election outcomes and suppress progressive/left turnout

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Riot Bimbo posted:

Polls are propaganda y'all

:hmmyes:

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
i wouldnt mind a fraudulent election outcome if the outcome was bernie

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Chokes McGee posted:

tbh I don't know why cspam shouldn't be top level if PHIZ is

I don't even know if anyone posts in PHIZ anymore

like unironically, if I'm wrong I'm wrong but nobody ever brings it up

Not that I was asked at the time, but perhaps the time to have made this place top-level was when it first became a permanent forum (having first been a RSF), but given the similarity in subject material it seemed to make sense then to make it a D&D sub (also there was precedence of LF having been a D&D sub). That we've been here so long, and that the original core of CSPAM posters were initially emigres from D&D, I don't know that the two could be disentangled simply by moving us up a tier, but maybe?

So I'm clear this is just me spitballing, not commenting on anything that is or isn't being proposes among the mods and admins.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zhulik posted:

this guy gets it

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Captain_Maclaine posted:

That we've been here so long, and that the original core of CSPAM posters were initially emigres from D&D,

this isnt really true, there were as many yospos or byob refugees

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Not that I was asked at the time, but perhaps the time to have made this place top-level was when it first became a permanent forum (having first been a RSF), but given the similarity in subject material it seemed to make sense then to make it a D&D sub (also there was precedence of LF having been a D&D sub). That we've been here so long, and that the original core of CSPAM posters were initially emigres from D&D, I don't know that the two could be disentangled simply by moving us up a tier, but maybe?

So I'm clear this is just me spitballing, not commenting on anything that is or isn't being proposes among the mods and admins.

I still maintain that making an empty forum called "Hell" or something like that and putting both D&D and CSPAM as subforums of that would be the ideal solution, at least to that problem.

e. The sole post in the Hell Forum would, of course, be Guyovich's stickied "Bernie Panders" post.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

docbeard posted:

I still maintain that making an empty forum called "Hell" or something like that and putting both D&D and CSPAM as subforums of that would be the ideal solution, at least to that problem.

e. The sole post in the Hell Forum would, of course, be Guyovich's stickied "Bernie Panders" post.

Surely you mean "Helldump"

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Majorian posted:

IIRC it was just a different MOE for Bernie, but the MOEs were absurdly large.

That was being misrepresented a bit because those high MOEs were specifically for 2nd choice candidates (ex: warren is 46%, + or - 14% as a second choice for Sanders - i think) and it's probably because Sanders was the lowest N of all of the top candidates.

full text:

quote:

The poll asked voters to name a second choice candidate. When first and second choices are combined Buttigieg (37%) and Warren (35%) are the leading picks. They are followed by Biden (29%) and Sanders (25%), along with Klobuchar (14%), Harris (9%), Steyer (6%), Booker (4%), Yang (4%), and Gabbard (3%). Among Buttigieg voters, the top second choices are Warren (21%), Biden (20%), and Klobuchar (15%). Among Biden voters, the second slot goes to Buttigieg (22%), Warren (20%), and Klobuchar (17%). Among Warren voters, it’s Sanders (33%), Buttigieg (26%), and Biden (16%). Among Sanders voters, Warren stands alone in second place (46%). Among voters who are currently supporting a candidate not in the top tier – and thus may be more likely to realign on caucus night – second choices include Buttigieg (28%), Sanders (16%), and Warren (15%). [Note: the maximum margin of error for these results ranges from +/-8% to +/-10% for each candidate group, except Sanders at +/-14%.]

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fleetwood posted:

do you have to read the other books first or can you start cold with A Little Hatred?

oh i'll jump in on this

you can absolutely jump in at A Little Hatred but its definitely a sequel to his first trilogy and there's some stuff you'll miss if you dont read it

nothing major but some fun little details

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
just gonna remind erryone as someone who was an lf regular that it was a fyad post that brought the secret service investigation which was used as pretense to shut LF, hth

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Captain_Maclaine posted:

no it absolutley could, i think lf could have too

at a certain point the posting culture becomes so distinct that keeping it as a sub doesnt work

like musicians lounge isnt REALLY that different from nmd except in its focus, but would you make phiz a sub of nmd? no, that's dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
ask cefte, fish steer a dhow, kylejack (lol) goatstein (post the steampunk wedding photos), ummm i cannot remember too many of my other departed wddp and postplace.org departed brothers and sisters