Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Usually fridging is reserved for characters who aren't much characters in their own right. Main characters dying is just like.. stuff that happens in plot. You fridge someone's otherwise unimportant girlfriend or other female character with no agency. Cio's a character. That being said I don't have any reason to believe she'd be dying anyway so :shrug:

Edit: Also there's plenty of other reasons why people might not like the end of this chapter. For one, Zaid's involved right now and I don't think anyone likes him very much outside of rescuing him is currently Allison's goal. Who knows. Maybe he'll make Allison slip into her old self a little. Maybe she'll do something stupid like ACTUALLY give that loser the key, or doubt herself upon meeting a reminder of her old life.

Glagha fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Nov 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

PMush Perfect posted:

What is with y'all and predicting that Abaddon is going to fridge Cio?

Mask shattered, maybe; but fridged for good, no. Cio's been around since the beginning, so I'd expect she'll be around until the end.

On the other hand, Cio's already survived having her mask broken once, although she arguably wasn't yet Cio when it happened. With Cio's current character arc focusing on discovering or settling her identity in some way, I could see her mask breaking as the logical conclusion of that arc, where she gets to well and truly define who she wants to be. But if Abbadon had Cio in mind as a major actor since the very beginning, there's no way she won't be there to the end.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Or maybe the dreaded thing that might happen is that the possession is semi-permanent so Cio will be stuck with Allison's body and lose her own, which will suck because we won't get to enjoy her fashion choices.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Cio is the least likely to die of all of them.

She’s noted in future history as the super annoying chronicler of the Rising King, and historians hate her. She’s going to be around all through the story.

My money’s on us hating the ending because Allison’s going to skip out on fighting Solomon in some fashion. Reach heaven through sequence breaking,

OlaOst
Oct 17, 2012

Allison's going to freak out and run off screaming with the mask, slamming it on White Chains face

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
"We're going to hate it" because Solomon is bypassed entirely for [reasons] and the assumed clash never happens.

Is my guess. Not saying this is backed up by anything but wild guessing.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Maybe it will be a break with the semi-established chapter structure of Alison meeting a demiurge and severly disrupting the established order through furious dumbassery; Salami Dave will just clown on Alison and remain completely unperturbed while doing it. Him coming out completly unscathed from their confrontation would be something most people would hate.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Is it in bad form to talk about the patreon previews in this thread? Because, oh boy.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
My jaw loving dropped. I cannot wait to see this colored. Also, yes, a very horny page.

Alison was A/B/SS+ with Horniness/Juice/Dumb Bitch Energy.
Alicio will be SS+/A/SS+

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 15, 2019

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Allison gives Zaid the Key of Kings and he reacts exactly as poorly as she did, teleportation and all

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

habeasdorkus posted:

My jaw loving dropped. I cannot wait to see this colored. Also, yes, a very horny page.

Alison was A/B/SS+ with Horniness/Juice/Dumb Bitch Energy.
Alicio will be SS+/A/SS+
I completely concur. This has been a very exciting Friday so far, but this brings things way over the top and I am extremely hype to see color (and any dialogue)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

Is it in bad form to talk about the patreon previews in this thread? Because, oh boy.
Yes I'm foaming like a rabid animal

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think it's fine to comment that it's made you excited but not any details.

And I concur. :thumbsup:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I think it's fine to post your reactions, because it will goad anyone who doesn't patreon to get on it. Just not details or discussion.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
:getin:

You could tell Operant had fun making the page even if he hadn't said so.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

gently caress

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

https://twitter.com/tartsartsnfarts/status/1195210080356126720

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

The upcoming page is cask strength gay, y’all.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

*The sight causes every Gog in the multiverse spontaneously explode back into worms*

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Whenever the comic is delayed it's because Abaddon is spending a day yelling at his tablet with his aura ablaze

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Xand_Man posted:

Whenever the comic is delayed it's because Abaddon is spending a day yelling at his tablet with his aura ablaze

And this... is to go even further beyond! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Draws a boob

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Glagha posted:

And this... is to go even further beyond! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Draws a boob

Draws another boob.

Draws clothing disintegrating as the physical reality around him also disintegrates.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The real shock was Cio taking off her mask without knocking off her glasses. She's that good.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1195478570476417025

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

"ALLICIO" gently caress YES THIS IS SOME STEVEN UNIVERSE poo poo AND I LOVE IT

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
HOLY poo poo

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
More like ALLxCIO

Devil possession is 9/10th if the law

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ITS HAPPENING

AAAAAA

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"ALLICIO" gently caress YES THIS IS SOME STEVEN UNIVERSE poo poo AND I LOVE IT

https://twitter.com/orbitaldropkick/status/1195479526425452544?s=21

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

quote:

“During the Universal war, it was theorized that placing an intact devil mask upon a living human, still containing some of that devil’s essence, could create a fused being – a devilskin warrior. The human would benefit from the devil as a sort of armor, the devil from the direct access to the human soul flame. Such a warrior could be pushed far beyond the limits of both devil and man, employing the strengths of both, and could eventually rival the demiurges in sheer power.

In practice, many attempts were made at creating such warriors, but in almost all cases, the human ended up mentally rejecting the devil, or the devil ended up quickly subsuming its host and burning out. Two powerful beings sharing the same flesh – one can only imagine the clash of egos that would take place, or the sheer mental control to fight with such a powerful body. The few that did survive became terrors on the battlefield but did not survive the war.

so uh what if that warrior is kinda their own girlfriend and also happens to have the Key of Kings? that's probably pretty good for the ol' power level

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
CONSTRUCTICONS UNITE

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I think the power of this page turned me gay

And I love it

Hey whatevs, both things are good things

I mean technically both got it from Dragonball anyway

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

TITS OUT

FISTS OUT

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

the fierce deity mask was always way op

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Also I gotta say I'm real disappointed we don't get to see the front angle of Cio's mask just casually talking while disembodied in Alison's hands

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This is really quite hot.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Well, that happened.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
DEVIL SKIN WARRIOR

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Let’s see you find an achewood strip for this one, fuckers

Empere
Dec 30, 2008
So this is a combination of the Master Key of Kings and a former ebon devil, who is hinted to be subconsciously restraining herself as a blue. Powered by love, mutual trust, and gay.

I think Gog just won sweeps week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Intersting note in the blog post below - has a direct explanation for Preem Nand's daughters:

“During the Universal war, it was theorized that placing an intact devil mask upon a living human, still containing some of that devil’s essence, could create a fused being – a devilskin warrior. The human would benefit from the devil as a sort of armor, the devil from the direct access to the human soul flame. Such a warrior could be pushed far beyond the limits of both devil and man, employing the strengths of both, and could eventually rival the demiurges in sheer power.

In practice, many attempts were made at creating such warriors, but in almost all cases, the human ended up mentally rejecting the devil, or the devil ended up quickly subsuming its host and burning out. Two powerful beings sharing the same flesh – one can only imagine the clash of egos that would take place, or the sheer mental control to fight with such a powerful body. The few that did survive became terrors on the battlefield but did not survive the war.

The practice still persists among devilkind in a more degenerate form, with the creation of ‘hollows’. Well-connected devils will go to great lengths to kidnap human chattel, which are ritualistically ‘hollowed’ out, personality and face alike, their life force preserve through arcane means until the devil may possess them at its leisure, without any inconvenience.

Both rituals are abhorrent in any case. Though I do wonder if any extant records of the practice exist…”

– Payapop Pritram