Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

spb posted:

Page Not Found

https://twitter.com/BWeaverufc/status/1194362246593421312

This video starts like 2 seconds in to the fight instead of 2 seconds before, and I think is a very slightly different angle, paste the link in to Streamable if you care to preserve it but I don't think it's worth it, also twitter is way less likely to delete that poo poo than Instagram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Why is Artem Lobov involved?

Why is Artem Lobov?

Just...in general?

The tweet/ig post was promoting Knight's bareknuckle rematch with Lobov.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Da Big Gooch, Kyoji Horiguchi tore his ACL and is out of the RIZIN NYE main event. He's also dropped the RIZIN bantamweight title, but not the Bellator belt

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Da Big Gooch, Kyoji Horiguchi tore his ACL and is out of the RIZIN NYE main event. He's also dropped the RIZIN bantamweight title, but not the Bellator belt

Wait I actually thought the dude that beat him last fight was the new champ but Wikipedia says it's a non-title fight? Why was that? I don't really know much about how RIZIN structures their poo poo.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Brut posted:

Wait I actually thought the dude that beat him last fight was the new champ but Wikipedia says it's a non-title fight? Why was that? I don't really know much about how RIZIN structures their poo poo.

I think the best answer is "because japan" since champs having non-title fights was a PRIDE thing, too.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Jason Knight with a follow up on bathroom stall self defense:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVTdTcZFfhc

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Hey this young chap looks familiar.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

There was just an unbelievably scary elbow KO on LFA. Even Militech was like "loving poo poo I've never seen something like that."

I'll post it if I see a gif of it come by on twitter. Keep an eye out. Winner was Jose Johnson.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

https://twitter.com/MMAPORT/status/1195556500787335169

Dude was out and facedown for what felt like a full minute and kept down for several more

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Ross Pearson got KO'd by a rolling thunder kick at some b show:

https://twitter.com/ImShannonTho/status/1195834615581286400

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't seen him fight since he knocked out Wandy's nephew in Japan, but when did Krazy Horse change his nickname to Felony?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lobov getting chewed up here. Looks like Knight went and found an amateur-style boxing coach and learned to throw long, straight punches.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
The man with slightly less tiny arms shall prevail.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Probably a broken cheekbone or orbital there. That was a lot like Lawler-MacDonald II with the delated reaction into the turtle.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Wise Learned Man posted:

I haven't seen him fight since he knocked out Wandy's nephew in Japan, but when did Krazy Horse change his nickname to Felony?

It's a change atop a change. He was Kid Khaos during his first comeback, and then he went to jail for assault yet again in 2013, this time on a family member, and he announced the change during a phone interview from lockup. He says it stands for gently caress Everybody Left Offended Next Year.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Does BKFC stuff belong here or boxing or streetbeefs? Anyway, huge signing:

https://twitter.com/mma_kings/status/1195886790303002630?s=20

They announced it during BKFC 9 like they were hacked by ISIS.

Edit: also has anyone ever found video footage of the Hulk actually walking around?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Eh I think when it's something like Lobov vs Knight who both have had at least a somewhat notable MMA presence it totally belongs here, if it's synthol boy vs paulie jersey shore then probably boxing.

ccubed posted:

Edit: also has anyone ever found video footage of the Hulk actually walking around?

Why would he need to walk around can't you see that he's definitely actually driving that car with plastic covers on everything, he can totally move his arms by the way, we promise.

Brut fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 17, 2019

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BKFC and the like should be fine in the B-League thread though if it continues to build up some steam I can't see why a seperate thread wouldn't be good. There's a relatively dead Kickboxing thread that's still open :shrug:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mekchu posted:

BKFC and the like should be fine in the B-League thread though if it continues to build up some steam I can't see why a seperate thread wouldn't be good. There's a relatively dead Kickboxing thread that's still open :shrug:

My thought on that is that it would only be necessary if there were enough discussion of both topics going on here to make it conflicting and confusing, and that's not the case

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

ccubed posted:

It's probably just a publicity stunt, I remember right around this time last year KSW announced that this guy would fight the steroid cricket dude Martyn Ford and it never happened.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ccubed posted:

None of the images you've ever seen of him published are untouched. His main two weapons are synthol and photoshop.

This is him without retouching, he's just a big fat oval office.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lol. That rules.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Iranian Hulk vs Aorigele loving book it

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Bushmeister posted:

Iranian Hulk vs Aorigele loving book it

Iranian Hulk vs Dada 5000

:getin:

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

TheKingslayer posted:

Iranian Hulk vs Dada 5000

:getin:

If you chose the referee right (read: decrepit enough), you could be looking at the first ever MMA fight with a 300% fatality rate

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kimbo Dead
Dada alive(but died for a few seconds)

I can never keep that straight.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Memento posted:

None of the images you've ever seen of him published are untouched. His main two weapons are synthol and photoshop.

This is him without retouching, he's just a big fat oval office.

Zangief really let himself go

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've seen IH's training vids. Just doing two laps around him will tire him out.

Was bummed and sorta relived the KSW fight never happened.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

My thought on that is that it would only be necessary if there were enough discussion of both topics going on here to make it conflicting and confusing, and that's not the case

Yeah. I think BKFC is fine for B-League and shouldn't have its own thread until it gets a lot of discussion/momentum. Maybe a GDT thread? But even for Bellator we don't do those lol.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Athletic posted:

Question: Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship has signed ‘Iranian Hulk’ Sajad Gharibi. Who does he fight first?

Ben Fowlkes: Any seat on a commercial airplane followed soon thereafter with a scintillating match against the doorway to the lavatory. He loses both via unanimous decision.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Holy poo poo...Titan FC champ had a stroke because of his weight cut and is likely paralyzed in half his body.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...mma-health-news

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

JaySB posted:

Holy poo poo...Titan FC champ had a stroke because of his weight cut and is likely paralyzed in half his body.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...mma-health-news

Christ. Shows how dangerous even the 10% cuts are

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

the most disgusting thing about the whole ordeal is Titan FC isn't even covering his medical care, they started a Go Fund Me for it. :smith:

E:

TheReverend posted:

I think the insurance promotions are required to have only cover the 15 minutes of actual fighting 😓

yeah that's super depressing

TheTofuShop fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Nov 19, 2019

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isn't Titan FC super small?

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah but not Wild Bills small...

I think the insurance promotions are required to have only cover the 15 minutes of actual fighting 😓

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

In this case, from what I gather, the fight wasn't actually with Titan FC - he went and fought in some even smaller regional promotion.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

quote:

Ortiz and El Patron, who will face off at a 210-pound catchweight, have agreed to an unprecedented and historic “winner take all” title belt challenge.

If Ortiz emerges victorious in the bout, he will take possession of El Patrón’s WWE title belt. If El Patrón wins the fight, however, Ortiz will relinquish possession of his UFC title belt to his opponent.

Umm what?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Seems like a cool bet.

Plus it sets up a future memorabilia heist ala OJ.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently there is a thing called the IMMAF (International MMA Federation) and they had world championships and somehow UFC put up a video on it on their YouTube page?

I'm all kinds of confused here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGOIkic1fts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Mekchu posted:

Apparently there is a thing called the IMMAF (International MMA Federation) and they had world championships and somehow UFC put up a video on it on their YouTube page?

I'm all kinds of confused here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGOIkic1fts

Yeah it's amateur fights, they're using shinguards and poo poo, bigger gloves. Probably some kind of broadcast partnership with UFC/Fightpass.

Brut fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Nov 21, 2019