Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lol if you don't have Enrique execute anyone who has a maid and redistribute their stolen wealth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Mofette posted:

I have been doing some decorating, and thought I'd use this thread, but then I read it from the beginning and went through the whole thing after seeing the bathdoom, and I'm still not sure. Is this where we post things that are (hopefully) successes, or just bad things?

We love seeing goon projects in this thread and are happy to offer advice.

Between goon projects we post the more "inspired" examples of interior decoration we find on the internet.

BeatmasterJ was a rare crossover between those themes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mofette posted:

I have been doing some decorating, and thought I'd use this thread, but then I read it from the beginning and went through the whole thing after seeing the bathdoom, and I'm still not sure. Is this where we post things that are (hopefully) successes, or just bad things?

Are you extremely stupid and/or weirdly sexist like beastmasterJO? If not, you should be safe.

e: And if you are, please post your project ITT.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I want to post more of my projects but at the moment they're more about function over form. Sealing for the winter, etc

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I actually have a real thing, and that’s wondering if anyone makes an entryway key hangar that’s not a cheap ugly POS

I looked at Alessi and Hive and they got nothin. DWR has this mirror plus cubby thing that’s not bad but a bit large

Also, no items without the name/house of the designer being known

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

PRADA SLUT posted:

an entryway key hangar

PRADA SLUT posted:

Never stop being you, PS.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PRADA SLUT posted:

I actually have a real thing, and that’s wondering if anyone makes an entryway key hangar that’s not a cheap ugly POS

In short: no.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I use a hallway mirror and glued a bunch of flat neodymium magnets inside the wooden frame.

So, when I come home I just toss my keys at the mirror's frame.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

PRADA SLUT posted:

I looked at Alessi and Hive and they got nothin. DWR has this mirror plus cubby thing that’s not bad but a bit large

Designed by Jon Karlsson. Very versatile.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

nielsm posted:

Designed by Jon Karlsson. Very versatile.

Did anyone ask you to prom yet!?!??

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
I purchased a small unfinished wood table that fits nicely next to the door. It has a shallow drawer, two shelves, and a pull-out writing surface, and I finished the wood to match my other furnishings. The top is just deep enough to hold a small lamp and my sunglasses, the shelves hold the things that go in and out of the house all of the time (e.g. reusable grocery bags, dog leash...), the pullout surface is there if I need to sign a delivery receipt or some such, and the drawer is where I put my keys so that I always know where they are. It looks good and serves many functions.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Do we have a general household chores/cleaning/tidying/decluttering thread? I really couldn't come up with any better places to ask than this thread.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

evobatman posted:

Do we have a general household chores/cleaning/tidying/decluttering thread? I really couldn't come up with any better places to ask than this thread.

No, I think Home Spergin' would be closest as a general catch-all house chat. Certainly that sort of discussion has happened here but it usually starts turf wars between the minimalists and the messier livers.

Might be a good candidate for a new thread if you feel it's got legs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jaded Burnout posted:

No, I think Home Spergin' would be closest as a general catch-all house chat. Certainly that sort of discussion has happened here but it usually starts turf wars between the minimalists and the messier livers.

Might be a good candidate for a new thread if you feel it's got legs.

Merge it with the YOSPOS geriatrics thread so it can be renamed GOUTSE.CX & GROUTSE.CX

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
I found a house in my area that features a theater room that lets you seat your friends by how much you like them:

Then lets you retire to the secondary media room when it's time to drink (that is, always):

Bonus very traditional samurai bathroom:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Do not disrespect Poop Knife-sama

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sometimes the fucker fights back when you try to flush it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

HardDiskD posted:

You cannot imagine my disappointment at having been beaten to making the poop knife joke.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

We once had a substitute teacher who told us first thing that he was late because he took a dump so big he had to karate chop it into smaller pieces and then he asked us what kind of music we all liked and said "cool cool, the only music I consider real music is Jimi" and put some Hendrix on for the rest of the class.

Well, that's my poo-smallening story thanks for reading.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Jerry Cotton posted:

We once had a substitute teacher who told us first thing that he was late because he took a dump so big he had to karate chop it into smaller pieces and then he asked us what kind of music we all liked and said "cool cool, the only music I consider real music is Jimi" and put some Hendrix on for the rest of the class.

I used to use a garden stake and throw it from the second story bathroom window into the garden after I was finished using it

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

HardDiskD posted:

Thread title

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Jestery posted:

I used to use a garden stake and throw it from the second story bathroom window into the garden after I was finished using it

lmao

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

PRADA SLUT posted:

Thread title

Interior design: no poop knife in BeatmasterJ’s nonexistent toilet

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Jerry Cotton posted:

For some reason that reminds me of a Jimi poop story one time when he stayed at a friend's shotgun apartment between shows.

edit

TheMightyHandful posted:

Interior design: no poop knife in BeatmasterJ’s nonexistent toilet

You can use that dual purpose poop knife to chop those nuisance joists down to size.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Mr. Mambold posted:

You can use that dual purpose poop knife to chop those nuisance joists down to size.

One of the funniest two-word combos in the English language.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jerry Cotton posted:

And they said Texas schools don't give you a good education!

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
Count the throw pillows. COUNT THEM!

https://www.redfin.com/PA/Sewickley/45-Little-Sewickley-Creek-Rd-15143/home/74686156

But for real I love this house and I don't like a lot of overall houses. This one is ace. Sans pillows.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

That70sHeidi posted:

https://www.redfin.com/PA/Sewickley/45-Little-Sewickley-Creek-Rd-15143/home/74686156

But for real I love this house and I don't like a lot of overall houses. This one is ace. Sans pillows.

You can donate them right back to Goodwill and get a tax rebate.

For real like every Goodwill or thrift store I go to around me is 25% throw pillows by volume. The rest is terrible 90's women's fashions and second hand tapout shirts. I miss south Florida Goodwills x.x

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I counted about 60 although I might have double-counted a few

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

That70sHeidi posted:

But without them the entire house would just be a bowl of oatmeal. It's not like throw pillows save you from being basic as gently caress, but at least they make it a little less boring.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

The interior is really nice, sans pillows.

My first impression of the first exterior photo was - "it looks like a small town train station".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Goober Peas posted:

My first impression of the first exterior photo was - "it looks like a small town train station".

Your small town train stations suck.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Goober Peas posted:

I think it's gorgeous. It's not 2.6 million dollars for a suburb of Pittsburgh gorgeous, even if you do have the penguins living next door to you, but it is a really nice house.
Edit: Goddamn that's a lot of pillows.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 22, 2019

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I counted 64 pillows (not including the two on the bed). Good lord.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
for sale
two pillows
never used

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Writer’s Shed designed by Matt Gibson https://www.dezeen.com/2019/07/23/writers-shed-matt-gibson-garden-studio-ivy/

I wish it had a ramp instead of a tiny step up.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

why is that Exit sign not above the exit

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

why is that Exit sign not above the exit

Because our real exit from our problems is not a drab doorway to a garden, but rather a library full of other worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Because our real exit from our problems is not a drab doorway to a garden, but rather a library full of other worlds.

But you can't see the Exit sign from the outside either, given that angle.