Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
It seems like they replaced HQ with hardpoint on shoothouse 24/7 and it's a way worse mode playing with randoms. Can't rock EOD and just cap points cause you have to be on it 100% of the time.

Edit: Or not, HQ still there. Just comes up way less

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Yes! Finally got the blue dot reticle for my holo sight by getting three kills per life 150 times!

what other video games are out there lol

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Good news everyone! Spec Ops missions aren't dumb poo poo hard anymore! Idk what exactly they did but I just did headhunter with randoms and it went smooth and took like 15 minutes? Ppl still needed to get revived but for the most part everything died not too long after you start shooting at them. AI seemed less accurate overall as well.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Oh rad they changed to the requirements for unlocking the riot shield’s Topo camo skins. Instead of needing double kills its a much more reasonable “get two kills in one life”

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Trying to lvl the Kilo 141 is like passing a kidney stone. This might be the single worst AR in any CoD ive ever played

gently caress this trash gun

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Looks like Gun Game is back on the menu, boys. :getin:

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

banned from Starbucks posted:

Trying to lvl the Kilo 141 is like passing a kidney stone. This might be the single worst AR in any CoD ive ever played

gently caress this trash gun

What's wrong with it ? it seems to be super average at everything, very much like the M4 but with less ROF.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
SCAR ADS change did... nothing. Probably a good they didn't make it worse considering it has LMG level ADS (what)

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So glad I'm not bound by this self imposed need to level every weapon. M4 for lifeuntil its super nerfed baby

The best is when your own teammates complain about the other team using it. A goon declared on dc that people who use it are such "joyless motherfuckers". I hadn't came up with a clever name for my AR loadout so thats what I called it

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I keep an M4 kit just cuz if you can't beat em join em. AUG is probably my favorite gun in the game though

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

codo27 posted:

So glad I'm not bound by this self imposed need to level every weapon. M4 for lifeuntil its super nerfed baby

The best is when your own teammates complain about the other team using it. A goon declared on dc that people who use it are such "joyless motherfuckers". I hadn't came up with a clever name for my AR loadout so thats what I called it

hey btw dude you’re a joyless motherfucker, variety is the spice of life

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gun game is sick, I just won my first match

I didn't realize I had to use the throwing knife for the last kill so I almost lost. I was meleeing people

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

eonwe posted:

I didn't realize I had to use the throwing knife for the last kill so I almost lost. I was meleeing people

Winning by keeping everyone else from reaching the throwing knife is the real victory.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I know it's just a Treyarch thing, but Sticks & Stones is also very good.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Hi I can’t form my own opinion can anyone recommend a YouTube channel that can tell me which guns I like?

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

rap music posted:

Hi I can’t form my own opinion can anyone recommend a YouTube channel that can tell me which guns I like?

M4 with Overkill over under shotty (785?)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

rap music posted:

Wings of Redemption

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Tokubetsu posted:

Good news everyone! Spec Ops missions aren't dumb poo poo hard anymore! Idk what exactly they did but I just did headhunter with randoms and it went smooth and took like 15 minutes? Ppl still needed to get revived but for the most part everything died not too long after you start shooting at them. AI seemed less accurate overall as well.

Kinda feel like the enemies hit harder and are more accurate (or maybe it's just because they're chewing armor in one or two shots and that makes it feel like they're more accurate) but there's less of them. So many less in fact that when I completed Paladin the entire first chunk had one loving guy in it until waves started at the pool. Easiest hack of all time. We didn't stealth it, we went loud, too.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

rap music posted:

My sarcasm detector isnt working at the moment, so heres a suggestion for a good youtube channel for in depth analysis of the various guns.

EDIT: for some reason I cant link youtube channels without the post script loving it up. Just search for "ThexclusiveAce" on youtube. He has a lot of videos where he shows recoil spread and goes indepth on various attachments and their effects of the weapons. Kinda interesting actually.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was on a 29 killstreak on shoot house last night and snuck up behind someone for my 30th kill... then ran out of ammo. He turned around and killed me and I will never get that close to a nuke again 😞

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

RCarr posted:

I was on a 29 killstreak on shoot house last night and snuck up behind someone for my 30th kill... then ran out of ammo. He turned around and killed me and I will never get that close to a nuke again 😞

I'm holding strong at a 29 kill streak too. I've never gotten a nuke in any game, I feel the tradition will continue this year.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

oh my bad to clarify I was being a smarmy rear end because guys that refuse to switch off the m4 really chap my rear end

if I die to a gold m4 and/or 725 i am both angered and harshly judgmental but like totally don’t even care

I know full well what the meta is

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

rap music posted:

oh my bad to clarify I was being a smarmy rear end because guys that refuse to switch off the m4 really chap my rear end

if I die to a gold m4 and/or 725 i am both angered and harshly judgmental but like totally don’t even care

I know full well what the meta is

honestly agreed. The M4 and 725 are major crutches. I rock a M91/MP7 combo, and it's not ideal, but it gets the job done. Admittedly, I don't have great K/D ratio but I still have a lot of fun unless I'm getting curbstomped.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Beastie posted:

Wings of Redemption

LOOK HERE! LOOK LISTEN!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The SCAR is so good but the upgrade path for it is a real slog. It’s taking forever to make that snail speed ADS go away and that tiny rear end clip gets me killed while reloading so much. I can tell this thing is going to eventually be an absolute beast at the end though. TBH it’s so much better than the Oden as much as I hate to say it. It’s like a perfect middle ground between Oden and the fast ROF ARs

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Ubiquitous_ posted:

honestly agreed. The M4 and 725 are major crutches. I rock a M91/MP7 combo, and it's not ideal, but it gets the job done. Admittedly, I don't have great K/D ratio but I still have a lot of fun unless I'm getting curbstomped.

The way cooler alt-meta build is AK/shotvulver imo

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
A red dot SVD and aksu overkill combo is real neat but wildly impractical.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Mae posted:

The way cooler alt-meta build is AK/shotvulver imo

Oooh. I’ll give that a try!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've been playing Death Stranding for 2 weeks so I didn't get to experience either of the last 2 725 nerfs, but I played with it a bunch last night and it feels fine now? Doesn't feel op at all to me.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Once you're down 50 points in HC Dom it should be legal to kill any of your teammates with 0 captures and 0 defends.

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015
I feel like I've been stuck with the ""good"" players for awhile and it is breaking my will to play. So many 155 level autistic people owning the gently caress out of me. Let me back with the scrubs where I belong please 😢

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

GD_American posted:

Once you're down 50 points in HC Dom it should be legal to kill any of your teammates with 0 captures and 0 defends.

There have been HC matches I've thought long and hard about rage killing my entire team.

Does anyone elses performance just go to poo poo after a while on longer sessions? Seems after an hour or so lately I gotta restart the game because my frame rate will drat near cut in half for no reason. And I know the troublesome maps, but it'll happen everywhere.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Just deliberately tank your kd for a few rounds

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The Shield Turret is still complete poo poo, but I've figured out a few spots to throw it down to get a few kills. It's less good at defending a point than it is firing across 2-3 lanes of a map sideways and cutting off people's approaches.

30/40 kills done. Then I will never ever get one of them again (that doesn't come from a care package)

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

GD_American posted:

The Shield Turret is still complete poo poo, but I've figured out a few spots to throw it down to get a few kills. It's less good at defending a point than it is firing across 2-3 lanes of a map sideways and cutting off people's approaches.

30/40 kills done. Then I will never ever get one of them again (that doesn't come from a care package)

I got 2 shield turrets back to back in care packages in the same game. Still didn’t even use them because they are so garbage.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Trying to get the 357 to 29 to get the snake shot, and this is just painful. This is one of the worst guns I’ve ever used in a shooter. The tiny delay on that first shot is loving excruciating.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Trying to get the 357 to 29 to get the snake shot, and this is just painful. This is one of the worst guns I’ve ever used in a shooter. The tiny delay on that first shot is loving excruciating.

357 kick rear end in hardcore.
1 bullet to kill at pretty much any range, halfway trough the grind you can even put a scope then a stock on it.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

The SCAR is so good but the upgrade path for it is a real slog. It’s taking forever to make that snail speed ADS go away and that tiny rear end clip gets me killed while reloading so much. I can tell this thing is going to eventually be an absolute beast at the end though. TBH it’s so much better than the Oden as much as I hate to say it. It’s like a perfect middle ground between Oden and the fast ROF ARs

How does it compare to the AK ?
The AK seem very similar but come with an extended mag and more swag points for my warlord operator.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
M13 with no stock and the short barrel *chef's kiss*

gun doesn't seem to hit as hard as the other ARs so gently caress it use it like an smg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Krogort posted:

How does it compare to the AK ?
The AK seem very similar but come with an extended mag and more swag points for my warlord operator.

To me they are pretty close but the scar has better recoil. I find it easier to use without a bunch of upgrades.