Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Theophany posted:

Sorry to bring this turd after a curry of a thread back to racing, but holy lmao:

https://grist.org/article/ford-v-ferrari-is-the-climate-change-horror-film-nobody-needed/

I am watching the 24 Hour War on Netflix as I post this and it loving owns.

I'm currently heating my house with that take. :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Theophany posted:

Sorry to bring this turd after a curry of a thread back to racing, but holy lmao:

https://grist.org/article/ford-v-ferrari-is-the-climate-change-horror-film-nobody-needed/

I am watching the 24 Hour War on Netflix as I post this and it loving owns.

What the gently caress

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
As always, this thread is the worst. So have some Jim Clark instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZjrrovam4U

and then some CanAm action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXjZYIzKGCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRmTz3KvSig

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 24, 2019

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Fórmula E looks fun for running over marshals!

https://streamable.com/h4kpg?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

FULL >>> COURSE >>> YELLOW >>>

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It takes a certain art to make F-E coverage worse every year, but by god they're doing it.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Getting flashbacks of the last Korean F1 GP there

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Was that the driving a truck onto an active track?

Something similar happened the same year in IndyCar didnt it?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Serious question.

Who do you guys give Rookie of the year to?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Custard Undies posted:

Serious question.

Vettel. He's pretty immature, but I think he will eventually mature into a competent driver capable of multiple WDCs if he can luck into a team that can build a good car.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Custard Undies posted:

Serious question.

Has to be Quartararo

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I forgot to include mine in the original post sorry.

I think Ben Simmons is going to have a pretty good crack at winning it.

PS: I hate you all! :xd:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

Serious question.

Albon

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Norris started well but has faded a bit towards the end of the season, Giovinazzi seems to have had the opposite trajectory but hasn't yet done anything outstanding. Albon has been solid all season and has easily earned a Red Bull drive for 2020 since he switched in. Russell has done really excellently at Williams, to the point where he's going to be a team leader in his second season of F1, but it is Williams.

1. Albon
2. Russell
3. Norris
4. Giovinazzi

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

Norris started well but has faded a bit towards the end of the season, Giovinazzi seems to have had the opposite trajectory but hasn't yet done anything outstanding. Albon has been solid all season and has easily earned a Red Bull drive for 2020 since he switched in. Russell has done really excellently at Williams, to the point where he's going to be a team leader in his second season of F1, but it is Williams.

1. Albon
2. Russell
3. Norris
4. Giovinazzi

:hmmyes:

Russell is hard to judge, I think he has performed really well too but that Williams is terrible.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I just read Benson's fluff piece on Lewis and all I have to say is

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Custard Undies posted:

Serious question.

I’d have a hard time between Albon and Norris.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
All the rookies are pretty decent though - this is the best rookie class in years.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Russell is thrashing Kubica but a part of me thinks that Robert just doesn’t have it anymore. Not to take away anything from Russell.

I’ve always felt that Giovinazzi had decent raw pace but he’s Italian so he’s accident prone and is kinda boneheaded wheel to wheel.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Giovinazzi wasn’t terribly surprising for me. He’s only measurably improved because he crashed both races before he went full time. Norris and Russel are tied for me since they both exceeded expectation in years they were trying to keep clean. None of us spare a few expected anything at all from McLaren and Williams on a team level. Slight edge to Norris because I like his Twitch steams and he’s bros with one Jimmer Broadbent. Albon came out of nowhere and gets me ROTY vote.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Custard Undies posted:

Serious question.

albon

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Albon is the only sensible choice

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

the kentucky quid posted:

Has to be Quartararo

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Frond posted:

Russell is thrashing Kubica but a part of me thinks that Robert just doesn’t have it anymore. Not to take away anything from Russell.

Kubica hardly raced for better part of a decade, regardless of his arm you can't expect to come back as the same driver. He did a bit of rallying, a GT outing here and there, thought about a ByKolles shitbox drive, then some F1 testing. His lack of racing probably played into his favour for an F1 return in the end as people remembering his potential of years ago and the feelgood factor clouded their judgement on whether he still had it . Had he spent some time in prototypes or something like DTM and only been midfield or worse, completely anonymous, then I don't think anyone in F1 would have bothered to even give him a test. It was never going to work.

spaceblancmange fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 26, 2019

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Williams judged Kubica as competitive in testing for them.
Let this tell you all you need to know about Lance "There's a SECOND qualifying??" Stroll

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Custard Undies posted:

Serious question.

Vettetel

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Albon - outshinining Gasly but has never troubled Verstappen
Russell - absolutely no benchmarks to judge him by
Norris - Solid, his Q pace has been better than race pace, especially lately
Giovinazzi - outclassed by Kimi but who expected anything anyway?

I've no idea how to rank Albon, Russell and Norris.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

Williams judged Kubica as competitive in testing for them.
Let this tell you all you need to know about Lance "There's a SECOND qualifying??" Stroll

I'm not sure if you have watched a Formula One race in the last three years, but using Williams Grand Prix's judgement as supporting evidence for your assertions is a bad idea.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pablo Bluth posted:

I've no idea how to rank Albon, Russell and Norris.

You put the one who drives for McLaren first, OP

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Remember when they pronounced his name like this for some reason

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Remember when they pronounced his name like this for some reason

Fettetel

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Fett's Vettetel

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

You put the one who drives for McLaren first, OP

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Theophany posted:

I'm not sure if you have watched a Formula One race in the last three years, but using Williams Grand Prix's judgement as supporting evidence for your assertions is a bad idea.

This is a good post.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

For some reason my french hotel has german eurosport and is about to show a GT race from macau. Shame I don't speak austrian to understand the commentary.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche posted:

For some reason my french hotel has german eurosport and is about to show a GT race from macau. Shame I don't speak austrian to understand the commentary.

You don't need to understand the commentary to appreciate the carnage.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The question is, why is he not in the Ferrari driver line up promo picture when big Charles is?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Because he’s being retired forcibly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Why are Autosport and other outlets suggesting Honda might not be around after 2020? That's a bit scary. This is about the fourth story I've read on these lines.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/47938/verstappen-red-bull-form-won-t-convince-honda-to-stay-in-f1/