Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bobby Digital posted:

Mine’s on DND all day unless I’m expecting a call.

But like, you can actively shut off individual notifications.

Hell, just to be safe on the rare chance something decides i need to get push notifications my default system sound is just a second of silence. The only things that make noise are a text message or a phone call.

My friend keeps his phone on DND because he gets a ridiculous amount of push notifications he refuses to trim in anyway and it makes it super fun to do things like call or text with "hey i'm at your apartment please open the door so i can get in the building"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I wish there was an app for my phone called "phone" so I could delete it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Some apps are huge pains and won't let you set individual notification settings.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I dunno, this could be very good marketing for a certain demographic.

e: Probably not one with those nails, though.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Some apps are huge pains and won't let you set individual notification settings.
Your phone settings should have a notifications area where you can silence or disable notifications for apps, whether or not the actual app's in-app settings have those functions. (or even set certain apps to override Do Not Disturb, if you have one you really never want to miss)

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

Your phone settings should have a notifications area where you can silence or disable notifications for apps, whether or not the actual app's in-app settings have those functions. (or even set certain apps to override Do Not Disturb, if you have one you really never want to miss)

Android 10 made this really easy, you can just long-press on the notification itself and drag it down into the "silent notifications" area or up into the "alerting notifications" area, and all future notifications from whatever app that is will end up as whatever category you've chosen.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Oh is that what that does? Thanks, I'll remember that next time Disney+ starts pestering me.

I'm watching The Mandalorian, what else do you want from me?!?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Bobby Digital posted:

Mine’s on DND all day unless I’m expecting a call.

Same. Leaving your phone’s ringer on so you can answer every single spam call is incredible boomer poo poo.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sex Hobbit posted:

Same. Leaving your phone’s ringer on so you can answer every single spam call is incredible boomer poo poo.

I get like one a week and Verizon tags them as spam :shrug:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
From the Crappy Construction thread in DIY:

peanut posted:

A cafe/teppanyaki restaurant in my town, lmao.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

C.M. Kruger posted:

From the Crappy Construction thread in DIY:

*sigh* at least it’s not Hitler.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Mierenneuker posted:

*sigh* at least it’s not Hitler.

New thread title?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I guess it obligatory to mention Elon Musk's truck presentation in this thread, but apparently he got an order for 200,000 units already.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The product is by and for idiots with too much money.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
His entire presentation could have been a drawing in crayon on the back of a packet of Cornflakes and they'd have gotten 200k preorders.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

The MSJ posted:

I guess it obligatory to mention Elon Musk's truck presentation in this thread, but apparently he got an order for 200,000 units already.

imagine being someone who preorders a car electric truck thing

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

The MSJ posted:

elon musk sold solar roofing tiles that don't, and probably will never exist, so it's good he's also selling a Brutalist Pontiac Aztek that will also never exist.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Why hasn't Elon try selling his solar roof to rich people in Arab countries? They live in places with a lot of sunlight and are probably the only ones who can afford to buy them.

Come on, the Qatar World Cup people could use the environmentalism clout to take attention away from the slave labor.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The last time Elon scored a big deal to install solar roofs at Walmart they set the roofs on fire.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

?????

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Those are influenced by your browsing history so...

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Don't doxx me please

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My Wish and Alibaba ads are for knives, hiking boots, and dresses lol

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Picnic Princess posted:

My Wish and Alibaba ads are for knives, hiking boots, and dresses lol

I don't know how this happened but it makes me nervous.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Shut up Meg posted:

Well, did you order one?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

HenryEx posted:

Well, did you order one?

I feel strongly that the words 'fumigation' and 'vagina' should never be used in the same sentence.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Shut up Meg posted:

I feel strongly that the words 'fumigation' and 'vagina' should never be used in the same sentence.

I mean how else are you supposed to get rid of cockroaches?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I mean how else are you supposed to get rid of cockroaches?

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:

Shut up Meg posted:

That's not smoke, it's steam!

From the steamed clams!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shut up Meg posted:

This is a womans health treatment in Japan and has gained some popularity in New York and LA and you can read various articles of journalists experiences visiting these spas

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shut up Meg posted:

Aurvulva borealis.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Segmentation Fox posted:

That's not smoke, it's steam!

From the steamed clams!

goddammit

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Holy poo poo, the actual text on the second. "Men marry for love, so it's your fault if your husband stops loving you" "Stay sexually desirable to keep your marriage happy" I know the ~good old days~ were trash, but goddamn.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Technically it's a good marketing move because they sold a lot of Lysol. It's a bad move because that poo poo is horrendous to put in your vagina.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
...May I see it?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

from a 1983 newspaper

I, uh

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

"Take no needless, dangerous chances." Just douche regularly with hydrogen peroxide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/warthunder/status/1199696536936034304?s=21

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)