Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Superheroes are loving brain poison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pomp posted:

Superheroes are loving brain poison

Only if you're an idiot, which,

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Tulip posted:

I don't plan on watching the Mandalorian but it directly lead to that amazing Werner Herzog interview so it's the best star wars.

Which interview? The one where he calls them all cowards for trying to get rid of the Baby Yoda puppet or the one where he talks about watching Wrestlemania?

My love for Herzog does not overcome my contempt and disgust for Disney so I will not be getting Disney+ anytime soon.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/sharkstomeetyou/status/1200090427992481794?s=20

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
"obscure 1960s continuity" is one of those things I'm annoyed I didn't come up with, as a joke, to make about bad opinions about movies

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
the Avengers Endgame portals scene but it’s an army of the most annoying pop culture “critics” on Twitter

https://twitter.com/moodlessss/status/1199934622613811200?s=21

https://twitter.com/moodlessss/status/1199935615032279040?s=21

https://twitter.com/moodlessss/status/1199955454392197120?s=21

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

This lady used to be one of the biggest chuds on RPGnet and spent like a week trying to convince everyone that the idea of Social Justice was invented in 2001 by cultural Marxists to poison the minds of University students. Upon being presented with papal bulls referring to the idea hundreds of years before 2001, she argued that they could not prove that the idea was older than 2002 because she had never heard of the term before.

If you want an even hotter take, a year or two ago she tweeted that she doesn't actually have any principles even now, except on issues that directly effect her.

How she became a lib Twitter superstar I have no loving clue.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Mormon Star Wars posted:

This lady used to be one of the biggest chuds on RPGnet and spent like a week trying to convince everyone that the idea of Social Justice was invented in 2001 by cultural Marxists to poison the minds of University students. Upon being presented with papal bulls referring to the idea hundreds of years before 2001, she argued that they could not prove that the idea was older than 2002 because she had never heard of the term before.

If you want an even hotter take, a year or two ago she tweeted that she doesn't actually have any principles even now, except on issues that directly effect her.

lol are there receipts

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Big Purp continues to blow my mind

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mormon Star Wars posted:

this owns lmao

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1199786019043852289?s=21

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I'm gonna guess that just like Ian Cheong they know that they are dealing with the stupidest protoplasms on Earth which they can easily extract clout from even if they were ideological enemies months before

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I dont understand trans chuds, like, even more so than ethnic/religious minority chuds. At least a black or Jewish person could convince themselves the dogwhistles are aimed at "bad" minorities, and the folks who talk about pogroms/lynching are marginalized. Theres not really dogwhistles for the anti-trans rhetoric, its just open, and often explicitly violent.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Because liberals basically don't have principles except on issues that directly affect them.

It's why they're so quick to give up on anything that could ease life for people who are not them if doing the improvement is at all difficult.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i know excel and hes right, if you generate random numbers in a vacuum without material or historical context the numbers are random!!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I was confused about how he figured that, but thankfully he cleared it up

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1199804899128741888?s=21

???

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Plutonis posted:

I'm gonna guess that just like Ian Cheong they know that they are dealing with the stupidest protoplasms on Earth which they can easily extract clout from even if they were ideological enemies months before

Nah someone else dmed me about her, she sounds like an earnest shithead not a clout chaser

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

wizardofloneliness posted:

Which interview? The one where he calls them all cowards for trying to get rid of the Baby Yoda puppet or the one where he talks about watching Wrestlemania?

My love for Herzog does not overcome my contempt and disgust for Disney so I will not be getting Disney+ anytime soon.

Herzog correctly predicting our kayfabe nightmare world in the early 2000s still amazes the gently caress out of me.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Nah someone else dmed me about her, she sounds like an earnest shithead not a clout chaser

tbf she mostly sounds mentally ill

like, it's gonna be funny how people like that are gonna melt down about bernie winning the nom, but these people are already thoroughly broken

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

wizardofloneliness posted:

the wrestlemania one

I mean, in that interview he says that you should subscribe to criterion over disney plus so

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Treaty of Westphalia was what two years or so?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Congress of Vienna didn't stop war in Europe for even a decade

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/redripping/status/1200172450564235265?s=21

https://twitter.com/amanda_kerri/status/1200125370953084929?s=21

these people are hopeless

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

christmas boots posted:

I was confused about how he figured that, but thankfully he cleared it up

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1199804899128741888?s=21

???

marxism is when you live in a society with an economy

still disappointed that Matt deleted his tweets where he denied the existence of the soviet union

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I had a black kid in school call me the whitest kid he knew once but for some reason I’m not voting for Trump and screaming about white genocide so :thunk:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kitfox88 posted:

I had a black kid in school call me the whitest kid he knew once but for some reason I’m not voting for Trump and screaming about white genocide so :thunk:

Sorry for your lost

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
is it bad faith posting or total blindness to irony

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

snoremac posted:

It can be both

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

I fear that someday I may understand matt stoller

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The thing is about online liberals is they literally see no difference between clout chasing and activism

They have exactly the same worldview as chuds and only draw different conclusions

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Kitfox88 posted:

I had a Haitian coworker call me a stupid honky hick and then stab me in the hand with a fork.

That guy was a raging rear end in a top hat but somehow I didn't start singing the Horst Wessel Leid.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Zeroisanumber posted:

I had a Haitian coworker call me a stupid honky hick and then stab me in the hand with a fork.

That guy was a raging rear end in a top hat but somehow I didn't start singing the Horst Wessel Leid.

This poo poo is all projection. See Donut Twitter.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
https://twitter.com/randpaul/status/1200042818883989510?s=21

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Pomp posted:

Sorry for your lost

it’s ok he was a pastor’s kid so I win cause I could play gta San Andreas and he couldn’t :smuggo:

Zeroisanumber posted:

:chef: :eyepop: were you being a stupid honky hick cause I was totally being super white in my story

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Kitfox88 posted:

it’s ok he was a pastor’s kid so I win cause I could play gta San Andreas and he couldn’t :smuggo:

:chef: :eyepop: were you being a stupid honky hick cause I was totally being super white in my story

No, he was just extremely drunk and high.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

snoremac posted:

it's not bad faith, it's just being consistent with the liberal approach to politics where politicians are the characters from your favorite media franchise and you project whatever positive traits you want onto your candidate (fierce, compassionate, etc). the converse needs to also apply, if you ever see a positive trait in trump, you must be a supporter.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/1200294360450908160

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Liberals literally don't know what unions are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurophage