Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

so much succ thought falls into line when you just remember, 'oh yeah, this person didn't learn a single loving thing from 2016'

:hai:

or just assume they have no pattern recognition and treat them like a child without object permanence

peek a boo works wonders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i despise that popular vote bon mot succ libs love to pull out, it completely ignores how different voting priorities would be if it actually counted like that. i didn't bother voting for hilary since trump was sure as poo poo gonna win texas but i absolutely would've if the electoral college wasn't a thing making my vote pointless

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

it's always worthwhile to point out that no American alive today has ever been permitted to actually vote for the President, the ballots really should be more honest in that regard

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Aside from the obvious reasons to get rid of the electoral college, a big part of me wonders just how different voting patterns would be without it.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Epic High Five posted:

it's always worthwhile to point out that no American alive today has ever been permitted to actually vote for the President, the ballots really should be more honest in that regard

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

to all the firefighters I caged before

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

*extremely succishly* the bernie bros still haven't figured out that calling her a cop actually helps her

*harris polling numbers drop through the loving floor*

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tfw u send a guy off to death row on a technicality

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tetracube posted:

*extremely succishly* the bernie bros still haven't figured out that calling her a cop actually helps her

*harris polling numbers drop through the loving floor*

some succ people were posting favorability polls of cops to prove that :actually: calling her a cop will help her, you dumb bernie bros. people love cops!

lmao

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
does kamala have a primary challenger, she needs kicked out of the loving senate

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a story in three parts

loving bernie!!!!!

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

We can drastically lessen the power of smaller states in the Electoral College simply by expanding the size of the House to 1,100, twice the Wyoming Rule amount. It still leaves the terrible "my vote counts much less depending on what state I live in" system in place, but drastically lessening the GOP and small state advantage from it could make reform a little easier to pass in some states.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

a story in three parts

loving bernie!!!!!

That's my president! Bernie Sanders!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Taintrunner posted:

a story in three parts

loving bernie!!!!!

Apparently that's not entirely true but close. Warren is introducing the bill with Bernie as a co-sponsor. However, this all appears to stem from from a candidate forum back in August where Bernie spoke about it and Warren wasn't asked.

Argus Leader posted:

U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont hung his head down as LeBeau described the impact Wounded Knee has had on Native Americans in South Dakota. He received loud applause when he immediately answered that the medals should "absolutely" be rescinded. The time is overdue for people to have the discussion about the "terrible and horrible things" that were done to Native Americans when Europeans arrived in the United States, although it won't be easy because there's a lot of pain, he said.

"Medals of Honor are given rarely, and they're given to people who do very, very important things," Sanders said. "They're given to people who show great, great bravery. Massacring women and children is not an act of great bravery. It's an act of depravity."

Candidates on the first day of the forum, including U.S. Sens. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, weren't asked about the Wounded Knee medals.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

Tetracube posted:

does kamala have a primary challenger, she needs kicked out of the loving senate

Not yet but it will just be another bay area lib if there is a serious contender. I would guess that she would be pretty locked in, but she's spent most of her first term auditioning for president and her flaws are way more apparent than they were before, so maybe in her weakened state some hotshot will try to take the throne. But then again maybe people are secretly assuming Feinstein won't last until 2024 and would rather suck up to the governor than battle with harris.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Addamere posted:

Of the candidates running for president in 2020, Donald John Trump has the major advantage of having already won that contest once.

i say if you supported hillary in 2016 because she had the most qualified resume its hypocritical to not support trump for re-election because he is the only candidate to have four years of on-the-job experience

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

fact check: 435 people get to vote every election

verdict: ten pinnochios

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tetracube posted:

she isnt up for election until 2022

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Taintrunner posted:

she's c-spam fam and everyone should kick her at the very least few bucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgLyrz5v4rw

I follow her but I did not know this.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

she isnt up for election until 2022

Ah, same as Chuck Schumer :unsmigghh:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

i say if you supported hillary in 2016 because she had the most qualified resume its hypocritical to not support trump for re-election because he is the only candidate to have four years of on-the-job experience

:hai:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

is wretched of the earth any good? amazon always recommends it to me

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shear Modulus posted:

fact check: 435 people get to vote every election

verdict: ten pinnochios

Isn’t it 535?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

powerful

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is wretched of the earth any good? amazon always recommends it to me

yes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/jmslaymaker/status/1199378875433857024

👏 MORE 👏 FEMALE 👏 NAZI 👏 PROPAGANDAISTS 👏

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Thank you, Woke Hitler

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hitler.... welcome to the resistance

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Issuing correction on previous statement about nazi dictator Adolf Hitler. He is not, under any circumstances, "woke bae".

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/jmslaymaker/status/1199378875433857024

👏 MORE 👏 FEMALE 👏 NAZI 👏 PROPAGANDAISTS 👏

i feel like if you write the phrase "say what you will about hitler, but" that should really set off red flags in ur brain to reconsider some poo poo

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The real Kristallnacht was when Hitler broke the glass ceiling in the motion picture industry.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Rand alPaul posted:

The real Kristallnacht was when Hitler broke the glass ceiling in the motion picture industry.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rand alPaul posted:

Woof

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rand alPaul posted:

Folks,

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

it's ridiculous that anyone would try to paint hitler as a feminist when none of the nazi euthanasia doctors were women, nor any of the ss guards manning the gas chambers

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

she's c-spam fam and everyone should kick her at the very least few bucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgLyrz5v4rw

this is a great video. it needs more views.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

:holymoley:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rand alPaul posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rand alPaul posted:

awh loving hell