Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
H3VR is extremely good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUSaxh3OjNk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
"...Gronchy's got to get back to making money laundering^H^H^H^H^H^Hcommunity market places..." :drat:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
[quote="Hellsau" post="500394749"]
H3VR is extremely good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUSaxh3OjNk

If you're wondering about the bullpup rifle, Anton despises the F2000 and it's one of the few he's said he'd never add to the game on general principle.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Specifically, Anton has said the F2000 is basically worthless IRL, so I think the only way we'll see it in game is if he can model it frequently jamming and then make you take the entire thing apart with a screwdriver to clear the jam.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Hellsau posted:

Specifically, Anton has said the F2000 is basically worthless IRL, so I think the only way we'll see it in game is if he can model it frequently jamming and then make you take the entire thing apart with a screwdriver to clear the jam.

Why would i not be surprised to see this

(It's because he's awesome)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Does H3VR have a VSS Vintorez or it's variants? I'm guessing no, but if it does then I'd have to buy the game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jack Trades posted:

Does H3VR have a VSS Vintorez or it's variants? I'm guessing no, but if it does then I'd have to buy the game.

It does actually! Not the Vintorez specifically, but there's a similar suppressed assault rifle that I believe is from the same manufacturer.

Also it'll probably turn up eventually, and Meatmas is a big time for new weapons to get added in bulk.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It does actually! Not the Vintorez specifically, but there's a similar suppressed assault rifle that I believe is from the same manufacturer.

I'm guessing it's an AS Val then, the modernized version.
I'll have to get the game then.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Is there an easy way to filter for cross buy games on the Oculus Rift/Quest stores? I would be more inclined to buy something during the sales knowing that I would be able to play it both as a PCVR game and as a "mobile" game. So far I was only able to figure this out for games that I already own and are cross buy - cause they show up as "Free" in the Quest store...or I guess I could click everything and see if they have Cross Buy enabled, but that also sounds suboptimal.

EDIT: Reddit has a list https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/wiki/crossbuy

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Nov 29, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jack Trades posted:

I'm guessing it's an AS Val then, the modernized version.
I'll have to get the game then.

I have better news for you; I hopped into H3VR to double-check out of curiosity, and the Vintorez IS in the game. It's in the Carbines, and I didn't parse it when I googled it because it had a scope in those pics and H3VR's doesn't.

But don't worry; It's H3VR and that's a thing that can be fixed!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
alright FINE

I'm buying H3 today. 3 years later you guys finally broke me.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Walrus posted:

alright FINE

Wonderful!

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Speaking of H3VR I finally beat Rise of the Rotweiners last night and overall, it was a lot of fun. Diverse enemies, decent loot system that had me using a bunch of guns I normally wouldn't, and situations that actually let you use melee properly.

I'd say my biggest complaints though had to do with the pacfication squad bases and the end game. Those turrets were just annoying. Their weaks spots are so small that given your limited ammo, the only sensible option is to ignore them and run right past them. This was especially true for the bridge at the end. After I disabled the jammers I just booked it as fast as I could to the end without firing once.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Speaking of H3VR I finally beat Rise of the Rotweiners last night and overall, it was a lot of fun. Diverse enemies, decent loot system that had me using a bunch of guns I normally wouldn't, and situations that actually let you use melee properly.

I'd say my biggest complaints though had to do with the pacfication squad bases and the end game. Those turrets were just annoying. Their weaks spots are so small that given your limited ammo, the only sensible option is to ignore them and run right past them. This was especially true for the bridge at the end. After I disabled the jammers I just booked it as fast as I could to the end without firing once.

if you want to feel slightly less bad about that; Do the quests for the Wieners that are spread around, like arming the traps, killing the Hives, etc. It gets you a Ballistic Shield. Alternatively; Get a .308 rifle, slap a scope on it, and lie down on the hill nearby.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Glasses-Havers. Do you find you need the glasses spacer with the quest or can you go without?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Glasses-Havers. Do you find you need the glasses spacer with the quest or can you go without?

I don't even know what the glasses spacer is and I've been happy enough wearing glasses in the Quest, tremendously much more so than in the Rift.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

if you want to feel slightly less bad about that; Do the quests for the Wieners that are spread around, like arming the traps, killing the Hives, etc. It gets you a Ballistic Shield. Alternatively; Get a .308 rifle, slap a scope on it, and lie down on the hill nearby.

Oh yeah I finished off pretty much every quest except the final trap for the power tools guy. But even with the gun shop's full power rifle tricked out, the AWM, and some military grade guns pilfered from a pacification base it just took too many shots. Like if you can't hit them right in the middle they can shrug off even high powered rifle shots. I would have much rather faced more pacification weiners than all the turrets

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I haven't tried it without but I can say non-glasses-havers have tried my quest with the spacer in and not had any complaints.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Oh yeah I finished off pretty much every quest except the final trap for the power tools guy. But even with the gun shop's full power rifle tricked out, the AWM, and some military grade guns pilfered from a pacification base it just took too many shots. Like if you can't hit them right in the middle they can shrug off even high powered rifle shots. I would have much rather faced more pacification weiners than all the turrets

You're aiming at the wrong spot on the Burger Turrets; You want to hit the hemispherical nub that's just slightly off the side of the central body.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're aiming at the wrong spot on the Burger Turrets; You want to hit the hemispherical nub that's just slightly off the side of the central body.

Still, it ended up being consistently easier to just zig zag sprint after popping a Cyclops powerup and just blast any soldier goons in my way with eye lasers.

The only problem is using the eye lasers hurts my real life eyes

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Still, it ended up being consistently easier to just zig zag sprint after popping a Cyclops powerup and just blast any soldier goons in my way with eye lasers.

The only problem is using the eye lasers hurts my real life eyes

Yeah, I tried the Cyclops once and never ever again because of that :supaburn:. Honestly I just treated the Checkpoint bases as shopping trips; sprinting in with a pistol and out again with mil-spec automatic weapons at the start of every run.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Video card question for yall, I've got a 2060 Super and a 2070 Super in my cart right now, totally ignoring their differences for regular video games cause the 2060S would be more than adequate for me there, how much more am I really gonna get out of a 2070S in VR? A 2060 can handle pretty much every VR game out right now at 90 or 120hz with a reasonable render scale, right? Is the 2070 only really gonna help me in sims and to push bigger RTs?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A 2070 will help with its increased RAM amount. It will be viable longer. Buy the best card you can afford, really

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

A 2070 will help with its increased RAM amount. It will be viable longer. Buy the best card you can afford, really
The Supers both have 8GB

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I would just look at some benchmarks, that will give you a good idea.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
2070S super is the card to get for VR right now IMO if you can swing the extra, I think we will be seeing Selena high graphics VR games soon and having the extra power will be very beneficial.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

No one really is doing good VR benchmarks, is big part of the problem, cause the performance characteristics are a little different in VR and bound by the HMD. Like the only one that exists shows they're pretty much equal for everything short of Obduction or sims because they don't reproject at Vive resolution and at 90hz, but I have an Index so that's not really helpful info

I'm mostly just asking itt if anyone has a 2060S and has ever wanted more headroom, especially if they have some frame timing charts I can peep

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
H3 questions:

Is there no way to adjust the range setting for the iron-sights on the Mosin Nagant?

Is there no way to fill a speed-loader for a revolver once you've used it to fill the revolver? I picked up a spare bullet but I couldn't seem to put it back in the speed loader.

Also lmao I tried giving Fallout 4 another try now that I have an Index, and I still have yet to make it past the loving intro. You have to stand around doing nothing in VR for like 40 loving minutes before the actual game begins, and then you just get dumped into some radroaches with no explanation of how combat works in VR? I picked up a baton but hitting the radroaches with it did NOTHING, I'm just getting eaten by these 4 loving radroaches and I have no way to fight back what the fuuuuuuuuck were you thinking Bethesda. Somehow I dropped the baton and then I could punch the radroaches with my fist, I pushed up to where you get outside and just said "nah gently caress this poo poo"

Seriously Fallout 4 VR is such a piece of poo poo. They really just bolted VR support on and called it a day.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
you should just be able to hit dudes with the melee weapons. but really, just like how in Skyrim VR you kinda need to be an archer, in Fallout you kinda need to just roll with a pistol VATS build. It's really not that bad. better than flatscreen anyhow, once you get going in the world it really is cool to be able to be there. Corvega is a blast in VR.

in other news I don't know how it took me this long to realize the giant snake level of Rez area X is a giant ripoff of the last bit of M83's Midnight City.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Just got my odyessy and it's p rad beside the earphones being broken lmao

Gonna see if Amazon can sort it, otherwise I might just lop them off and use my headphones, they're way better anyway

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

homeless snail posted:

No one really is doing good VR benchmarks, is big part of the problem, cause the performance characteristics are a little different in VR and bound by the HMD. Like the only one that exists shows they're pretty much equal for everything short of Obduction or sims because they don't reproject at Vive resolution and at 90hz, but I have an Index so that's not really helpful info

I'm mostly just asking itt if anyone has a 2060S and has ever wanted more headroom, especially if they have some frame timing charts I can peep

As someone that has a regular ol' GTX 1080, I do find myself wishing I had more headroom to work with. Specifically made for VR experiences are great, as are low spec games that got a VR port or VR update, but less optimized or more demanding titles still put me in full time reprojection mode. IIRC, the 1080 tends to sit somewhere between the 2060S and 2070S.

A small list of specific games I have full time reprojection with would include Dirt Rally 2.0, Payday 2, and No Man's Sky.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That thing is god drat creepy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
mega salad fingers vibes

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

sigher posted:

That thing is god drat creepy.

I know right?

MICROTRANSACTIONS???

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

IIRC the fingers are another thing he added after people wouldn't stop asking about them when the Index was released, but he resolved to make them as unsettling as possible in protest.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
How well does Skyrim VR work nowadays? Are there essential mods everyone should get? I’m planning on getting it for Steam and using the Quest Link. I assume the Quest joysticks work and you don’t have to teleport to move, correct?

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.

The Walrus posted:

alright FINE

You should probably watch a couple of Anton Hands or jeditobiwan's videos. There are a bunch of little things to learn that make the game alot easier to play. Like spawn locking and quick picking up ammo in handfuls.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Smoking_Dragon posted:

How well does Skyrim VR work nowadays? Are there essential mods everyone should get? I’m planning on getting it for Steam and using the Quest Link. I assume the Quest joysticks work and you don’t have to teleport to move, correct?

There's a few mods that really enhance the experience, but in particular I'd recommend VRIK which gives you a first-person body, and Mage VR, which gives you gesture based spell switching. Both of them also add "holsters" you can use to swap between weapons (by default Skyrim VR is infuriatingly menu-driven), so figure out which mods version of that you like more and turn the other one off, or it could get confusing.

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.

Smoking_Dragon posted:

I know it works great with the touch controllers. Simple mods like better weather or darker nights help out a lot for immersion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The Walrus posted:

in Fallout you kinda need to just roll with a pistol VATS build.

You know, I didn't use VATS once when I played FO4VR, I felt it was a bit of a cheat now I had proper free-hand weapon aiming.

also VATS was mostly broken when it launched :o:

Agreed on the pistols though, a fully upgraded 10mm will see you a long way into the game.