Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Mr. Dick posted:

"Caps" is a weird way to say "marshmallows"

it's an albany expression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I want some marshmallows

that are red and white

like a mushroom.

mushroomellows

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i've heard of 'tap it like it's hot' - but 'cap it like it's pot'?!?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

piratepilates posted:

That's why I just don't mess around with edibles anymore.

yep last one I got was a brownie that was dry & crumbly and I suspect not very well mixed, each piece was a roll of the dice ranging from "bit of a dud" to "long psychedelic experience that will make you understand the very nature of consciousness"

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Uh, you do know that freezing edibles is an ordinary thing and doesn't diminish the potency at all, right? Never do incredibly gross things like eating coconut oil just because you don't have friends over on a given week. Freezers exist.

if you've ever eaten a weed cookie thats been in the freezer for 2 months you know this is a bad take. shame

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I mean you're not eating them for the taste are you? They're still gonna be just as potent

btw does anyone else ever get a next-day residual effect from edibles? sometimes I'll take one around 7 PM and the next morning, by 9 or so after I'm drinking my coffee I'll feel something kick in and I'll be mellow for a couple hours...not really "high" but definitely feeling something

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Hell Yeah posted:

if you've ever eaten a weed cookie thats been in the freezer for 2 months you know this is a bad take. shame

freeze the dough and bake them fresh :ssh:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

JAMOOOL posted:

I mean you're not eating them for the taste are you? They're still gonna be just as potent

btw does anyone else ever get a next-day residual effect from edibles? sometimes I'll take one around 7 PM and the next morning, by 9 or so after I'm drinking my coffee I'll feel something kick in and I'll be mellow for a couple hours...not really "high" but definitely feeling something

if we're not caring about the taste just eat the oil? infused coconut oil doesn't even taste that bad if you make it right. personally i am moving towards green dragon based recipes instead of oil based recipes for edibles.

PokeJoe posted:

freeze the dough and bake them fresh :ssh:

i don't have extra room in my freezer because it's full of trim that i'm gonna make bubble hash out of.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hell Yeah posted:

i don't have extra room in my freezer because it's full of trim that i'm gonna make bubble hash out of.

Weed really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Cheap deep freezers are like, $150. Or craigslist.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I made a bunch of oil a while back and ended up buying an ice tray that makes these really tiny half orbs that were small enough to swallow like a slightly-too-large pill

What if you decarb a whole nug (sans stem), then dip it in chocolate and let it harden? Would that be good? I've eaten fan leaves, but not the flower, so I don't know how this would play out.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i don't think it would have a great mouthfeel

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Im jumping back in the weed pool, doc says I should stop drinking so much

I haven't smoked in almost 10 years, no idea what the hell this is going to do to my old rear end. Also got some edibles (how do you dose cherry sours?!?)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
One at a time.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
one every ten seconds until you begin to feel the effects, then one every minute until they're gone

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

One at a time.
This, and make sure you wait a good 2-3 hours between doses for digestion.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

yeah you absolutely want to be careful before you figure out exactly what your tolerance is

one big difference between edibles and smoking or drinking is that your body has no way of telling you that you did way too much until it's way too late. also the stuff they sell today is stupidly potent, imagine a bottle of liquor that tasted like Sprite but was actually 600 proof

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Counterpoint: eat a thousand milligrams and be judged

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Eating a 1000mg bar with no tolerance would be the perfect way to lose a weekend.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I ate an entire pack of gummies, 100mg total (10 count of 10mg gummies) and barely felt anything.

Do edibles just vary widely in potency or is my tolerance just through the roof?

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Zipperelli. posted:

I ate an entire pack of gummies, 100mg total (10 count of 10mg gummies) and barely felt anything.

Do edibles just vary widely in potency or is my tolerance just through the roof?

Several theories:

1. Tolerance is through the roof.
2. You could be one of those unlucky people that have the genes that don't metabolize THC in the stomach
3. They were regular gummies.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

10 mg would be the potency

if you truly felt nothing after eating 100mg of THC then you are The One True Weedlord, more likely what you bought is a dud (or is perhaps CBD only)

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Eating a 1000mg bar with no tolerance would be the perfect way to lose a weekend.

i feel like i'd just wake up really thirsty in 30 hours or so

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Entorwellian posted:

Several theories:

1. Tolerance is through the roof.
2. You could be one of those unlucky people that have the genes that don't metabolize THC in the stomach
3. They were regular gummies.

The THC content of edibles and even flower is also essentially unrelated to whatever the packaging says

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

are you supposed to decarb ISO hash?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Zipperelli. posted:

I think they vary in potency- even in the legal states where they supposedly go through regular potency testing. I've had a 10mg gummy do nothing for me but a few days later a different gummy from the same box absolutely destroyed me.

Also pro-tip if you think it's not working just slam a few shots of tequila in rapid succession. The THC and alcohol tend to magnify the effects of each other and if they don't launch you into another dimension you'll get drunk.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Laserface posted:

are you supposed to decarb ISO hash?

If your material is in iso because it was previously air path residue then no, it was already hot enough to vaporize once, decarb happens quite a bit lower than that.

EDIT Maybe I don't understand but unless you're eating it straight why do you care about when the decarb is happening? If you dab, smoke, vape, or cook it with something it's gonna decarb as a matter of course. Are you asking if you can eat it?

Crimson Harvest fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Dec 6, 2019

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

No I made iso hash with fresh bud and I'm curious if I should bake it first to decarb it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If you plan to smoke it, no.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Zipperelli. posted:

A lot of commercial edibles' dosages are wildly speculative/optimistic since it's impossible for the customer to verify so it might have just been that they were bunk

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

frogge posted:

I think they vary in potency- even in the legal states where they supposedly go through regular potency testing. I've had a 10mg gummy do nothing for me but a few days later a different gummy from the same box absolutely destroyed me.

I think you are right that they very, but that can also be due to changes in your own diet, exercise, etc.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Last night I ate some cookie my friend made and watched those old Ricky Gervais/Karl Pilkington animated podcasts on Youtube. I laughed so hard that I hurt something in my side, as I found out this morning. It was totally worth it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
.... a man moth?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

For what it's worth when I first tried weed I tried edibles multiple times with no noticeable result. When I finally gave in an vaped the first time it very much worked and always has.

I also can't eat cilantro so my genetics are all over lol.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I think I would genuinely rather lose a toe than lose my ability to enjoy cilantro

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

For what it's worth when I first tried weed I tried edibles multiple times with no noticeable result. When I finally gave in an vaped the first time it very much worked and always has.

I also can't eat cilantro so my genetics are all over lol.

I've heard this anecdote enough times that I believe there's something to it but I've never seen anything like a biological basis for this. What is happening to the THC? If you eat a brownie made with weed butter, your body starts scooping up that fat right away and it has THC in it. Something has to happen to it fast for it not to end up in your blood, pumping around and binding with cannabinoid receptors. If you had some kind of weird enzymatic thing it would have other effects and be known to affect other drugs (like how CYP2D6/grapefruit juice affect tons of meds across the board). If you had some kind of issue preventing you from absorbing the fat it seems like that would come up as a nutritional fact in your life before you ate your first edibles. It makes no sense to me, but this anecdote gets posted often enough that it's now internet stoner folklore that some people are genetically immune to edibles. So how does it work??

It's one of the great mysteries of our time.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

some people also dont get high their first couple times smoking weed. granted in some cases its because people arent inhaling properly or enough, but i think also for some weird reason it takes some people a few times for weed to have an effect on them

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

poverty goat posted:

I've heard this anecdote enough times that I believe there's something to it but I've never seen anything like a biological basis for this. What is happening to the THC? If you eat a brownie made with weed butter, your body starts scooping up that fat right away and it has THC in it. Something has to happen to it fast for it not to end up in your blood, pumping around and binding with cannabinoid receptors. If you had some kind of weird enzymatic thing it would have other effects and be known to affect other drugs (like how CYP2D6/grapefruit juice affect tons of meds across the board). If you had some kind of issue preventing you from absorbing the fat it seems like that would come up as a nutritional fact in your life before you ate your first edibles. It makes no sense to me, but this anecdote gets posted often enough that it's now internet stoner folklore that some people are genetically immune to edibles. So how does it work??

It's one of the great mysteries of our time.

technically doesn't the fat not have thc in it, but attached to it (or attached to the fat molecules)?

so it's not that it doesn't absorb the fat, it's that it knocks the thc attached to the fat off?

I'm an english major aka retarded so the above is very likely gibberish

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Earwicker posted:

some people also dont get high their first couple times smoking weed. granted in some cases its because people arent inhaling properly or enough, but i think also for some weird reason it takes some people a few times for weed to have an effect on them

I have never ever ever seen a newbie take a proper coughing hit and not get wrecked. I'm convinced it's because they're not inhaling. Basically unless they're a pack a day smoker they should be absolutely hacking their lungs out first time weed smoke hits their tender alveoli

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019
The first time I did anything weed related is when my buddy gave me an edible or two before a show. After an hour I was complaining how I didn't feel poo poo, to which he responded by having me take a couple of tokes off his INFUSED pre roll and boom, everything hit at once. That was the best show I've ever been to and everything looked weird as hell. The car ride back was especially scary in that state of mind since his shifty friend kept a pistol wedged in the front seat. That, and it felt like we were teleporting around town.

How do I get that feeling back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

CoolRanch posted:

The first time I did anything weed related is when my buddy gave me an edible or two before a show. After an hour I was complaining how I didn't feel poo poo, to which he responded by having me take a couple of tokes off his INFUSED pre roll and boom, everything hit at once. That was the best show I've ever been to and everything looked weird as hell. The car ride back was especially scary in that state of mind since his shifty friend kept a pistol wedged in the front seat. That, and it felt like we were teleporting around town.

How do I get that feeling back?

you don't have to chase that feeling as with all drugs it will be less of a big thing each time but weed still has an effect just don't go looking for those early weed highs.