Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
There are kits to convert a weber grill to a pizza oven which seem reasonable and will definitely hit those pizza oven temps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Listening to the Making Perfect Thanksgiving podcast and got-drat Brad is really holding a grudge over that cranberry sauce.

He seems so happy go lucky on the show, but this conversation turned /dark/. "Andy just broke me." Yikes, Brad.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
So does food youtube count within this thread?

Because Sorted is awesome as hell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCfyehHM_eo4g5JUyWmms2LA

And their super fun Pass it On series is starting a new season now! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kDq8M-04dI

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Resting Lich Face posted:

So does food youtube count within this thread?

Because Sorted is awesome as hell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCfyehHM_eo4g5JUyWmms2LA

And their super fun Pass it On series is starting a new season now! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kDq8M-04dI

Yea that's like 80% of this thread. I love Sorted! Watching the "normals" pick up legit culinary knowledge through the years is my favorite part. They're really far beyond normal at this point.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
BWBabish is my jam, even though I think he goes way too quickly.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Kind of can't stand him mostly because his Being with Babish show sucks rear end and everything he wears is too tight.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Being with babish sucks, but I only saw one episode before concluding it wasnt for me. His "binging" show is neat still imo. OTOH, guy fieris supermarket show is supposed to be entertaining, but the douche chill vibes are way too strong to ever give it a try

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Eat This Glob posted:

Being with babish sucks, but I only saw one episode before concluding it wasnt for me. His "binging" show is neat still imo. OTOH, guy fieris supermarket show is supposed to be entertaining, but the douche chill vibes are way too strong to ever give it a try

I've softened on him. He seems to be a genuinely decent fellow that's stuck doing an exaggerated character. And because of that, he's stuck with that awful, awful hair for the rest of his life, or until TV decides it's done with him. Like they did with Emeril.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Yeah, he seemed like a decent dude on Hot Ones and everyone basically says he's great beyond the schtick

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I like Guy Fieri. You should too. Who cares if he looks like a teenager from the aughts?

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

“Does Guy Fieri like that dish?” is the best television mini game. More empty catchphrases = less bites = more dislike of dish.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Apparently if he describes something as ‘killer’ he doesn’t like it.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Interesting.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Democratic Pirate posted:

“Does Guy Fieri like that dish?” is the best television mini game. More empty catchphrases = less bites = more dislike of dish.

Basically he's like Christopher Kimball: If the dish has anything more than a dash or two of black pepper, he's going to whine about it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He doesn't like runny yolks. Does he think it looks like cum or what.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

He doesn't like runny yolks. Does he think it looks like cum or what.

He doesn’t like eggs at all, if memory serves.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

An egg hater prepared the eggs for smash mouth? Seems a rude thing to do

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The hits keep coming, and they don’t stop coming.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
New Gourmet Makes and Claire has an adorable new haircut :allears:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

New Gourmet Makes and Claire has an adorable new haircut :allears:

Oh no, Warheads? Is this going to be another Pop Rocks/Starburst?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh no, Warheads? Is this going to be another Pop Rocks/Starburst?

Nah, Warheads are a hard drop sour candy. no taffy pulling needed.
Also I think Claire goes from engaged to married over the course of this episode.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Cosmo has just found his calling in life.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Speaking of Claire, I watched a video of Claire from 3 years ago and the difference is pretty stark.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

dino. posted:

Cosmo has just found his calling in life.

It's amazing a kid named "Cosmo Music" would be anything but a one-man phish cover band, but the they were born to do man vs food challenges that are basically eating a 1/4 cup of alum powder and squeezing a lemon into their eyes.

wait. That's just "jackass"

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I think it's pretty amazing luck that a kid with the government name Cosmo Music is awesome enough to own it instead of letting it drag him down

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Shadowhand00 posted:

Speaking of Claire, I watched a video of Claire from 3 years ago and the difference is pretty stark.

Different in what regard?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Hot drat the Elotes episode is off the dang rails. The editing is always sooooooo good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkKfbA2mTN0

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Aww shi. John Boyega faces the dark side of wings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9XiO1do-Cc

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Suspect Bucket posted:

Hot drat the Elotes episode is off the dang rails. The editing is always sooooooo good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkKfbA2mTN0

Learning all sorts of poo poo this episode: chris has a wife! Brad has a kid! Brad is also not to be trusted around a mandolin like me!

Also, you gotta put out an elote video when corn is way the gently caress out of season? Now I cant scratch that itch unless I use frozen corn!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Food Network is quietly burying Good Eats: The Return, it seems. 11pm on a Sunday night? Yeesh.

https://twitter.com/altonbrown/status/1203097467648192512

https://twitter.com/altonbrown/status/1202990996730122242

There’s a lot of not very subtle rallying of fans by Alton.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I remember a rumor a few years back that Alton is a boomer oval office.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2FP6L_vZ40

What the hell, BA. I'm with Sohla on this one. You don't make falafal out of cooked chickpeas. :colbert:

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

The_Doctor posted:

Food Network is quietly burying Good Eats: The Return, it seems. 11pm on a Sunday night? Yeesh.
I guess they found out he's racist or whatever.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Maybe it's because the new GE episodes aren't very good. Most of them I clicked off partway through. The skits don't feel fun anymore and some of the gimmicky shots just feel, well, gimmicky.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Not enough sinister synths and parking garage sequences---that and establishing that brisk episode pacing only to fall off so relatively quickly into gaps of nothing did it no favors as folks acclimated back to seeking out otherwise.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ranter posted:

I remember a rumor a few years back that Alton is a boomer oval office.

This really paints a very different picture of him being the bad guy on Cut Throat Kitchen.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Man, BA really found a winner in Sohla. She gives off great vibes and has all the skills and knowledge to back up how nonchalant she is about everything.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Alton has pubically said he refuses to do handshakes with fans

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

^^ thats smart

Sohla rules her lentil fritter ep was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Stelio Kontos posted:

Man, BA really found a winner in Sohla. She gives off great vibes and has all the skills and knowledge to back up how nonchalant she is about everything.

My favorite part about Sohla (aside from her cool-as-a-cucumber personality) is that since she worshiped at the Church of Kenji while she was at Serious Eats, she's able to knowledge drop to dispel dumb cooking myths all the time which is much appreciated.