Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I love food too much, sorry Margaret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

What's the DEAL with food? :jerry:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Leland just casually golfing in his living room after killing Maddy, nbd

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus Christ, he must've really contorted her body to fit in that bag :stonk:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hey, early 90s cell phone (the Zack Morris phone)!

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Ray Wise is so good.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I will never forget how messed up my brain was after figuring out Jack Nance was in Eraserhead

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

El Jeffe posted:

Ray Wise is so good.
:yeah:

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Consummate Professional posted:

I will never forget how messed up my brain was after figuring out Jack Nance was in Eraserhead

I was warned ahead of time. Still, though.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
The flashback of the Leeland brothers is weird.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn, Leland is so monstrous in this episode. In spite of everything, I think the moment that really stands out to me is that he makes a point of not just telling Donna and James that they missed Maddy, but that she was disappointed in them for now showing up in time. It's such a needlessly cruel thing to do (well, I mean, he is a vessel for Bob*) and it's so horrifying how he just happily carries Maddy's corpse around all day in the trunk of his car, going so far as to offer to show Cooper his golf club just to further enjoy knowing something they don't.

On a nicer note, one of my favorite parts of this episode is when Harry has had enough and tells Coop he's tired of dreams and visions and dwarves and giants and Tibet and he's just going to arrest Ben Horne because of the evidence they have. Not because it's Harry doing what you'd typically expect from a small town cop, but because Coop's reaction is to immediately nod, agree that this is Harry's turf and not put up a fight. It's the absolute best thing he could have done, because you can see when he bows to Harry's authority and walks away without protest, Harry immediately regretting and reconsidering his actions. If Cooper had tried to force the point Harry would have doubled down for sure, instead he's left to realize he's let his emotions get the better of him and regret it.

Also hell yeah Pete getting to see Ben squirm :hellyeah:

* I'm always in two minds about writing that, because I don't want to make out like Bob is solely to blame. Leland let Bob in.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Rageaholic posted:

Leland just casually golfing in his living room after killing Maddy, nbd

It's probably a way to cover up any bloodstain he might have been unable to clean up. I love that little sitcom-esque "Oh Leland"-look Donna and James give each other when they see the golf balls scattered all over the living room.

Rageaholic posted:

Jesus Christ, he must've really contorted her body to fit in that bag :stonk:

Tbh, I'm always surprised Maddy is still in one piece when they discover her body.

AstroWhale posted:

The flashback of the Horne brothers is weird.

It goes on for so long, too. The whole shared erotic memory thing reminds me a lot of Dead Ringers.

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamn, Leland is so monstrous in this episode. In spite of everything, I think the moment that really stands out to me is that he makes a point of not just telling Donna and James that they missed Maddy, but that she was disappointed in them for now showing up in time. It's such a needlessly cruel thing to do (well, I mean, he is a vessel for Bob*) and it's so horrifying how he just happily carries Maddy's corpse around all day in the trunk of his car, going so far as to offer to show Cooper his golf club just to further enjoy knowing something they don't.

This is probably the most defining thing for Leland's identity as a killer. He could easily lay low, and let Ben take the fall, but the desire to have people find the body is just too great. His desire to be discovered becomes especially chilling when he tries to guide Cooper over to the trunk of the car. Leland's holding the golf club in a way that makes me think he would totally bash Cooper's head in if he decided to check out the golf gear.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A line I always forget but deeply appreciate:

Jerry: Ben, as your lawyer, and your friend, and your brother, I highly recommend.... that you get a better lawyer.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Reminder about the Twin Peaks Blu-Ray box set.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WTKFMLP

They just charged me so I assume its about to ship.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Tertius Oculum posted:

Reminder about the Twin Peaks Blu-Ray box set.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WTKFMLP

They just charged me so I assume its about to ship.

I got mine last night - it is amazing, highly recommended. Packaging is beautiful and the included "gallery" images are high quality & printed on solid card stock.

I will say though, I pre-ordered the day it became available on Amazon and my certificate said I was around #4500 out of 25,000 so I imagine they'll sell out for good in the next couple months.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

The Clap posted:

I got mine last night - it is amazing, highly recommended. Packaging is beautiful and the included "gallery" images are high quality & printed on solid card stock.

I will say though, I pre-ordered the day it became available on Amazon and my certificate said I was around #4500 out of 25,000 so I imagine they'll sell out for good in the next couple months.

This box set won't even be released in Europe until late January, so you've still got some time to think about it. Of course, I don't know whether they'll go through the trouble of region locking that version or not.

To be honest, I don't really like the spoiler seat setup, and how much space it seems to take up. Also, how come the Mark Frost books aren't included in this complete edition? I'm not entirely convinced they're canon, seeing as no one bothered to put them in a box set called Twin Peaks From A to Z. Maybe they're filed under an umlaut or something. :colbert:

I certainly wouldn't mind getting some rad true 4k screenshots out of this, though. :dance:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just watched the whole thing, but it looks like the thread is currently in the middle of a run-through so I won't go into spoilers. What a show.

Also I'm glad I found the part of the thread live-reacting to s3e8, that was a fun read

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

S3E8 was an incredible experience. "Oh thank God, the mystical riddle-speaking Giant is back. FINALLY something normal!"

I think it may be the best single episode of television I have ever seen.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

My boxset came in today.

Pardon my desk its also my workbench:
https://imgur.com/a/7Qgkz04

Looks like some print damage either from shipping or printing. Also the Die-cut model is hella scratched up.

The Red Room Gallery has some cool pictures in it.

Might have to borrow my buddy's 4k TV to check out the 4k version of s3e08.

the_enduser fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 13, 2019

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The Clowner posted:

I just watched the whole thing, but it looks like the thread is currently in the middle of a run-through so I won't go into spoilers. What a show.

Also I'm glad I found the part of the thread live-reacting to s3e8, that was a fun read

mind linking if you have it handy?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The Walrus posted:

mind linking if you have it handy?

Back on page 100
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820718&pagenumber=100&perpage=40#post473759351

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Tertius Oculum posted:

My boxset came in today.

Pardon my desk its also my workbench:
https://imgur.com/a/7Qgkz04

Looks like some print damage either from shipping or printing. Also the Die-cut model is hella scratched up.

The Red Room Gallery has some cool pictures in it.

Might have to borrow my buddy's 4k TV to check out the 4k version of s3e08.

Box set is great, but the die cut model is kind of atrocious. I kept trying to pull off the scratched up, bubbly plastic wrap covering. Like a new phone, right? It's perfect under this, right!?

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Even more than two years later I still can't get over it. From beginning to end there was nothing like the Return. How gently caress is anyone supposed to process that ending?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

When I heard there was going to be a Twin Peaks Season 3: That's great but what if the magic isn't there anymore? :ohdear:
Me after Twin Peaks Season 3: THE MAGIC WAS TOO POWERFUL, SOMEBODY SAVE ME! :supaburn:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
THE nine inch nails did volume 3 of the watchmen soundtrack, amazing

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
also the other two

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
this is the first release ever by the famous roadhouse band the nine inch nails not sure what you're talking about.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This shot of Albert, Coop, Harry and Hawk all walking together is iconic.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BYE, JAMES! :byewhore:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ray Wise is such an incredible actor, holy poo poo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"GOT A LIGHT?" - Dick Tremayne

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"He opened me and I invited him and he came inside me." :stonk:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Maybe that's all Bob is: the evil that men do."

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it airing somewhere or are you watching it sequentially? @rageaholic

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Clowner posted:

Is it airing somewhere or are you watching it sequentially? @rageaholic
Sequentially! I've got the Blu-Ray sets and I've just been watching those week-to-week.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

The way Dick tries to clean his finger after ringing the bell is brilliant.

"Got a light?" :smug:

Man, this episode is just about perfect. The magick ritual to find the culprit, BOB's confession, Cooper consoling Leland in his last moments. It's so unique and powerful.

Leland nearly murdering Donna really proves he does not give a poo poo whether he's caught.

If there's one thing I find a bit baffling after watching this episode so many times, it's that Albert and Harry seem to switch roles. Albert believes in Cooper, and tells him to do his crazy magic, while Harry seems to doubt everything. It's maybe motivated by Harry's desire to lock up Ben Horne, but I feel like they don't really follow through with this change in characterisation.

On a tangent, since the French voice actor for Leland speaks more clearly, I could figure out that he says: "cherche la parole sacrée" - "searches for the sacred phrase". So, that's chants, I guess.

I'd like to order some delicious screenshots, please. You basically referenced them all already:
- The gang wandering in slo-mo through the forest
- Cooper giving his thumbs up
- A negative owl flying towards the camera

And More fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Dec 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

And More posted:

I'd like to order some delicious screenshots, please. You basically referenced them all already:
- The gang wandering in slo-mo through the forest
- Cooper giving his thumbs up
- A negative owl flying towards the camera