Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ramadu posted:

this thread sucks now without the photos of reddit because now it looks like all of you dumbasses actually think all the dumbass poo poo those people do

like this thread is already the only place that defends a ton of the worst tshit game companies do (lookin at u EGS garbage) but now it just looks like youre quoting other dumb posters

Show me on this windows desktop where installing a free client hurt you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░░░
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░░░
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░░░ U HAVE BEEN DESKELETONISED BY THE
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░░░
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░░░ STIMPIRE
░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░░
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░░░
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░ QUOTE THIS OR BE REFACTORED

I have never felt so loved.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

So does anyone feel bad for wtfosaursas?

He channeled the Sandi on that new years Eve? Twitch show he went on and done the ******* **** ********* *****

* Stand of nothing! It's a good joke!

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Star Citizen: Failing like Freelancer again, just with a 300+ Million Dollar Scope

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 10, 2019

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Hey! SQ42 beta due next year my dudes! Yey! So, what was shown at the CitCon about SQ42?!

Whaaaa?

Ok, so what are the plans for the holiday livestream!?

Whaaaaa?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Jesus, Crobbler. The Fantastic Four movies flopped. Quit producing tech for them.

Megalobster
Aug 31, 2018

AbstractNapper posted:

Jesus, Crobbler. The Fantastic Four movies flopped. Quit producing tech for them.

Roger Corman's Fantastic Four was still a better movie than any cinematic turd Chris has or will ever put out.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Kosumo posted:

He channeled the Sandi on that new years Eve? Twitch show he went on and done the ******* **** ********* *****

Feeling sorry for a gropey ex pick up artist teacher turned failed streamer? Nah. Just think of it as karma, as he experienced what being treated like a consumable item feels like.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ramadu posted:

this thread sucks now without the photos of reddit because now it looks like all of you dumbasses actually think all the dumbass poo poo those people do

like this thread is already the only place that defends a ton of the worst tshit game companies do (lookin at u EGS garbage) but now it just looks like youre quoting other dumb posters

Steam thread is thataway, random buddy.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

colonelwest posted:

Baron's famous breakdown on stream.

I wasn't around for this - what was it? Is there saved footage?

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Kosumo posted:

Ugh no gently caress that creepy, rapey motherfucker. Did something bad finally happen to him?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hav posted:

Steam thread is thataway, random buddy.

Interesting you mention Steam, so i took a gander to see if there was a SC steam discussion group, and there is.

Interesting to see that recent comments seem to be a bit more realistic than you might find on other fan forums.

Some of the comments from when it was set up in 2015 have aged like... something that doesn't age very well.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Agony Aunt posted:

Interesting you mention Steam, so i took a gander to see if there was a SC steam discussion group, and there is.

Interesting to see that recent comments seem to be a bit more realistic than you might find on other fan forums.

Some of the comments from when it was set up in 2015 have aged like... something that doesn't age very well.

Pork, milk, leader of the free world.

Edit: regarding the inevitable EGS discussions that zaphod is fond of, I finally breached my ‘virginity’ for the Paranoia rpg, proving that my resolve is a soft and flabby thing.

Hav fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 10, 2019

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sandweed posted:

Show me on this windows desktop where installing a free client hurt you.

Geforce experience was legit harassment, man. The struggle is real.

Have you even had to install a printer helper?

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Hav posted:

Edit: regarding the inevitable EGS discussions that zaphod is fond of, I finally breached my ‘virginity’ for the Paranoia rpg, proving that my resolve is a soft and flabby thing.

We all have our price. Is it any good? I'm entirely unspoiled about Paranoia, but the tabletop thing went rather chaotic for us, so it'd be interesting to see how it works.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

colonelwest posted:

I think you're being too nice.

That’s probably true. He’s a little easier to find sympathetic than, say, a guy with PUA baggage, or somebody hyping the macrotransactions or whatever.

colonelwest posted:

I felt bad for Baron, BatGirl and some of the OG streamers maybe a year or two ago, especially after the rise of Rexzilla and Baron's famous breakdown on stream. But now? I don't think so. Same with the backers, if you're still hitching your wagon to this dumpster fire and you aren't getting paid handsomely for it, you have consciously chosen to ignore the facts in front of you and continue to dance for Chris Roberts. CIG has shown nothing but outright and blatant contempt for its community over the past year. Their entire message is "gently caress you! give us more money you pathetic nerds!"

Multiple people have tried to tell Baron in his chat and privately to re-brand himself and move on to real games. If he still chooses to try to build a streaming career on a garbage heap of a game that's 5 years late, that is completely on him.

Yeah. I think even after a lot of people sour on CIG’s BS, they’re trapped by fears of (or affections for) the broader community. The bonds are wide but shallow. Break ranks, make too much noise, or hurl too many condemnations CIG’s way and you’ll lose a lot of those fast friends you made, well, fast. You’ll lose the Twitch subscribers you’ve amassed, not be welcomed at Bar Citizen, and not be part of the fraternity anymore. And that’s when you feel like you’ve really lost out. Because then Star Citizen isn’t even “the friends we made along the way.” And who wants to lose that?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

colonelwest posted:

Yeah those ground textures and obvious tiling really stuck out like sore thumbs to me. Also the random lovely looking rocky outcropings that try to break it up, the forests with no density or undergrowth which look worse than Skyrim, and tree textures popping in at 10 meters; truly PC gaming is saved. You see this poo poo all the time on their planets because the engine can’t handle large open areas.

But it’s only planet tech v1! Just wait until v2 launches! We’re just lucky to have a glimpse into the process this early when the game has only been in development for 8 years.

Procedural tree-placing workflows aren't online yet. Once they are, CIG will be able to plant 800 million trees per second!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░░░
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░░░
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░░
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░░░

Seeing this post on different operating systems is pretty awesome. When you think UTF is solved with SA, you get some kind of Five Nights at Freddies Crobbear on MacOS, and a regular skeleton on Windows.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012
Man, these screenshots. Are all the spacemen just bald, goony bastards?

Fidelity?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bmac32 posted:

Man, these screenshots. Are all the spacemen just bald, goony bastards?

Fidelity?

They’re all bald and ripped as gently caress , with sharp jaw lines

Someone is projecting their fantasies into the models ... I wonder who it could be

Def not the guy with a massive paunch and 5 extra chins no sir

echothreealpha
Nov 22, 2019

Quavers posted:

SaltEMike's Answer The Call show: "Large or Loyal Creators? Who is Better for Star Citizen's Future?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_49nxx1HS9c

RexZilla is good for Star Citizen :patriot:

that's... one of the saddest thing I've seen about this game.

Imagine a game, still in alpha, consistently saying they have enough money, start to push for support for creators with the largest subscribers and leaving their loyal creators with smaller subscriber numbers behind.

It should start to make you think that the devs are looking to make it more popular because they need the hits and money, but no, you push that thought deeper into your mind. It should make you question starting Citizencon with a trailer to sell another ship, disguised as pledges, but you cant, because you're in too deep.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Is he thumb loving that poor turtle? Who do I report this to! Sexy Bears was bad enough!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

monkeytek posted:

Is he thumb loving that poor turtle?

Going by his expression I'd think it's the other way around.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

monkeytek posted:

Is he thumb loving that poor turtle? Who do I report this to! Sexy Bears was bad enough!

Also his left hand is having sex with his knee.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
I just thought, the Elite: Dangerous game world has been persistent for over five years now. My first visited star from the gamma in November 2014 still shows with system map visible for me, and my starter Sidewinder is where I parked it.
And then I thought of Eve, persistent for some 16 years.
While SC's "persistent universe" wipes every few months. I guess "persistent" is another word that has been refactored by CIG.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beexoffel posted:

I just thought, the Elite: Dangerous game world has been persistent for over five years now. My first visited star from the gamma in November 2014 still shows with system map visible for me, and my starter Sidewinder is where I parked it.
And then I thought of Eve, persistent for some 16 years.
While SC's "persistent universe" wipes every few months. I guess "persistent" is another word that has been refactored by CIG.

Never been done before :smuggo:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:reddit: As a community, we're doing ourselves a disservice.

Dear members of r/starcitizen,

I write this post today to express a concern of mine, while likely controversial - I ask you to bear with me. Criticism of CIG is widespread, that is a fact that cannot be disputed. I wish that you would take a moment and read, even if you disagree.

The majority of us that partake in daily conversation on this subreddit are enthusiastic individuals eagerly awaiting patches and supporting/advising inevitable inquiries of new and old players/supporters, alike.

Regardless of how much or how little you have pledged in support of this project, you are well aware of the skeptical viewpoints of the broader gaming community in regards to the legitimacy of the project. While I personally do not question the legitimacy of the project - I have come to that conclusion through extensive research and inquiry. The information is out there - and that is part of the problem, as people can clearly see where the money goes and thus are able to critique it's use. In all my years of gaming, I have never seen a company so openly share it's development cycle and financial statements.

On this subreddit, negativity towards the project is usually met with negativity. I've been here long enough to witness a plethora of posts, often made in poor taste - get obliterated and deleted.

While *I DO NOT* condone blantent misinformation and uneducated criticism/negativity towards the project; I suggest we meet those (so called haters) who doubt the project - from a much different angle.

Instead of downvoting them into oblivion, we should upvote their criticism, upvote the misinformation and make popular those such posts made in poor taste.

Why would I, a very devoted member to the community, do such a thing?

If we instead approach the criticism head on, and face it for what it is (likely misinformation and lack of knowledge in the subject) and provide the user with ACCURATE information and evidence to support and build upon what we already know as a legitimate project - I would believe the community would grow rather than shrink.

Thus I repeat my the title of this post: as a community, we're doing oureselves a disservice by closing doors to those skeptics.

Instead I propose that we open new doors and win the support of those individuals that are unfortunately ignorant of a very legitimate project.

Thank you,
See you all in the Verse!

Edit: Objective is to be honest, and as always grow and foster a healthy community.

Edit 2: Example of what I don't believe is necessary: http://imgur.com/a/jOva6EG

:ohdear:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Quavers posted:

I write this post today to express a concern of mine, while likely controversial - I ask you to bear with me. Criticism of CIG is widespread, that is a fact that cannot be disputed. I wish that you would take a moment and read, even if you disagree.

The majority of us that partake in daily conversation on this subreddit are enthusiastic individuals eagerly awaiting patches and supporting/advising inevitable inquiries of new and old players/supporters, alike.

Regardless of how much or how little you have pledged in support of this project, you are well aware of the skeptical viewpoints of the broader gaming community in regards to the legitimacy of the project. While I personally do not question the legitimacy of the project - I have come to that conclusion through extensive research and inquiry. The information is out there - and that is part of the problem, as people can clearly see where the money goes and thus are able to critique it's use. In all my years of gaming, I have never seen a company so openly share it's development cycle and financial statements.

On this subreddit, negativity towards the project is usually met with negativity. I've been here long enough to witness a plethora of posts, often made in poor taste - get obliterated and deleted.

While *I DO NOT* condone blantent misinformation and uneducated criticism/negativity towards the project; I suggest we meet those (so called haters) who doubt the project - from a much different angle.

Instead of downvoting them into oblivion, we should upvote their criticism, upvote the misinformation and make popular those such posts made in poor taste.

If we instead approach the criticism head on, and face it for what it is (likely misinformation and lack of knowledge in the subject) and provide the user with ACCURATE information and evidence to support and build upon what we already know as a legitimate project - I would believe the community would grow rather than shrink.

Thus I repeat my the title of this post: as a community, we're doing oureselves a disservice by closing doors to those skeptics.

Instead I propose that we open new doors and win the support of those individuals that are unfortunately ignorant of a very legitimate project.

Thank you,

Edit: Objective is to be honest, and as always grow and foster a healthy community.

Edit 2: Example of what I don't believe is necessary: http://imgur.com/a/jOva6EG

Another stupid Reddit rear end in a top hat. The thread is as saved as PC gaming is now!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:reddit: Take my 50 bucks and suck it, Mr. Roberts.

I’m finally naive enough to actually believe my money will be spent on developing the actual game instead of funding Roberts ridiculous lifestyle of selling and buying houses and throwing money around.

He could easily do all of this after he finished the game.

Let’s see how buggy this game is, because it sure as hell looks too amazing to even care about bugs. Too bad we will all be a part of the biggest legal scam in human history.

:homebrew:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Quavers posted:

:reddit: [i]As a community, we're doing ourselves a disservice.

I ask you to bear with me.:

Okay, who here did this, this is an obvious plant.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Where does this most open developer ever horseshit come from? They put out a lot of videos, but none of them ever substantiate anything at all. There's never anything that talks about a feature, and then follows up with the completed feature and how it works, how it came to be, difficulties, etc. They just shuffle poo poo around on the neon puke board "roadmap" like deck chairs on the Titanic.

So many other developers actually do communicate, and communicate effectively that I don't know how CIG keeps getting to claim this. It's loving insanity.

And other than a couple shady signals to investors, where does these most open developer ever about finances come from? The not at all faked tracker? :laffo:

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Quavers posted:

:reddit: Take my 50 bucks and suck it, Mr. Roberts.

I’m finally naive enough to actually believe my money will be spent on developing the actual game instead of funding Roberts ridiculous lifestyle of selling and buying houses and throwing money around.

He could easily do all of this after he finished the game.

Let’s see how buggy this game is, because it sure as hell looks too amazing to even care about bugs. Too bad we will all be a part of the biggest legal scam in human history.

:homebrew:

What?

EDIT; Today my favorite thing about star citizen is that time they sold a ship that was already actually usable in game and everyone hailed this as the greatest sign of good things to come as if nobody in the history of DLC had ever sold something that you could use right away.

Citizens are truly braindead.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Quavers posted:

Thank you,

Reminds me where is dick wulf these days. I guess on vacation after declaring victory against the evil goons before the battle even started

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

In the backer funded editing room, Jared presses the Render button on Hope_To_Have_Episode_207.mp4.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

peter gabriel posted:

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░░░
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░░░
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░░
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░░░

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Quavers posted:

Thank you,

Look at this fuckin' loser, trying to discourage fine Citizens from creating the Stimpire in real life.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Blue On Blue posted:

Reminds me where is dick wulf these days. I guess on vacation after declaring victory against the evil goons before the battle even started

Is that the one in prison?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

no, dick wulf is the one working his way up to regular sexual assault rather than child sexual assault.