Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

also:

Final Fantasy VII has four copies of an item called the Enemy Skill Materia, and so this is Cloud Five Enemy Skills

(Courtesy of Orange Fluffy Sheep, several years ago in the FF7 Let's Play thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/henrykrinkie/status/936790620441493506

I still think my favorite comment was

quote:

"Dude it is an epic 100 hour story, im sure City5 'CONFLAGRATION' has lots of charming locals just waiting to have thier backstories fleshed out"

Plenty of great poo poo to be found on this archive of stuff

http://shii.bibanon.org/shii.org/knows/Zybourne_Clock.html

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

gently caress, I am never taking phenazepam again

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Lol

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
Just purgin' thangs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Bookworld is where all of the nerds live

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Xotl posted:

Just purgin' thangs.

Lol this owns

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

more here https://imgur.com/a/FHnEk

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

wait a second... standard decks only have 4 aces!

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Empty Sandwich posted:

wait, that's what I meant

I'll go back to making these Christmas goatse mugs

Man I work in an office now and I would kill for a goatse mug

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Friend posted:

Man I work in an office now and I would kill for a goatse mug

You'd kill someone for $44?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Wasn't there a steam powered dog as well?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Kharnifex posted:

Wasn't there a steam powered dog as well?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hope he doesn't burn his tongue on his steam balls

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
I forgot so much of this, and that's a shame.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

For some reason my urge to top that $4,420.69 bid is very strong.

Also I can’t believe this thread has not been stickied yet.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

How is this not a game already given how much utter poo poo is on steam

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/henrykrinkie/status/936790620441493506

I still think my favorite comment was

Plenty of great poo poo to be found on this archive of stuff

http://shii.bibanon.org/shii.org/knows/Zybourne_Clock.html

man, bless shii. dude is probably 40 with three kids now.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

More urban planning. The amount of admittedly silly worldbuilding that took place on notebook paper is kind of endearing.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Pretty sure shii was run out of sa for being a pedo

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Kharnifex posted:

yes, but also i'm sure he got better by now

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

For some reason my urge to top that $4,420.69 bid is very strong.

:(

cnut
May 3, 2016

I think the dude who wants to open a coffee shop should buy this instead and market the image. Better chance of making money, imo.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!
Ultra Carp

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!
Ultra Carp

Xotl posted:

Just purgin' thangs.

:vince:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Kharnifex posted:

Now I feel gross for linking to that site.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Wifi Toilet posted:

You'd kill someone for $44?

Well I certainly wouldn't pay $44 for a mug

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
my favorite part of zybourne clock is when the one guy (i guess dr zybourne?) goes back to his office to figure out the solution to whatever and "thought about it for a good three hours" before inventing the vlock

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

quote:

We had all the main logistics points of our projects hammered out and our prototype built, but there was a few more things to be decided. What would this clock do when it gets back in time besides gather energy? The answer came to me while reading an article out of a Science magazine that I had picked up about 2 years ago. The article basically summarized how the planet got to its current point in its evolutionary cycle and where it had started. It compared key points of life over 20 millenia and now.

I sat there in and thought about the article for a good 3 hours. If we could subtely alter the cycle at which the planet terraforms and speed up human evolution, we could, possibly make humanity advance far past wars in a few millenia's time. My heart jumped into my throat as I ran through the bay doors to tell my colleagues that I had finally found a safe way to alter the way the timeline to such a degree as to not rip a hole in time itself.

As I looked around the room, my excitement faded. All of them looked as if they had just became very ill.

"Doctor, you understand if we do this, We will fade from existance as the timeline corrects itself." One of my colleagues said in the grimest manner I had ever heard him speak before.

I began to turn pale, and dizzy. I quickly found a chair and used the magazine (that I was subsequently still clutching) to fan myself.

"Well, there must be a way around this. There must be." I said, even though I knew I was lying to myself.

We sat up that night and discuss ideas on how to develope a new one. What we came up with was grim. We theorized that when you send an object through time, it does not create a new timeline that overrides the current like we had originally thought. When the object enters the timestream, time begins to correct itself. Let me use this example: Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

Time works the same way.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

lmao ty

building the prototype and figuring out the logistics before knowing what the thing will do lol

baw fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 13, 2019

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Was the plan to just make the game with RPG Maker software? I can't remember if goons were trying to actually develop an actual engine or not.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
I wonder know how much of the "concept art" is original, as in created when the game was in "development". Somehow I suspect that it's gonna be like 5 pictures in that imgur folder with original Johny being one of them, and the rest is fanart that came later.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

forbidden dialectics posted:

gently caress, I am never taking phenazepam again

I can’t let the thread get too far without this post being acknowledged. Are you the top bidder?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Captain Jesus posted:

I wonder know how much of the "concept art" is original, as in created when the game was in "development". Somehow I suspect that it's gonna be like 5 pictures in that imgur folder with original Johny being one of them, and the rest is fanart that came later.

IIRC you’re not far off the mark. I want to say the only completely unironic/original stuff is the stuff ok eBay right now, a couple of the maps, the “shameful path” trench warfare pic, and maybe a couple of the other character sketches.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Telebite posted:

Was the plan to just make the game with RPG Maker software? I can't remember if goons were trying to actually develop an actual engine or not.

I believe there was only one goon who had any game programming experience and they were booted off the project.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

best bale posted:

I can’t let the thread get too far without this post being acknowledged. Are you the top bidder?

Baby grand piano fits in with zybourne clock aesthetics

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Still don't understand the time balls.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Animal-Mother posted:

Still don't understand the time balls.

But do you understand the pig's huge balls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Cyril Sneer posted:

But do you understand the pig's huge balls?

Imagine two balls at the end of a pig.

Time works the same way.