Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CommonShore posted:

Two months ago I posted vaguely, willie_d style, that I had some mildly interesting inside info that I'd share some day. As the thread is craving those kinds of posts right now, and it's no longer sensitive info I'll share.

I knew Olivier Aubin-Mercier had been released from the UFC a week before it was announced because his manager offered a fight to a guy I train with, and my buddy wanted my opinion on OAM. I didn't say anything at the time because messing up an ongoing negotiation and stuff isn't worth e-cred, but that doesn't matter any more.

So that's the crumb I can throw into the maw ravenous for gym drama. Perhaps an appetizer.

Oh also Jon Jones apparently whips his dick out all the time at the gym. I will not be answering any questions about that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

CommonShore posted:

Two months ago I posted vaguely, willie_d style, that I had some mildly interesting inside info that I'd share some day. As the thread is craving those kinds of posts right now, and it's no longer sensitive info I'll share.

I knew Olivier Aubin-Mercier had been released from the UFC a week before it was announced because his manager offered a fight to a guy I train with, and my buddy wanted my opinion on OAM. I didn't say anything at the time because messing up an ongoing negotiation and stuff isn't worth e-cred, but that doesn't matter any more.

So that's the crumb I can throw into the maw ravenous for gym drama. Perhaps an appetizer.

Who da fook is that guy?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

CommonShore posted:

Two months ago I posted vaguely, willie_d style, that I had some mildly interesting inside info

Oh also Jon Jones apparently whips his dick out all the time at the gym. I will not be answering any questions about that one.

This is good poo poo and I fully endorse this style of inside gossip

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Going to Hooters to watch the card tonight.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
When you dont buy the ppv you're watching mma with HITLER!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

people only butt chins with urijah when they meet him face to face

Fight Club presale for 249 is currently listed as TBA.

For events you think are gonna sell out kinda quick, it's good.

I'm still considering going to 249, so if you're down, we could go together, and if I end up deciding on not going, I can still send you the Fight Club presale code whenever it pops up (I'd just need a reminder to check when that happens)

Yeah that sounds good, I'd wanna see how much tickets are for decent seats first, hopefully there will be more than a 5 minute window to decide.

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

Macksy posted:

When you dont buy the ppv you're watching mma with HITLER!

I live in Europe, we get them for free.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I met Max Holloway today as busy as he has to be and as thrashed as he must feel post weight cut he is just the friendliest guy

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I met Max Holloway today as busy as he has to be and as thrashed as he must feel post weight cut he is just the friendliest guy

The best is blessed, baby.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Hawaiians/islanders are by and large (as long as they aren't on some locals only poo poo at the time) insanely chill and friendly.

Re: Sactown and shirtlessness, I want to say it like, isn't a real thinf but growing up there and being around Urijah's age...yeah, bros just ditch shirts at random when out and about, especially in proximity to parks or bodies of water. Or 4 Runners

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I made a low effort GDT lets go watch some fights

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp

maffew buildings posted:

Hawaiians/islanders are by and large (as long as they aren't on some locals only poo poo at the time) insanely chill and friendly

This. But if they're on meth then stay the gently caress away. I would guess like 5 to 10 percent of locals are on meth. Its bad here. But chill for the most part.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

BlindSite posted:

No one talks about the fighter who everyone just spent 2 pages frothing over.

What he has said in the past is tame as gently caress compared to any Brazilian fighters Twitter. He's just found the easiest way to crawl into your brains by wearing a red hat. Dude went from being on the chopping block to a world known name in like a year.

I think for tyool 2019 the best thing would be for him to win just for the impotent tears of rage.

He's had three main events and welterweight is currently a loving wasteland. I feel that' probably more to do with how he became a name.

A name that, ultimately, most people don't give a poo poo about. Sure, we argue about him, but this is a forum that still has strong opinions on Ricardo Arona in 2019

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ref should not have stopped it after Covington kicked usman in the eye. Legal move

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/justin_golight/status/1206105173606711296?s=19

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Good news everyone: we defeated racism.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

piratepilates posted:

Good news everyone: we defeated racism.

No, but we did shut up a stupid idiot and that's always entertaining. Especially when he runs out of the arena shoving people out of his way.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gonna be tough to talk poo poo through a wired shut jaw

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

If he was a clever heel he'd maintain the same shtick except use a text to speech for a while

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Oh no My jaw lol

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Mekchu posted:

No, but we did shut up a stupid idiot and that's always entertaining. Especially when he runs out of the arena shoving people out of his way.

hey thats a very rude accusation to make, blindsite didnt shove anyone as he ran from the posting arena

mewse
May 2, 2006

only thing missing from tonight is a shakycam vid of snoop yelling "gently caress trump! beat his rear end!" at his tv

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aye Doc posted:

hey thats a very rude accusation to make, blindsite didnt shove anyone as he ran from the posting arena

lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Gonna be tough to talk poo poo through a wired shut jaw

it was how kanye became a renowned rapper. weirder poo poo has happened

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey Jerusalem, what happened to the General Chat thread?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mekchu posted:

Hey Jerusalem, what happened to the General Chat thread?

Jerusalem posted:

hey everybody, my apologies, I had to close the thread because I've got family stuff going on and am already running late for it. The General thread was being overtaken by a dumb argument (on both sides) and I could see it was only going to get worse and this was the only actual action I saw as reasonable to shut things down. DoctorGonzo is currently on probation and mad as hell about it, so they reopened the thread, so I had to temporarily move it, it'll be back in a few hours I promise.

Sorry to dump this and run like this, but real life and family commitments are far more important than dealing with this stuff. I've made the Admins and other mods aware of what is going on, if they think this is an overreaction I'm sure they'll correct it. Be nice to each other! :)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Haha gently caress Colby

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dana on the presser mentioned they might just make Aldo vs Cejudo anyway

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thanks. Shame it happened. Also didn't know DoctorGonzo was being a weirdo so that's fair.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Colby Covington posted:

Maegh Amrrghgh Ghhhr Ackghhhh

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dana admits to grooming kids on stage!

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Goodpart posted:

Brilliance

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Aye Doc posted:

lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Goodpart posted:

yea ok posted:

Oh no My jaw lol

:discourse:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Mekchu posted:

Thanks. Shame it happened. Also didn't know DoctorGonzo was being a weirdo so that's fair.

Are his wrestling opinions as bad as his f1 opinions? Someone in the f1 thread said he got banned andnit made me sad.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/DamonMartin/status/1206129638885527552?s=19

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
lol

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Excellent

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

can't even have the "heart of a warrior" narrative now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
A second doctor has just appeared to tell everyone that Colby pissed himself.